What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. USC Game Thread

I am questioning two straight drives where we have third and four and throw twice both times. Especially the first time. Run the mother ****ing ball. What happened to being the best conditioned team and wearing people out in the fourth?

See above.

that was not impressive. you have a good offense. go for it. punting and relying on a league worst D is stupid.
I'd accept the loss much better had we, at least tried, instead of punting. We flat gave this game away, this should've been a W. Btw, fumble drill this week. Never seen so many ways a team could find a way to beat themselves like tonight, WAKE THE **** UP!!

I agree with both those takes. IMO, they passed way too often in the 4th quarter period.

My only point is that once we got to 4th and 4, the chances of getting it were between slim and none.
Two Viska wildcat runs WITHOUT confusion and false starts would do it. If he cannot get 4 yards in two plays, then we deserve to load.

I am questioning two straight drives where we have third and four and throw twice both times. Especially the first time. Run the mother ****ing ball. What happened to being the best conditioned team and wearing people out in the fourth?
We also killed them most of the game with Montez running the ball then forgot about that too. On the 3rd and 4 plays the defense split like the Red Sea. A qb draw would have gained 8-10 yards easy.

I honestly believe that both are equally below average teams, but SC happens to have more athletes who made a couple more plays.

Had Falo fallen on that fumble and CU won would you be here saying, “man CU sure got away with one beating a better team”?
So all else equal, the team that makes the plays required to score more points than the other team is NOT better?

**** you
Mel Tucker is a very good DC, why could he not call the defense? Quit pointing out Frost ****! Everyones hates Summers, so I am just pointing out fixes. The D sucks overall, wonder why Tucker needs Summers to still suck!

Good comeback. Mel Tucker isn't the DC-he's the HC. He needs to manage the football game-not overly involve himself with one side of the ball.

Tough loss. Hope the boys show up in the Rose Bowl next weekend. That was a heck of effort by the boys tonight.

Well, since we lose all the time ... what’s your point? I’ve been on earlier this year ... and any ****ing way, who gives a flying **** when I show up!!!??!! A-hole-skin. There’s never been a more appropriate screen name.

good comeback.

Good comeback. Mel Tucker isn't the DC-he's the HC. He needs to manage the football game-not overly involve himself with one side of the ball.
Is Bill Belichik the Defensive play caller and game planner for the Patriots?
Is Andy Reid the Offensive play caller and game planner for the Chiefs?
Many more examples!!!

Is Bill Belichik the Defensive play caller and game planner for the Patriots?
Is Andy Reid the Offensive play caller and game planner for the Chiefs?
Many more examples!!!

For every Belichick or Reid I can give you three Vic Fangio types who can't walk and chew gum at the same time. Try again.

We had the elixir for a horrific loss:

Boneheaded play calls down the stretch
Big penalties go against us that weren’t penalties
Big non calls on their penalties that hurt us
ALL of the ball bounces going their way
OL penalties in the worst scenarios
Drops and bad throws in crucial spots

Colorado were a few different twists away from blowing out USC. Instead, we stepped on our dicks and lost in the worst possible way.

Are you kidding, this is literally Mac's team minus freshmen. This is Mac's weak mentality players, this is Mac's weak strength players. Mel and his staff have made some horrible decisions on the field, but the players he has to work with is all MAC. I'm sure you think Montez is a future NFL QB too. PSH the dufus is going to be playing flag football in Denver just like Sefo.

I can guarantee you that Nick Saban could win with this team.

We had the elixir for a horrific loss:

Boneheaded play calls down the stretch
Big penalties go against us that weren’t penalties
Big non calls on their penalties that hurt us
ALL of the ball bounces going their way
OL penalties in the worst scenarios
Drops and bad throws in crucial spots

Colorado were a few different twists away from blowing out USC. Instead, we stepped on our dicks and lost in the worst possible way.

We say this every year. I am sitting here contemplating going back and reviewing the last 3-4 games against USC. Seriously think about it.

Back