What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Cal at CU game day thread

Winning the ugly ones makes all the difference. After Wednesday was worried about the cold shooting factor, but sounded like they played great D to keep it close until they heated up.

Buffs routinely about 20 points better at home vs away. Outcome expected. Now how it happens is not necessarily routine..,

Really key win for our top 4 hopes. We've obviously got a tough road swing ahead and Cal is returning to Berkeley for a 3 game home stand. Had we dropped this it would have been hard to see us finishing top 4 as we'd have been 2 behind Oregon, forfeited the tiebreaker to Cal, and been at a disadvantage with Utah being a game behind and losing at the Keg.

Also, we just added a much needed top 50 win to the resume.

Good job students.

We'll never mind on the sarcastic post since I'm getting an error uploading a pic of a less than 50% full student section.

Really key win for our top 4 hopes. We've obviously got a tough road swing ahead and Cal is returning to Berkeley for a 3 game home stand. Had we dropped this it would have been hard to see us finishing top 4 as we'd have been 2 behind Oregon, forfeited the tiebreaker to Cal, and been at a disadvantage with Utah being a game behind and losing at the Keg.

Also, we just added a much needed top 50 win to the resume.

Tad said this was separation week. Mission accomplished. Knotted up at second in the conference 1/2 game behind the leader is exactly where CU needs to be.

From the perspective of "other teams receiving votes" in the top 25 rankings, CU might just go from 1 to at least 2! I feel pretty good about that because I'm betting at least somebody on the east coast was awake to watch this one.

Tad said this was separation week. Mission accomplished. Knotted up at second in the conference 1/2 game behind the leader is exactly where CU needs to be.

From the perspective of "other teams receiving votes" in the top 25 rankings, CU might just go from 1 to at least 2! I feel pretty good about that because I'm betting at least somebody on the east coast was awake to watch this one.

With another big win coming on a Sunday evening we're likely to stay under the radar. Certainly won't be where a 17-5 (6-3) side with a 20 RPI from other power conferences would be. Sooner or later they'll have to take notice.

The students that didn't show up early on showed up in the 2nd half. Not as full as you'd want with a team this good, but they did their part. They bring so much sustained energy that it's important that they show up.

One of the better bball games I've attended this year. I'm not a big fan of bball on TV, but I love going to the games. Will probably go to a few more games this year.

The students that didn't show up early on showed up in the 2nd half. Not as full as you'd want with a team this good, but they did their part. They bring so much sustained energy that it's important that they show up.

One of the better bball games I've attended this year. I'm not a big fan of bball on TV, but I love going to the games. Will probably go to a few more games this year.
I thought the students who did show up were pretty decent today. Section got to about 50% capacity but no more by the second half. Surprised and disappointed that there were fewer today than there were for Stanford.

I thought the students who did show up were pretty decent today. Section got to about 50% capacity but no more by the second half. Surprised and disappointed that there were fewer today than there were for Stanford.
Fresh powder at all the resorts I bet had a big impact.

Nice win Buffs. Josh Scott wins the game for CU in several different ways in the last 7 minutes. Not quite sure about the thinking around here that we'll be OK without a big next year. And a good big. He's so steady.

I'd been very down on Dom all year, but I'll eat crow on that all day long ... his maturation has been very impressive over the last 5-6 games, not just the outside shot, but his defense and ability to penetrate and create for himself and other guys. I just didn't think I'd see that from him this year, but it's starting to be a weapon. If he and Fortune can bring that slashing ability consistently, and add that to their outside games, holy ****, sky's the limit for this team.

I still say that George King is one of the best stories of the year in all college basketball ... signed late when Tad randomly sees him scouting another kid, plays erratically as a freshmen, redshirts (!) ... and then, with nobody even inside the program expecting it, has been arguably the team's MVP this season. Pretty damn amazing.

Nice win Buffs. Josh Scott wins the game for CU in several different ways in the last 7 minutes. Not quite sure about the thinking around here that we'll be OK without a big next year. And a good big. He's so steady.

Wes Gordon and Tory Miller are leaving this year too? Wow, they're wonderful players but I didn't think anyone would assume they're jumping to the NBA after this season.

We go through cold stretches at times but I see an identity emerging with this team. If it continues to develop we might have a solid tournament team. Today when the shots weren't falling they remained patient and continued to play their brand of ball and continued to play good defense, which is why we didn't get blown out in the first half. The guards were penetrating better, the ball was moving, defense was much more consistent, we were taking good shots and we kept our turnovers under control. If we continue to do all that, we will win a lot of games this year.

I am exited to see what we can do on the road next week. I think if we can be solid on the road it will tell us a lot about this teams chances in the tournament.

I hate getting big leads and then letting the opponent make it close or, like Utah, win. Frustrating. I wish we were more consistant, but that's college basketball.

I hate getting big leads and then letting the opponent make it close or, like Utah, win. Frustrating. I wish we were more consistant, but that's college basketball.

Good teams come back.

Good teams don't let that good opponent come back and win.

Nature of the college basketball beast.

Runs are a part of the game and good teams make them. CU did a good job of not letting it get closer than 5 pts and closing it out. Solid win against a very good Cal team

Well, it would be nice if we would at least control things we can control, like the front end of a one and one!! But I totally get it. I always expected Cal to make a run. And they did.

Wes Gordon and Tory Miller are leaving this year too? Wow, they're wonderful players but I didn't think anyone would assume they're jumping to the NBA after this season.

"Big" in my thinking being 6'10'' or greater.

We need to get ranked.
Now's the chance - sweep in Oregon and we'll be close to ranking. I'd settle for another split on the road though - a third P12 road win in 6 games would be rather remarkable. And then get one in Southern California and perhaps at Utah - with Arixona the only significant obstacle at home, things are shaping up well. After last year's debacle of a season, and all the uncertainties heading into this year, I think recognizing and respecting Tad and the team will soon be unavoidable.

Reactions: DBT
Oregon will be really, really tough. We'll have to shoot lights out and play really good D. Stranger things have happened, I suppose.

Now's the chance - sweep in Oregon and we'll be close to ranking. I'd settle for another split on the road though - a third P12 road win in 6 games would be rather remarkable. And then get one in Southern California and perhaps at Utah - with Arixona the only significant obstacle at home, things are shaping up well. After last year's debacle of a season, and all the uncertainties heading into this year, I think recognizing and respecting Tad and the team will soon be unavoidable.

If we swept we wouldn't be close to a ranking, we'd be well inside. Even we couldn't be left out with a 19-5 (8-3) record coming off a road win at a top 15ish Oregon. Most power conference sides would be ranked this week at 17-5, but such is life for CU. A win in Eugene would be a MAJOR bonus. Icing on the cake. I'm not sure any Pac side wins there this year. The Ducks are on absolute fire right now...we're not catching them at a good time. On the flip side, I am increasingly optimistic that we may have a shot to grab a win in Corvallis. We just might be catching the Beavs at the right time. Walking away from this road swing 1-1 would be immensely valuable. In a sane college hoops world, CU would be ranked because of it.

I love these post-win threads to death! Too, too funny!

Plus any game that gets DBT out of the butt groove in his Barca-lounger and throwing beer cans at his old Motorola B&W 19 incher, is a good one.

I got lucky today. Was traveling with daughter and couldn't watch the game. Flew Southwest and took off right at game time.
A. We flew Southwest, which has some TV stations available
B. The game somewhat oddly was on FS1 this time and it happens to be one of the dozen or so stations Southwest offers (no ESPNs or Pac12).
Was able to watch the entire game.
I love living in these times. Can't imagine what it will be like in 20 years.
Nice to see Dom step up his game.
The team took much better care of the ball and limited TOs.
JS40 stepped up when needed.
Fortune.....yikes....need him to step up next game.
Tad was really flip-subbing Fletcher (D)/King (O) down the stretch.

Back