What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CFP Selection Freakout Thread

Vegas also favored Oregon over Washington by nine so I don't see your point.

The committee is tasked with selecting the four best teams, as perceived by the public. Vegas is tasked with quantifying public perception in a line. There are always upsets. And perceptions are often wrong. I personally thought Oregon would cover. Really impressive game by Washington.

I thought the 1994 Buffs were severely overrated. People didn't account for the Hail Mary. Take that away, they were pretty mediocre.
🤦 What was Michigan ranked that year? How good was Auburn this year?

You knew before you posted it that your argument was disingenuous at best.

The committee is tasked with selecting the four best teams, as perceived by the public. Vegas is tasked with quantifying public perception in a line. There are always upsets. And perceptions are often wrong. I personally thought Oregon would cover. Really impressive game by Washington.
No sh it and yeah Washington was impressive.

But then maybe Georgia is #3 instead of #1. Suddenly, that Bama win is not quite as impressive.
The UGA win matters because it was for a conference championship making them equal with FSU on this criteria. .

As perceived by the public nationwide or SEC/Big 10 country?

Guarantee you the vast amount of people who are outside SEC country think FSU deserved #4.

Because they're an SEC team and Florida State isn't.

That's what this comes down to. You and I both know that.
I’m confused. Do you think FSU has a better SoS than Bama. I’ve looked at numerous analytics today. I don’t find one that says that.

As perceived by the public nationwide or SEC/Big 10 country?

Guarantee you the vast amount of people who are outside SEC country think FSU deserved #4.

You might be right. Americans are dumb people. Look at who we elected as president 7 years ago.

It's not that Georgia is favored. It's that FSU is a 13-point underdog. Clearly, that shows they are not one of the top 4 teams at the moment.
Or it shows that Georgia is also a top four team. Or it shows nothing, or everything.

Yes It indeed matters. I agree with you. It helps determine Bama’s SIS . And by that criteria I find none than favor FSU over Bama.

Hence the reason many think it is a self-fulfilling prophecy that the SEC will get in at least one team every year.

I’m confused. Do you think FSU has a better SoS than Bama. I’ve looked at numerous analytics today. I don’t find one that says that.
I pay no attention whatsoever to analytics. I go by what my eyes tell me. FSU beating Florida on the road playing two backup QBs is more impressive than Alabama needing to pull one out of their asses at Auburn with Milroe. Yesterday's the same deal-Georgia being #1 was all about reputation. Their schedule was awful.

I would say it's tasked with quantifying public perception in a line that minimises its risk and liability as much as possible.

Or it shows that Georgia is also a top four team. Or it shows nothing, or everything.

I agree that Georgia is probably the best team. But they lost their playoff yesterday. There are only four spots. You can't justify Georgia under the way that things played out.

This isn't black and white. There is a bit of nuance in the selection process. But no one is going to convince me that FSU is a better team than Alabama at the moment.

And cherry picking a game or a play isn't persuasive either. That's football. Most of the greatest teams have had close calls.

It's not that Georgia is favored. It's that FSU is a 13-point underdog. Clearly, that shows they are not one of the top 4 teams at the moment.
Again-Washington was a 10 point dog Friday night.

Using early bowl lines as evidence is a new one.....even for you.

You are like five minutes behind the conversation.
I brought that up again because you keep bringing up Georgia being a 2 TD favorite in the Orange Bowl.

That line really doesn't matter at all, and you're using it to justify FSU being left out. Just conveying how flawed your argument is.

I agree that Georgia is probably the best team. But they lost their playoff yesterday. There are only four spots. You can't justify Georgia under the way that things played out.

This isn't black and white. There is a bit of nuance in the selection process. But no one is going to convince me that FSU is a better team than Alabama at the moment.

And cherry picking a game or a play isn't persuasive either. That's football. Most of the greatest teams have had close calls.

Do you think Georgia is the best team based on 2023 alone? I think Michigan (for 2023 alone) has the better resume, and that was true even before yesterday's results.

I pay no attention whatsoever to analytics. I go by what my eyes tell me. FSU beating Florida on the road playing two backup QBs is more impressive than Alabama needing to pull one out of their asses at Auburn with Milroe. Yesterday's the same deal-Georgia being #1 was all about reputation. Their schedule was awful.
OK. The Committee uses other criteria, including SOS.

Back