What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CFP Selection Freakout Thread

Whose loss is the worst:
UT
Bama
UGA

Like I said earlier, I want UT to win it. But I also what this to turn into a clown show where FSU and UT are left out for Bama and UGA, just to show how dumb this whole thing is.
if you are going to include non champs, Ohio St has 1 loss vs Michigan. No different than UGA

No. I’m advocating for choosing the best.
By the eye test?

By the sports books?

The computers are going to give you Ohio State as often as they give you Bama this year.

The "best" is a messy way to do it that is rife with recency bias and valuing what Bama and Georgia were in previous years. The put Bama in crowd has selective amnesia about the fact that a middling Auburn team had them all but beat just 7 days ago and that they looked like dog**** against USF.

Bama is arguably, one of the four best teams this year. Same for Washington, Ohio State, Texas, Florida State, Georgia, and Oregon. Michigan definitely is.

So you're taking the four "best" conference champs, which is just too damn convenient for Bama as it gives them a way to be put in over Ohio State and FSU by different criteria respectively.

Last edited:
Conferences and using Vegas odds to determine a championship is bogus
Only option is a level playing field super league
That is NOT the only option.

we can stop pretending all conferences are playing the same game by the same rules, junk the CFP, and let conference champs be the goal once again.

College football doesn't need a national championship

College football has never needed a national championship

Trying to force a natty on the sport has damaged it severely.

I wish everyone stanning for Bama would just sack up and say "because SEC".

If a Big Ten or SEC champion was in the situation that FSU was in, on their 3rd string QB, with a Pac-12, Big 12, or ACC team in Bama's position, these same people would be like, "Whelp, they went undefeated, so it doesn't matter."

I wish everyone stanning for Bama would just sack up and say "because SEC".

If a Big Ten or SEC champion was in the situation that FSU was in, on their 3rd string QB, with a Pac-12, Big 12, or ACC team in Bama's position, these same people would be like, "Whelp, they went undefeated, so it doesn't matter."
It's hilarious if SEC people are now going to gripe about the CFP selection being unfair and a bad system because they got left out.

I'm just happy that the CFPs have finally taken the subjectivity out of the determination of a True Nat'l Champion.

You anti-SEC folks are funny. You don't want Bama in "because SEC." The committee has a tough choice, this would've been a great year 1 of the 12 team playoff. 3 undefeated P5 conference champs and the other two with only 1 loss? Sign me up for this every year.

Meh - I think people are just sick of the hypocrisy. The SEC was down this year. If any other conference was in the situation that the SEC finds itself in, with their champ being the one potentially on the outside looking in, you would not see the amount of people turning themselves inside out to get them in.

You go undefeated in a P5 conference, you should get in. You play the games on your schedule, and if you win them all, you get rewarded. You have 3 undefeated P5 champs - they're in.

Then you have 2 one loss P5 champs. They played each other in the regular season. The winner gets in.

If the team on the outside looking in wasn't Alabama, no one is disputing this.

So explain to me how "because SEC" is the anti-SEC angle.

Meh - I think people are just sick of the hypocrisy. The SEC was down this year. If any other conference was in the situation that the SEC finds itself in, with their champ being the one potentially on the outside looking in, you would not see the amount of people turning themselves inside out to get them in.

You go undefeated in a P5 conference, you should get in. You play the games on your schedule, and if you win them all, you get rewarded. You have 3 undefeated P5 champs - they're in.

Then you have 2 one loss P5 champs. They played each other in the regular season. The winner gets in.

If the team on the outside looking in wasn't Alabama, no one is disputing this.

So explain to me how "because SEC" is the anti-SEC angle.
Does Bama’s resume say they are a top 4 team in your opinion according to the protocol? It does to me, but I now think they get left out.

Alabama lost to the team that beat 1-loss Alabama so it’s no wonder their Strength of Schedule would be above Texas since they didn’t lose to the team that beat 1-loss Alabama.

Quality Losses always help the SEC, never the other conferences. Letting ESPN buy a piece was the best decision that conference ever made

Alabama lost to the team that beat 1-loss Alabama so it’s no wonder their Strength of Schedule would be above Texas since they didn’t lose to the team that beat 1-loss Alabama.

Quality Losses always help the SEC, never the other conferences. Letting ESPN buy a piece was the best decision that conference ever made
ESPN's own FPI is interesting (aka, worthless).

Bama had an OOC of...

Middle Tennessee
Texas
South Florida
UT Chattanooga

👀
And in conference close shaves against:

Texas A&M (7-5)
Arkansas (4-8)
Auburn (6-6)

Bama is a team capable of winning or losing against any of the top 8 teams

Don't forget that those close games above prove that those teams were almost as good as Bama, which proves that Bama is even better than the close scores against teams with bad to mediocre records would leave you to believe.

Back