What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Coaching Search Thread

What in the hell is a mountain momma?

tenor.gif
If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

rg has this thing on super maximum security lockdown.

unless someone breaks omertà, we may not hear anything until right before the presser. like within hours of the presser.

c'mon you dirty rats, pass some us some info! we, the faithful, need inspiration.

Can someone explain why all the hype over Dana Holgorsen? RG clearly stated he wants a guy that understands the Buffs program and what it means to be a Buff. Not only that, but Dana is 2-4 in bowl games and only has two seasons with more than 8 wins as a head coach in the Mighty Big 12. How is that a championship caliber coach?

You're implying that he said he wants someone who has either A) coached here or B) played here and he has said neither of this things. He said he wants someone who can consistently win and know's how to lead/run a disciplined program.

New to the Flightaware watching but looks like a flight is coming into the Jeffco airport from Boise this morning. New to posting so I can't add the link:unsure:
Please, please God, not another Boise coach. Am I the only one on the board who feels this way? What is everyone elses opinion on Harsin?

unless someone breaks omertà, we may not hear anything until right before the presser. like within hours of the presser.

c'mon you dirty rats, pass some us some info! we, the faithful, need inspiration.
91FAB435-85CB-4E2A-AE40-314D473CB40C.jpeg

Meeting with recruits with a substantial cloud hanging over the program, and you as a coach personally, is rough duty. Takes some serious skill to navigate through those waters with recruits and come off as genuine.

We have said our peace with respect to these coaches and the merits of keeping them, or not. That said, props to them for manning up and doing their job under tough circumstances.
Regardless of whether or not they are retained, Chev and Hagan are the two coaches most capable of selling CU to recruits. They love CU, there is no doubt about that. For everyone else on the staff this is just another job.

Howell just owned this Dude. 5 years is the cap for longterm contracts. No way the legislature is amending crap. This is fake news from some ****-bird that has nothing better to do. Probably one of us!
Yeah. That was funny. I bet Brian enjoyed that.

Regardless of whether or not they are retained, Chev and Hagan are the two coaches most capable of selling CU to recruits. They love CU, there is no doubt about that. For everyone else on the staff this is just another job.
I don't see Hagan ever leaving CU, I believe he will always have a job in some kind of capacity.

Get_Smart-Cone-of-silence.jpg

Edit @DBT.. I don't think either of us is 35

(A) I have been overloading on this coaching search, but something obvious has come to my mind and it has been mentioned elsewhere that we (Colorado) are in an amazing position right now as the best potential coaching job open right now. We have a decent roster, beautiful facilities, and a solid AD. I feel we can and will get an amazing new coach in the next 5-6 days that will really make all of us happy.

(B) However, there is a chance we get a really good coach that may leave us in 2-3 years for what would be perceived as greener pastures!

Do you agree with A?
Are you OK with B? If we win

A is mostly true, if we don't wait too long.

B - hell yes! Anyone that comes in and makes us win, even if for only 2-3 years, is a good thing. Shows it can be done. Builds the coaching tree connections. Could lead to a great asst. to take over.

Now, obviously a 40ish yr old football genius who comes in, takes us to the top and stays for 20+ is idea, but I'll take B as opposed to C: Mid-level G5 coach, comes in, goes ~.500, stays for 6 years, leaves us in the same or worse state.

Can someone explain why all the hype over Dana Holgorsen? RG clearly stated he wants a guy that understands the Buffs program and what it means to be a Buff. Not only that, but Dana is 2-4 in bowl games and only has two seasons with more than 8 wins as a head coach in the Mighty Big 12. How is that a championship caliber coach?

You do know that's four more bowls than we've been to since 2007 right?

Back