What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Coaching Search Thread

I dunno. While we might be able to do better I wouldnt be unhappy. What I saw in 2016 was a strong defense that helped win games put together by a coach that appeared to be able to game plan.

Below it appears he was starting underclassmen this past season. We all assume its better talent at the O but they could also have behind the scenes issues.

What happened to Pookie, or Mookie, or whatever his name was?

I am probably in the minority, but I don't think Mason would be terrible. I do not think he is the best option. He would probably be at least #4 or #5, on the list.

I am probably in the minority, but I don't think Mason would be terrible. I do not think he is the best option. He would probably be at least #4 or #5, on the list.
Can you see Colorado averaging over 8 wins a year with Mason coaching us?
Can you see Colorado recruiting Top 25 classes with Mason coaching us?

Personally I can't imagine that happening and that's why I don't want him even though I think he's a good football coach with a lot of fire and presence to his personality. I want to hire someone who makes me think the answers to those questions above are a potential "yes".

I dunno. While we might be able to do better I wouldnt be unhappy. What I saw in 2016 was a strong defense that helped win games put together by a coach that appeared to be able to game plan.

Below it appears he was starting underclassmen this past season. Especially at corner and safety. We all assume its better talent at the O but they could also have behind the scenes issues.

5 upperclassmen and no true freshman starting is pretty good, especially with only 4 freshman in the two deep.

Can you see Colorado averaging over 8 wins a year with Mason coaching us?
Can you see Colorado recruiting Top 25 classes with Mason coaching us?

Personally I can't imagine that happening and that's why I don't want him even though I think he's a good football coach with a lot of fire and presence to his personality. I want to hire someone who makes me think the answers to those questions above are a potential "yes".
I would say no to both, probably, but by the same token, would you trade the crap we have seen over the last 12 years for a guy who could turn in 7-8 win seasons? I would. I would also like to see a guy who could turn in 9-11 win seasons too....

This has got to be the strangest coaching search I can remember. Absolutely no leaks. Usually we have something to go off of by now. It tells me it's something big. Just my 2 cents.
It doesn’t tell you anything other than RG is tight-lipped; you HOPE it’s something big. And I’m right there with you.

Count me in the “surely, it’s not Mason...” crowd.

Nah, this is big d*ck swinging Rick George we're talking about, not some slappy.
This will not be a HR hire. CU is not a program that will attract that kind of candidate at this time. The names circulating are likely the waters in which RG is fishing (Day, Lake, Leavitt, Littrell, etc).

Day would be a solid triple.

This will not be a HR hire. CU is not a program that will attract that kind of candidate at this time. The names circulating are likely the waters in which RG is fishing (Day, Lake, Leavitt, Littrell, etc).

Who would constitute a HR hire?

I agree. Difference between the first two you list and the next two is that the first two could end up being HR hires. They haven’t been a HC (or in Day’s position a full-time HC) but have high potential. The latter two have been and aren’t a top 10 or even top 25 HC in my opinion.

Back