What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Coaching Search Thread

Yeah, if it's Lake get him here for an 11:00 AM press conference Saturday. We'll get so much coverage. Pre-game, post-game and halftime shows. Leak the news early so that GameDay is talking about it. Every recruit out west will take notice.

It will get buried on Saturday.

It will get buried on Saturday.
That's a weird take. They don't have to squeeze in highlights from a full slate of games. I think they would be very likely to spend a couple of minutes discussing it on all the studio shows whereas the news might have gotten a 10 second clip from the presser on a day with 50 games to cover.

Lol we're talking about something from "Vic Vinegar" as if its not fake news? If we have to hire an SEC defensive guy-Aranda please. The QBs/offenses in the east aren't very good collectively outside of UGA. I wouldn't hate bringing Pepsi man back here (prefer him to Mel Tucker), but he's lower on my list too.

You’re right. Thanks. I needed that. I think this whole thing has been very stressful for me.

That's a weird take. They don't have to squeeze in highlights from a full slate of games. I think they would be very likely to spend a couple of minutes discussing it on all the studio shows whereas the news might have gotten a 10 second clip from the presser on a day with 50 games to cover.

Monday ensures full coverage, particularly in the local media.

Monday ensures full coverage, particularly in the local media.
All the college fans and recruits will be watching Saturday. That's the best time to make a national splash. Who gives a damn about the Broncos obsessed local media who don't pay any attention to the Buffs unless we're ranked?

All the college fans and recruits will be watching Saturday. That's the best time to make a national splash. Who gives a damn about the Broncos obsessed local media who don't pay any attention to the Buffs unless we're ranked?

Presumably the COLORADO Buffaloes should be maximizing local media exposure in the local media when possible.

KBJC has a 9000' runway, pretty much the only thing you wouldn't want to operate there is a B-52.
Also don’t want to do a low transition in a T-45 (specifically be super prepared to take the controls for when your student F’s it away trying one).

Agreed, but if it leaks, Jimmy could travel from San Fran to Denver Sat morning to get it going

Day has a game on Sat and if Ohio State wins convincingly, and Oklahoma looks bad and Georgia loses, Day would be a tough choice cause he would want to coach the playoff
This is what I’ve been asking...would they do that if they have been announced as a HC somewhere else?

Yeah, if it's Lake get him here for an 11:00 AM press conference Saturday. We'll get so much coverage. Pre-game, post-game and halftime shows. Leak the news early so that GameDay is talking about it. Every recruit out west will take notice.
Wow. Crazy awesome point. Wittingham.

This is what I’ve been asking...would they do that if they have been announced as a HC somewhere else?
Typically, yes. Kirby Smart coached as DC for Alabama though the playoffs after he had accepted the HC job at Georgia. They pull double duty.

Tweet deleted. What was it?
Yikes. I don't like that it was just deleted. That doesn't seem random.

It was a tweet with a few of the Oregon D players huddled up and JL said, "This is why I love coaching here at Oregon" or something similar. Scares me that he just abruptly took that down.

Edit- Looks like the pic is still up there, but he deleted the quote. ****, please don't let Leavitt be the guy.

The news cycle resets on Monday. A story that breaks on Saturday will end on Sunday night. You want the story to break on Monday to get run all week long.

This Leavitt Twitter stuff is freaking me out. The picture could be interpreted as a goodbye like tweet and all the comments are Oregon fans begging him to stay. WTF?

Yeah, this doesn't seem coincidental. That was JL's first tweet in a week and every Oregon reply is begging him to stay.

Maybe just because his name has been mentioned for every opening out there but this does have me concerned.

It’s taking so long because it’s s multi-person deal; Holg, Lake, AND Day.
Now THAT is swinging for the fences. Are we on the same coaching platform as Alabama OSU at that point? I am trying not to get to hyped about this. I was disappointed when they hired MM and I have a feeling it could be the same with this hire, especially if we sub one Vandy guy for another.

Back