What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Coaching Search Thread

I think the argument, which has some credibility (but probably is not absolute), is that certain types of offenses, especially if they're "good," make it really difficult to have a good defense (at least when measured by the traditional measurements of points/yards per game - points/yards per possession might yield different results).
What I was getting out of the prolonged, crazy ass agrgument was; is it better to hire an defensive or offensive minded head coach because xxx matters more to winning, or yyy matters more. Ergo, the HC’s strength and interest would determine how good CU could possibly be.

I guess I'm biased towards lake or holgorsen.

He's a good dc and has his choice of athletes, won't have that at CU and lake has the recruiting footprint out west.
Out of all the guys on the board, he's the one most likely to stick our DL

Who is better, why, and by how much?
I don't know who's better or worse, we'll know that in the future.

I can tell you who I THINK is better though. Here's my short list:

1) Day
2) Lake
3) Lupoi

I think in that order, from what I know. I think Day is the all-around pick, he checks pretty much all the boxes. Lake might be a better fit being in the Pac-12 but there's a good chance RG is looking to where the successful trending programs are. If you can't beat them, steal their coaches. I also think Lupoi could be great if he keeps his house in order. I love Lake's smarts and his charisma, he might end up being the best of the lot.

Who knows, they might all suck and Tucker or someone else could end up being the winners but that's just how I see it.

JMO YMMV

Come to think of it, perhaps I'm just getting Embree hotflashbacks with Tucker.

giphy.gif

22583196-time-s-divide

Back