What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Colorado vs ASU Basketball Game Thread

I think we felt the importance of this game and were really tight throughout. Ski finally rose to the occasion. The X2X layup put the game away.

Ugly game, great win. Josh completely made Bitchinski non existent. Ski remembered to turn into playmaker ski down the stretch. I might get heat for this, but I thought Talton was excellent tonight (minus the incredibly boneheaded foul out foul) without scoring. Him and JHop were excellent defensively on Jahii, the buckets he scored in the 2nd half were incredibly difficult shots. Bring on Gameday and the ***********.

Totally disagree. Talton let Carson get to the rim anytime he wanted. Scott had the great low post defense that kept making Carson miss. Talton completely ignored the scouting report.

Really glad UA snuck out with a win. I hate playing angry teams coming off a loss.
Agreed. They had to go to OT, which is good, and it doesn't take any of the luster off of Saturday's matchup with both teams winning. I like the way this sets up.

**** I would have run with him to longmont and back if he woulda slammed that.
Me too but it would take me a bit to get there. Tad just strikes me as a guy that wouldn't put up with it. Lol, he was so gonna dunk it, then he looked over his shoulder. Hmm, wonder why.

Tad:

"High level game. Asu talented. Physical. 2nd half rebounding was amazing. Really proud. Dustin terrific. Bench great. Fans responded. Guys responded. Going to honor Gamble and Mills on Saturday. They are special young men. Have to play well."

Good, tough win. Played great defensively on Jahii, Bitchski, and Marshall. Ski turned it on late and played great. Scott showed so many NBA type skills tonight. He could be the next fundamental.

Totally disagree. Talton let Carson get to the rim anytime he wanted. Scott had the great low post defense that kept making Carson miss. Talton completely ignored the scouting report.
Really? I thought XT did an admirable job against one of the quickest guards in the country. Jahii wasn't getting clean looks.

i think most will disagree with ya.

Disagree. Probably the biggest thing the crappy espnu commentators mentioned is that Carson ALWAYS goes right when driving. We actually did a good job taking that away.

We must have been watching different games.

Really? I thought XT did an admirable job against one of the quickest guards in the country. Jahii wasn't getting clean looks.

Jahii was getting to the rim at will all night. Scott was making him miss. XT finally started forcing him left towards the end. He had a great assist at the end, dumb foul. I'll take the performance, but he needs to take a few more shots. Was he 0-0 tonight?

This one was won on the boards. Everybody did a good job of crashing down and fighting for rebounds. It wasn't pretty, but we beat ASU at their game. Last year's team didn't have that ability. This is just another step in the evolution of the program.

Jahii was getting to the rim at will all night. Scott was making him miss. XT finally started forcing him left towards the end. He had a great assist at the end, dumb foul. I'll take the performance, but he needs to take a few more shots. Was he 0-0 tonight?
He had to work for everything he got. Even when he got to the rim, he had a man on his hip and the help D coming. For a player of Jahii's caliber, that's about the most you can ask for.

Students finally showed up. One of the best defensive performances of the year. Great low post defense by Scott. Not only guarding bachinski but also help defense. I wonder if that idiot from the Pac 12 network will finally realize Scott is the best big man in the conference. Good bounce back game from Thomas. He brings a toughness to the team.

Love how this team has responded down the stretch. Not all wins are gonna be pretty.

Great ****ing win. Glad the students showed. Would have been average for last year, but I'm grateful they showed. Good times.

Really proud of the team. They won a war tonight. Scott OWNED the ponytail. Team wasnt shooting well but still found ways to win.

A ton of fun. Wish the students showed up like that every game

Great night, very solid win! Effort across the board was top notch. Clean up some of the sloppy ball control Saturday and good things will happen.

All the credit goes to Tad. Teams around the nation have folded under even less adversity (Okie St, Baylor etc). Roll Tad

Back