What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Colorado vs Minnesota game Thread

I'm telling ya'll, gameday threads are better when one particular poster who can't handle his chosen antidepressant remedy is placed on your ignore list.

Especially in the post game discussion phase of his inebriation.

Lewis had 8,000 yards passing in HS
His essence has been coached out of him
Carter is not better than Lewis at all, but when a CU QB can go playground, he looks exciting.
When playing within the offense, they look like crap
Agree totally. This is all on the coaches. And even if it is on Lewis, they need to give him plays he is comfortable with, like maybe really quick slant passes. Everything they give him seems very slow to develop.

I can’t decide which is my favorite take from today.

1) Shrout wasn’t even top 2 on the depth chart

2) Chev hasn’t had a chance to prove himself.

this team is talented, but the coaching is horrific. So much for KD and co. being teachers. Today didn’t look like a team that has been coached up. KD can say all the right things in the post game e.g. last week after A&M. Doesn’t matter if you don’t put words into action. This staff doesn’t have what it takes to get it done. I haven’t been watching CU as long as a lot of folks here, but in my 27 years of being a fan, I think I would rather have watched that Oregon State loss or that 2002 USC loss over this. This was embarrassing. Good coaches don’t lose games like this. If you think there is still a chance this staff succeeds, I’m sorry but you’re delusional.

So, HCKD elects not the be interviewed on the radio show. I hade literally never heard that happen, ever. Coward. Total freaking coward.
It’s happened several times with various Buff coaches. The previous coach who shall not be named did it.

Just got done editing my daughter's soccer game video. They played like ****. But at least they ****ing scored once. But they are a U12 team with some U11 and U10 players. No excuses for the ****show the Buffs put up today.

I still don’t get what point you’re trying to make here. Are you defending KD and Chiv and blaming this on Lewis? Are you telling us that we’re inconsistent in our support of KD vs Tucker? Are you just yelling at clouds?

To your point on Lewis. If it’s easy to relax and play when you’re down by a lot, shouldn’t he have played better in the second half of this game?

Let me give you my takes on all three:
Chev-worst OC in the country outside of John Donovan at Washington, and its not really close. His position group has been below average (at best) in these three games. Should be demoted to WR coach NOW (with Langsdorf or Dorrell taking over play calling for the rest of the year) and his future here should depend on what he's able to do with that group the rest of this year. Lewis shouldn't be playing-he's had a lot of "deer in headlights" moments over the last three weeks....which leads to Dorrell's handling of the situation-Noyer leaves because he brought JT Shrout in here with the intention of starting him IMO (I didn't say that on here because I knew the reactions like the unlike I just got from @Bill Cody would shortly follow). Shrout's hurt, and now here we are.

Here's my point on Mel Tucker: A lot of you have and continue to overrate him as a recruiter IMO. In addition to the issues with Lewis, Clayton is 3rd on the RB depth chart (and has been for pretty much the entire time he's been here) behind Broussard and Fontenot. Rice hasn't done much of anything this year. I thought Gonzalez had a really good game last week, but that's really the only kid in that class who has honestly stood out to me the entire time that group has been on campus.

Did the under win? Asking for a friend…
It did!
Pay Day Money GIF by Anderson .Paak

Chev-worst OC in the country outside of John Donovan at Washington, and its not really close. His position group has been below average (at best) in these three games. Should be demoted to WR coach NOW (with Langsdorf or Dorrell taking over play calling for the rest of the year) and his future here should depend on what he's able to do with that group the rest of this year. Lewis shouldn't be playing-he's had a lot of "deer in headlights" moments over the last three weeks....which leads to Dorrell's handling of the situation-Noyer leaves because he brought JT Shrout in here with the intention of starting him IMO (I didn't say that on here because I knew the reactions like the unlike I just got from @Bill Cody would shortly follow). Shrout's hurt, and now here we are.

Here's my point on Mel Tucker: A lot of you have and continue to overrate him as a recruiter IMO. In addition to the issues with Lewis, Clayton is 3rd on the RB depth chart (and has been for pretty much the entire time he's been here) behind Broussard and Fontenot. Rice hasn't done much of anything this year. I thought Gonzalez had a really good game last week, but that's really the only kid in that class who has honestly stood out to me the entire time that group has been on campus.
Can you let Mel Tucker go? Nobody is talking about him as if there was a choice made by CU. We are talking about how awful Dorrell has been this year. Maybe a third lap will get through to you

The money can be there.

CU isn't poor. We have donors who would put money into the program if, and that's the hitch, if they knew that we would be willing to make a commitment to winning instead of trying to be some elite academic school that doesn't need or want football.
If we had big time donors they wouldn’t wait for RG to ask for help.

So the current staff is horrible and the previous staff wasn’t all that. Essentially you’re yelling at clouds.

I think that Dorrell must take over play calling and show whether or not he deserves to coach this team.
Chiv needs to get back on the sidelines and coach up his WR’s
Langsdorf has apparently clustered Lewis’s brain
Rodrigue is not an OL coach at this level!

Did the under win? Asking for a friend…
I haven’t been playing much this year due to lack of available time. Who you got this afternoon/evening that I should play? PM if you prefer….I am in the mood to take a few chances today, so even warm bets are good.

Mel Tucker's 1st season salary at CU was $2.4 million. His 2nd season salary jumped up to $2.7 million.

Dorrell started at $3.2 million and bumped up to $3.4 million for this season. He's set to make $3.6 million next year, $3.8 million in 2023, and his final contract year (2024) is $4 million.

So the current staff is horrible and the previous staff wasn’t all that. Essentially you’re yelling at clouds.
The recruiting issues start with the previous staff's one class here and the way Mel Tucker left here. If you want to have that conversation, I'm down-but recruiting didn't magically go downhill the minute Dorrell got here in my view, and the way I read a fair amount of posts on here-that's the view.
Can you let Mel Tucker go? Nobody is talking about him as if there was a choice made by CU. We are talking about how awful Dorrell has been this year. Maybe a third lap will get through to you
No. His time here's a factor in the recruiting conversation too-because that 25th ranked class or whatever it was he put together in 2019 clearly isn't that good. When we're wondering about kids like Lewis, Clayton, Rice-that needs to be taken into account.

Mel Tucker's 1st season salary at CU was $2.4 million. His 2nd season salary jumped up to $2.7 million.

Dorrell started at $3.2 million and bumped up to $3.4 million for this season. He's set to make $3.6 million next year, $3.8 million in 2023, and his final contract year (2024) is $4 million.
Correct me if I'm wrong-but wasn't Tucker offered that when the MSU speculation started?

Point being whoever took the job would have become the highest paid coach in CU history.

I think that Dorrell must take over play calling and show whether or not he deserves to coach this team.
Chiv needs to get back on the sidelines and coach up his WR’s
Langsdorf has apparently clustered Lewis’s brain
Rodrigue is not an OL coach at this level!

Interesting. Explain your logic here.

The recruiting issues start with the previous staff's one class here and the way Mel Tucker left here. If you want to have that conversation, I'm down-but recruiting didn't magically go downhill the minute Dorrell got here in my view, and the way I read a fair amount of posts on here-that's the view.

No. His time here's a factor in the recruiting conversation too-because that 25th ranked class or whatever it was he put together in 2019 clearly isn't that good. When we're wondering about kids like Lewis, Clayton, Rice-that needs to be taken into account.
Yeah, but his guys are light years ahead of what we’ve put into this program the last two years. You thought today was something scary? The 2021 and 2022 classes are downright HORRIFYING.

So recruiting sucked before and it sucks now. You’re arguing about degrees of bad. I’m still not sure if you’re trying to make excuses for the current staff or just lashing out at fellow fans

Guys
We have recruits that are good players
If this staff is going to win by “TEACHING”, then we are in trouble, cause the defense is running solid principles and playing great
The offense makes no sense at all?
We were ripping on the Texas Tech type of offense, but I would kill for that now

It’s not weird. Johnson and especially Barnett would ask much more insightful questions and it is more of a conversation than a press conference. He didn’t want to face that. And he didn’t want to speak directly to the fans. Gutless.
I think that after games like this the HC wants to spend extra time with the team and just isn’t ready to cut that off to do a radio interview. It isn’t that he’s afraid to answer questions.

I have zero issues with the defensive staff. The guys on D have to be so gassed with how much they are on the field.
This. Any good defense would wilt eventually with this garbage offense.
Yeah, but his guys are light years ahead of what we’ve put into this program the last two years. You thought today was something scary? The 2021 and 2022 classes are downright HORRIFYING.
I watched about a quarter of that today and then shut it off-Minnesota's probably 6-7 wins (just a guess) and they came in here and ****ing mauled us. Embarrassing. Yeah they look basically the same as MacIntyre's classes essentially.

Back