What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Colorado vs. Wazzu Game Thread 11/17/23

We’re going to find out in the next 3 months whether the Prime “experiment” is truly going to work. His main value as a CFB coach is his ability to build, create, and manage relationships to the point where he is recruiting at a high level, keeping talented players on his current roster, and attracting high level coaches/personnel people.

If he can close on a top 30 HS class and a top 5 portal class again, along with bringing in sought after coaches to replace the underperformers, it will likely work.

I see a coach who just ran into some issues during his first season coaching at the highest level. None of that is dramatic, but I am curious to see what issues he identified this season, what he learned from the season and what actions he intends to take to fix it as yesterday in particular was a setback that unfortunately brings up very bad memories.

Kk. I just think noone is beyond reproach and after the last 20 years I give no free passes and believe everyone needs to be questioned at all times, especially when the team has lost 7 of its last 8 and just got boat raced by a team that'd lost their previous six.
Just as long as you are realistic.

Well, you ain't policing that.

I had issues with 2 games in particular this season: Stanford and yesterday. Neither was acceptable.
I don't believe anyone but you can police that.

If you don't mind me asking, what were your issues?

We’re going to find out in the next 3 months whether the Prime “experiment” is truly going to work. His main value as a CFB coach is his ability to build, create, and manage relationships to the point where he is recruiting at a high level, keeping talented players on his current roster, and attracting high level coaches/personnel people.

If he can close on a top 30 HS class and a top 5 portal class again, along with bringing in sought after coaches to replace the underperformers, it will likely work.
This year, he's gonna have to earn his top 5 ranking in the portal

And Colorado is a 1st down away from beating Arizona.
...and should have beaten Stanford. That would have us at six wins and bowl eligable right now. Those who don't see improvement confuse me. Look at Arizona's year by year progress. 1-11 in 2021. 5-7 last year. And now here they are. That's what we shold be hoping for progress-wise.

...and should have beaten Stanford. That would have us at six wins and bowl eligable right now. Those who don't see improvement confuse me. Look at Arizona's year by year progress. 1-11 in 2021. 5-7 last year. And now here they are. That's what we shold be hoping for progress-wise.
oh, and by the way, Arizona's current coach was the coach of the 1-11 season...Imagine if our current coach had gone 1-11. I don't think we would have been willing to give him the latitude and time to turn that into the kind of season Arizona is currently having. (and I am all about responding to my own posts):LOL:

This year, he's gonna have to earn his top 5 ranking in the portal
There’s a trust I have in CP when his back is against the wall that he will succeed, so I am going to believe him when he tells everyone that he “knows what’s coming (in the portal and recruiting)”. There’s going to be some serious concern if both classes are underwhelming, though.

2021 Arizona 58.9
2022 Arizona 73.4 +14.5
2023 Arizona 88.4 +15

2022 Colorado 49.2
2023 Colorado 73.2 +24

If we make can make another 24 point jump would be the best team graded by PFF ever ahead of Ohio State 2019 squad. This is extremely unlikely but Arizona is a tremendous team to model after.

There’s a trust I have in CP when his back is against the wall that he will succeed, so I am going to believe him when he tells everyone that he “knows what’s coming (in the portal and recruiting)”. There’s going to be some serious concern if both classes are underwhelming, though.

He needs to draw the right conclusions from this season. Mistakes are fine in nearly all aspects of life, especially for a relatively inexperienced coach, but what matters is what you learn from them to make sure you don't repeat those mistakes.

He needs to draw the right conclusions from this season. Mistakes are fine in nearly all aspects of life, especially for a relatively inexperienced coach, but what matters is what you learn from them to make sure you don't repeat those mistakes.
He should do this by making the right decisions about some of the coaches. We don't need to wait for so long to see the results there

If BOB, Flea or Hart are on this coaching staff come January, we'll know if Prime is serious.

I would love to see what the next guy will do with CU since this might not work. Let's give you a limited recruiting map, a transfer portal where you are more likely to lose your good players than gain, and let's put that on the next guy.

Yep, let's do it. Prime is bad, get someone better. Should be easy

For a fanbase that literally had the worst team in the last 20 seasons, you guys are talking like you had a bowl eligible last year and Prime brought this team down.

This might not work, then find someone better.
I’m not talking about the next guy. I’m talking about this guy. You didn’t address my concerns.

I’m not talking about the next guy. I’m talking about this guy. You didn’t address my concerns.
You should go to Reddit. They would love you there. You can tell them how delusional you think CU and their fans are

You should go to Reddit. They would love you there. You can tell them how delusional you think CU and their fans are
i don’t think CU and the fans are delusional.

I think there are some building block deficiencies, unaddressed.

I hope he spends time on these issues as well as other key elements such as staff, talent, scheme, etc. I question if he can succeed at this level without attention to culture, team unity and tamping down the individualism.

So rant all you want about Reddit, the next guy, whatever. My post was about these three concerns and long term CU success.

2021 Arizona 58.9
2022 Arizona 73.4 +14.5
2023 Arizona 88.4 +15

2022 Colorado 49.2
2023 Colorado 73.2 +24

If we make can make another 24 point jump would be the best team graded by PFF ever ahead of Ohio State 2019 squad. This is extremely unlikely but Arizona is a tremendous team to model after.
I would be delighted if Arizona's 2023 season was CU's 2024 season.

The PAC-12 is a lot stronger than it was just 3-4 years ago. Everyone is putting their team together to look good to the B1G, ACC, B12 because of the uncertainty within the PAC-12.
It's cyclical. At the time CU was joining the Pac, the national talk was that the population and football talent was shifting south and west - leaving the B1G region behind. The B1G responded by hiring Urban, Franklin and Harbaugh plus getting aggressive moving into some better recruiting territories in the mid-Atlantic. Meanwhile, the Pac's top property got gutted by an overzealous NCAA with the Reggie Bush scandal. The P12 would have adapted and rebounded from its mistakes but the timing of the downturn cycle (heading into new media deals, UT & OU going SEC with B1G feeling a need to match, etc) caused a perfect storm of conference destruction.

It's cyclical. At the time CU was joining the Pac, the national talk was that the population and football talent was shifting south and west - leaving the B1G region behind. The B1G responded by hiring Urban, Franklin and Harbaugh plus getting aggressive moving into some better recruiting territories in the mid-Atlantic. Meanwhile, the Pac's top property got gutted by an overzealous NCAA with the Reggie Bush scandal. The P12 would have adapted and rebounded from its mistakes but the timing of the downturn cycle (heading into new media deals, UT & OU going SEC with B1G feeling a need to match, etc) caused a perfect storm of conference destruction.
That's tragic. I remember how much everyone felt CU and Utah won by going to the PAC-12 plus the national love USC was getting

Back