What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

It will be a great day when we all get to tour this. Many beers will be drank
SkinnyCheeryCaribou.gif

What exactly is the purpose of a "recruiting lounge." We certainly need all the recruiting help we can get but I don't see how a big room with a few coaches in it (as the building's renderings depict) helps the cause. Seems like a waste of money and space.

If they want a recruiting bump how bout putting a stripper poll in that room (stripper included) plus a waterside from there across Folsom and down into the Ralphie pool. I have emailed RG this suggestion.

What exactly is the purpose of a "recruiting lounge." We certainly need all the recruiting help we can get but I don't see how a big room with a few coaches in it (as the building's renderings depict) helps the cause. Seems like a waste of money and space.

If they want a recruiting bump how bout putting a stripper poll in that room (stripper included) plus a waterside from there across Folsom and down into the Ralphie pool. I have emailed RG this suggestion.
Jelly? Doesn't the frat house have a recruiting lounge?

Recruiting lounge. a private place where the recruit can meet with his coaches, have his questions answered and feel like a VIP while having to pass through our hall of trophies and looking out over Folsom and the Flatirons. Don't let the renderings fool you. Revit (which I assume they are using) is not very good at interior renderings. Things get really distorted.

Last edited:
Recruiting lounge. a private place where the recruit can meat with his coaches, have his questions answered and feel like a VIP while having to pass through our hall of trophies and looking out over Folsom and the Flatirons. Don't let the renderings fool you. Revit (which I assume they are using) is not very good at interior renderings. Things get really distorted.
If that's the new saying for you kids these days, I'm really coming down against the recruiting lounge.

If that's the new saying for you kids these days, I'm really coming down against the recruiting lounge.

FIFMyself

Dickhead.

Also, rigid insulation going on the field facing side of the stadium now, so 3rd floor will be enclosed very soon. Excavation is progressing on the parking garage, and appears to be almost finished, they have dug deep enough, that another layer of shock-crete is up. A new deck is getting prepared for concrete along the Buff Walk/IPF. The tower crane is about to be in the way.

As a reminder, the concepts & designs of what CU is doing were largely based on touring other facilities and talking to other administrators & coaches about which aspects were most impactful. CU focused on the things that make the most difference & took them to an elite level within this plan.

"We keep hearing how a VIP recruiting lounge makes a difference for these programs."

"OK. Let's lay out a first class lounge and locate it with a million dollar view of Folsom & the Front Range."

Similar thought process with locker room, training, rehab, IPF, and entrance tunnel.

As a reminder, the concepts & designs of what CU is doing were largely based on touring other facilities and talking to other administrators & coaches about which aspects were most impactful. CU focused on the things that make the most difference & took them to an elite level within this plan.

"We keep hearing how a VIP recruiting lounge makes a difference for these programs."

"OK. Let's lay out a first class lounge and locate it with a million dollar view of Folsom & the Front Range."

Similar thought process with locker room, training, rehab, IPF, and entrance tunnel.

Barber chair?

Kitchen and entry door. Those are the two best bang for your buck improvements you can make.

Starting to frame out the roof elements near party deck, cool. OK construction fanboys, do they have to move the big crane soon or do they just work around it until near the end?

Starting to frame out the roof elements near party deck, cool. OK construction fanboys, do they have to move the big crane soon or do they just work around it until near the end?

My guess is that it comes down soon. All the heavy lifting is just about done. Lifting the rock and the interior stuff can be done with the mobile cranes.

Believe it or not, they say your front entry door is about the best bang for your buck you can do. Low cost and first impression. But I get your point.

Sometimes you wanna bang in the entry way. Sometimes you wanna bang in the kitchen. Sometimes you wanna bang in the master bedroom and bath.

My guess is that it comes down soon. All the heavy lifting is just about done. Lifting the rock and the interior stuff can be done with the mobile cranes.
If it's a tower crane, I can't see it, then they might keep it in place for a while. They can build around it and dismantle when they're ready. But hell if I know.

Edit: Yeah, I went back month by month to September. I think they'll build around it and use it for the roof, pre-cast construction and the IPF construction. At least the through the parking garage.

Last edited:
If it's a tower crane, I can't see it, then they might keep it in place for a while. They can build around it and dismantle when they're ready. But hell if I know.

Where it is sitting now, would be in the middle of a huge concrete slab, so I can't see them leaving it and building around. Maybe it is sitting where the stairs down to the main entrance is so they won't have to move it. No idea.

Back