What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

Yeah, but you also think our uniforms look cheap, out of date, and unattractive.

You have one opinion. Others are entitled to theirs.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, stop it right there. Please don't cheapen this thread discussing the aesthetics and architecture of the new buildings by bringing up the uniforms. Any discussions of player apparel pales in comparison to a heated conversation of sandstone vs flagstone or what kind of decorations should be hung on the side.

Agree this is likely what happened.

Cutting corners, both literally and figuratively, is where CU excels.

If the football program is the front porch of the university, that space between the Dal Ward and Center for Excellence is the front door. This is the backdrop for where Ralphie starts her iconic run and where the players are shown charging out to greet the fans. Millions of eyeballs see that concrete wall every time CU plays football. That facade gets more TV visibility than most any other place on campus. Skimping on aesthetics on that piece of campus is not a good idea.

Worked up /= having a dialog that critiques the product all of us should be and many of us are financially supporting.

If opinions about the look of Folsom is not a suitable subject in a thread about the construction of this project, then perhaps I misunderstand the purpose of the message board.
The bolded isn't dialogue, but would be a typical use of a message board.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, stop it right there. Please don't cheapen this thread discussing the aesthetics and architecture of the new buildings by bringing up the uniforms. Any discussions of player apparel pales in comparison to a heated conversation of sandstone vs flagstone or what kind of decorations should be hung on the side.

point taken. But hold your horses, big fella.

We can't get to the Sandstone v Flagstone debate until after we work through the topic of whether new or old concrete is or isn't attractive.

Then we discuss banners, tarps, ads, light shows and other relatively cheap alternatives to the butt ugly wall of concrete (which happens to be a similar color, but not material, as the concrete colored aluminum siding that houses the club seats on the east field facing side.

Then we can get to the part in the agenda where we figure out if flagstone is or isn't a type of sandstone. Then I'll be ready to talk quarry locations, textures, brick sizes, patterns, hues, and mortar selection.

Except your point wasn't valid here

I had to actually go back and read what he typed.

To clarify you think that his point that he and others personally think it is odd and wish there was some flagstone there is not valid?

I had to actually go back and read what he typed.

To clarify you think that his point that he and others personally think it is odd and wish there was some flagstone there is not valid?
No that's not what I'm saying, just that the current layout fits with the rest of the area imo and having flagstone would look a bit odd imo.

We like our flagstone.

It should be incorporated and integrated as much as possible.

I'm not sure that the Folsom project did that and I am a little concerned that this is a a new design direction for all of the Folsom updates moving forward.

However, what we are getting is so outstanding that I also find that bitching about this is kind of like winning the lottery and then complaining about the taxes.

We like our flagstone.

I'm not sure that the Folsom project did that and I am a little concerned that this is a a new design direction for all of the Folsom updates moving forward.

However, what we are getting is so outstanding that I also find that bitching about this is kind of like winning the lottery and then complaining about the taxes.
agreed. i'm not mad or anything about the lack of flagstone and its absence it certainly not going to make a difference in the win/loss column.

agreed. i'm not mad or anything about the lack of flagstone and its absence it certainly not going to make a difference in the win/loss column.
Woah! Tap the brakes here - this is right up there with which shirt I wear in determining game outcomes.

tell that to the hat and t shirt i have burned post beat downs

I have a new strategy for my CU gear. I'm going to buy a "victory hat" and "victory t-shirt" for next year. I will only wear them the day after CU victories in football or basketball. After filling them with good juju all of 2015-16, I will then rotate them in as my gameday attire for the 2016-17 seasons.

We like our flagstone.

The facilities upgrade were so long in the making that we as fans should be happy to get anything at all.

We ❤️ our flagstone. It's what makes the CU campus among the prettiest on Earth.

FWIW, the design of the IPF and S and E side of the Champion's Center is amazing. 2 of the 3 exposed sides are A+ work.

Good enough is the enemy of great.

The side with the most TV exposure happens to be side drawing the most [strike]bitching[/strike] constructive criticism. Best to bitch now and get it out of our system while the topic is new.

It's like those McMansions in Highlands Ranch with a beautul brick facade on the front and ugly wood siding on the sides nobody sees. It's a half-ass attempt at trying to look rich while settling for something middle class.

Nobody on TV is going to see the pretty sides when Ralphie runs out. When fans look north, we have a bunch of asymmetrical sight lines with the largest wall of bright grey concrete this side of Duane Physics.

Given that it is 25 years old, it would depend on your definition of underwear.

25 years old? I'm guessing this:

joeysaywoahlarge_boxer_shorts.jpg

Tried on my phone but not a direct logon, I have to download and trust a "Meerkat" app with my logon credentials? Wtf and no thanks.

Back