What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

Looks like they've been setting some of the precast wall panels on the east side, first level. I'll bet there will be some dramatic changes pretty soon with the precast getting installed.

Or elevators
Or both - looks pretty wide without being very deep (edit - there is a joke in there somewhere - probably something like my college roommate we had nicknamed "the coffee can" from field reports of his guests from the night before).

Flagstone going up.

p8k2IwW.png

I'm with you guy's on the natural turf. I hate those rubber pellets. We have the most beautiful stadium and setting in college football. Natural truf just looks better, and I am still convinced it cuts down on leg injuries.

I'm with you guy's on the natural turf. I hate those rubber pellets. We have the most beautiful stadium and setting in college football. Natural truf just looks better, and I am still convinced it cuts down on leg injuries.
Those rubber pellets cause cancer in soccer goalies which are pretty similar to lab rats.

Are we certain they won't add cladding when they finish the rest of the facility?

EDIT - answered my own question. Maybe it won't look as out of place when everything is finished.

Ufne14P.jpg
Man, the rendering is pretty damned accurate other than the cupola which the rendering doesn't show.

progress 04-15.JPG
red: sandstone going up on both sides, also doing some stone work along the columns on the front but I can't really tell what is going on.
Also roof work. Lots of roof work. That roof top deck is going to be fantastic.

progress 04-15(2).JPG

red: second elevator/stair almost done.
Lots of work going on in the parking garage hole, but its blocked by the trees. Stupid trees.

I would also assume that there is lots of work going on inside.

Seems like a weird thing to put in last, but you would know better than I. Maybe they scrapped the idea

My guess is it will be placed once they figure out for sure where the opening in the wall will be on the boxes. Didn't mean to make it seem like a last finishing touch type thing. They will put it in once the openings have been finalized.

What looks right on paper may not be right in the field.

Wish they'd clean-up the camera inside Folsom, fuzzy as heck. We need another RG video touring the inside. The outside is becoming less and less interesting.

Not in yet. Assume it will be near the end. The plans show it as an open walkway vs an enclosed bridge.

Seems like a weird thing to put in last, but you would know better than I. Maybe they scrapped the idea
They are installing precast along that face and I doubt they'd want to fly it in there with the bridge in the way. They have scaffolding in place where the bridge connects so I'm pretty sure doing finishing touches on the wall prior to installing it. There is certainly a doorway there, so, yeah, no doubt they are getting the bridge. And, yeah, the picture quality sucks. Give someone some damned Windex.

Back