What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Countdown Thread - 2023 Edition

I was blocking for OC Oliver when he scored his last touchdown vs KState in 1990.
Before the crowd yelled J-J-Flannigan or E-B-ienemy, they yelled O-C-Oliver when he had big runs or scores.
Just curious... when a TB, RB, or WR gets sprung for a TD or a long gain and sees a block by the OL (or any other player), did that player come over and give you the credit that is due? I am sure they praise OL after the game..... but I am envisioning a scenario like Chris Brown went up to Victor Rogers on his second TD against Nebraska in 2001 and yelled something like: "NICE F'ING BLOCK MAN"

Just curious... when a TB, RB, or WR gets sprung for a TD or a long gain and sees a block by the OL (or any other player), did that player come over and give you the credit that is due? I am sure they praise OL after the game..... but I am envisioning a scenario like Chris Brown went up to Victor Rogers on his second TD against Nebraska in 2001 and yelled something like: "NICE F'ING BLOCK MAN"
1693233892751.jpeg
Yes

I always thought of Michael Irvin as a selfish player.... but listening to his speech to the CU players completely changed my opinion of him. If you did not hear it, it basically said how dependent on the other players he was to have his success.... which as a fan, you don't necessarily see. Good to know.

denver-post-archives.jpg

That is the best image I could find of O.C. Oliver
OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH! SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! OLIVERRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I always thought of Michael Irvin as a selfish player.... but listening to his speech to the CU players completely changed my opinion of him. If you did not hear it, it basically said how dependent on the other players he was to have his success.... which as a fan, you don't necessarily see. Good to know.
He reminds me of Mike Tyson - a hoodlum who eventually grew out of it, or learned how to act.

Back