What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Head Coach Search Thread - Primetime

I was driving home from my daughter’s tonight and listening to some national sports talk guy. He had a guy named Pete Fiutak on, who I’ve never heard of. When the host asked him about Deion to Colorado, he said, “I’m jealous! At Wisconsin we get Luke Fickell. Colorado is going big. They didn’t go for a Fickell or Herman or Freeze or Rhule. They got Deion Sanders!”

He thinks this is great for Colorado and that Colorado fans should really have fun with this. He also said, “Why go to the SEC where you’re going to always go 8-4 or 7-5 when you can win big at Colorado?”

If DS could build CU to national championship level, and why not, what would be a "better " job to move on to? People aren't so hung up on tradition and past glories anymore, they want what's cool and successful now. And that will be CU. Look for lots of cutting edge gear. I'm working on a rap version of "Dear Old CU" now.

If DS could build CU to national championship level, and why not, what would be a "better " job to move on to? People aren't so hung up on tradition and past glories anymore, they want what's cool and successful now. And that will be CU. Look for lots of cutting edge gear. I'm working on a rap version of "Dear Old CU" now.
This is what I’ve been waiting for. Interesting to see how the uni thing goes.

Can someone tell me where this sudden influx of money came from? The number one reason my hopes were so dashed, especially before KD was fired, was that I thought we were broke and that our big donors had abandoned the program. I thought that we would be at a huge disadvantage because of NIL. What the hell happened?

Can someone tell me where this sudden influx of money came from? The number one reason my hopes were so dashed, especially before KD was fired, was that I thought we were broke and that our big donors had abandoned the program. I thought that we would be at a huge disadvantage because of NIL. What the hell happened?
I'd guess they're figuring this is going to make the CU brand much more valuable. Nike was mentioned. They will be putting up a lot more money next time.
In terms of bringing in new players: he can replace those moving on, but if a guy's on scholarship, he can stay all 4, correct?

The money was always there. PD Scrooge was in control until we got a new sheriff in town.

I honestly want to go to the announcement party if open to the public. Wonder how many people are going to the Broomfield airport tonight for Prime Time?

Admin, a curiosity: my last post, the site used my name from 2 years ago, and put it backwards. Not a concern, but strange.

Believe it’s from the Big10 begging us to join them in 2 years.

After Saliman saved Colorado from RG hiring Bronco Mendenhall, he listened to big money boosters who wanted Prime to be the coach. Saliman got these rich folks to make substantial financial pledges to the Athletic Department if he could get Prime. In addition to those new donations, he will also increase and reallocate student fees toward the Athletic Department. He also was able to get these boosters to allocate additional funds toward NIL. Finally, he told PDS to figure out a new plan to get more transfers admitted and developing new degree programs to accommodate athletes.

Donors, Saliman and the university system likely found some change in the couch for the AD. There’s nothing to prove this, but my feeling is that PD has been told to sit in the corner and shut the **** up.

It's so clear that there was a Phil way of doing things that is no longer the modus operandi. Benson was uninvolved beyond not wanting scandal, expenditure of political capital or budget focus on athletics to cause him any headaches. That was the job as Phil saw it and he was comfortable in it, thriving as a bureaucrat with no expectations for achieving anything. There's a new sheriff in town and CU, with this hire, has announced a new culture of being bold and pursuing greatness.

Back