What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Head Coach Search Thread - Primetime

Yes. I know what the Trop is. I don't know what it has to do with the conversation other than it is in Tampa.
“Deion Sanders was seen touring the USF facilities today”

But he couldn’t have been because he was “filmed at practice with his team getting ready for the SWAC CCG”. So I made the joke that he was indeed practicing with his team, but at Tropicana Field (trying to use a more esoteric field than RayJ yet still in Tampa)….which would then explain how he could be both touring the University of South Florida, which is located in Tampa, while ALSO practicing with his team on the same day…at a stadium located in the Tampa area.

ugh. Never mind.

What has been said in the Deion-USF rumor reports:

1. Deion was at USF this morning. FALSE. There is video of him addressing team.

2. USF offered. Details of 5 years / $5M per. Also that it's $5M for assistants. TRUE (probably). Reports are that CU offered more.

3. USF agreed to give Prime complete control of Football Ops. TRUE (probably). This isn't something that should have been a sticking point for CU.

4. Tom Brady's company (TB12) made it happen with a big NIL deal for Shedeur Sanders. MAYBE. This one would scare me, if true.

5. New USF stadium will be built by 2024. FALSE. That timeline is impossible. They'll be playing in the Bucs stadium, not on campus, if that matters - not sure why it really would.

There's enough b.s. with this to make me skeptical. Then there's the USF associate AD going on Twitter to refute the reporter for the TB Lightning who wrote it. That reporter has not backed off, even doubled down. The 247 USF publisher has confirmed the contract offer, hasn't denied, but doesn't seem to know anything. Some moving of the goalposts with the reports, too, from an announcement tonight to now Saturday.

I do love the mental gymnastics of the USF fans when pointed out that he had team practice in Jackson at 06:00

It's about 1.5 hours direct flight time from Tampa to Jackson. 5:30a here is 4:30a there. So if he left Tampa at 5:30a he could technically be at practice by the time they get on the field which would be about 6:30a CST.

Psssst .... nobody is touring team facilities at 05:30 in the morning no matter who they are

And you can be pretty sure that if Deion had agreed to USF, he would've told CU or somebody close to CU and it would leak out to Adam/Howell

Are we sure? I would be scared to leak that news. Might have to move to Nebraska after the leak.

Isn’t there a lot of smoke that this is Brady’s last year in Tampa? Why would he care if Deion’s son is in Tampa if he won’t even be there?
I’m sure this guy getting tons of interactions and people to tune into his radio show has absolutely nothing to do with him saying it’s “90%” done, leaving him room to come up with an excuse when it doesn’t happen.

I think the more important question is Why is University of *SOUTH* Florida in Tampa??
Mark Harmon Gibbs GIF by CBS

I’m sure this guy getting tons of interactions and people to tune into his radio show has absolutely nothing to do with him saying it’s “90%” done, leaving him room to come up with an excuse when it doesn’t happen.
100% agree. This was clickbait to drive people to his show. The 90% deal gives him a decent out: “Deion liked that Colorado was in a P5.” “Deion liked that Colorado had an on campus stadium.” “Colorado has more history, they’re over a century old. USF is still a new program.”

I think the more important question is Why is University of *SOUTH* Florida in Tampa??
Because “central” Florida is an hour north east. Duh.

But the relationship between South, Central, and Eastern Florida (universities) vs Western and North Florida is pretty disturbing.

Last edited:
How do we know Deion video addressing the team was made today? Did he hold up a newspaper?
It’s well known that Deion often uses a body double to do things like attend weddings, contest traffic tickets, accept awards, and tour athletic facilities. He also has a twin brother named Darryl that has been known to fill in for him from time to time.

Back