What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Head Coach Search Thread - Primetime

If we do, in fact, pull Coach Sanders; I’d be interested to see what sort of boost in college applications CU picks up. It’s application season right now.

Boulder’s inequity problems are far beyond the race of the football coach (and maybe past the point of repair), BUT Prime and a diverse staff isn’t going to hurt in attracting a more diverse student body and improve how the community embraces student athletes of color

Mood What GIF by NBC

Boulder’s inequity problems are far beyond the race of the football coach (and maybe past the point of repair), BUT Prime and a diverse staff isn’t going to hurt in attracting a more diverse student body and improve how the community embraces student athletes of color
I absolutely agree on this. The fundamental demographics of this state (compounded by the tax “support” that makes our out of state tuition so egregiously expensive) make it really hard to have the sort of diverse student population you see near Detroit, LA, Houston, etc. Prime can’t change all that in an instant, but I really believe he could help get things moving in the right direction.

I don't see Coach Prime leaving after a year or two for a couple reasons. One's realignment. That likely slows down for the forseeable future because of the ACC's lengthy GoR. I think Coach Prime is going to want to lead this program through a couple years of the Pac 12-2 at a minimum once UCLA/USC go. If you're Prime and you're competing for CFP berths here......why go to some SEC or Big 10 school? The other's his girlfriend. Easier to make that work if you're in Boulder.

I don't see Coach Prime leaving after a year or two for a couple reasons. One's realignment. That likely slows down for the forseeable future because of the ACC's lengthy GoR. I think Coach Prime is going to want to lead this program through a couple years of the Pac 12-2 at a minimum once UCLA/USC go. If you're Prime and you're competing for CFP berths here......why go to some SEC or Big 10 school? The other's his girlfriend. Easier to make that work if you're in Boulder.

Money is the simple answer and it's the correct one in 95% of all cases, but given the fact that money can't be the driving factor for Deion getting into coaching as he's a) ****ing loaded and b) could easily make similar money or even more in less demanding jobs (TV), it's fair to wonder what his motivation and goals are. And we can only speculate.

The intel I have is that Saliman made this deal happen. RG was along for the ride. He wasn’t driving the car.

My intel is different; RG is the one that got this across the finish line with the Regents.
Not near as dialed in as I used to be with connections, but I’ve heard a mix of both. However without Saliman this doesn’t even remotely come close to fruition. Grain of salt and all but here’s what I’ve been told from some bigger donors:

RG was allowed to run the search for the most part. He let Saliman know they were closing in on Mendenhall. The big fish donors caught wind and due to their distrust of RG, went straight to Saliman. Saliman in turn came back to RG and said “we aren’t hiring Bronco as our first option. What do you need to make an elite hire”

RG let him know they needed a bigger budget for not only the head guy but the assistants and the recruiting operations on top of a relaxation of transfer requirements.

I believe this unfolding of events because it lines up with us hearing mostly Mendenhall and nothing about big money or transfer requirements. Then randomly we start hearing about Prime and almost immediately after we heard about the transfer requirements and a massive financial investment.

sorry for mtn. We will all hear bits and pieces as time goes on but I’ve got no reason to doubt this information as it’s certainly not the first bits I’ve heard from them over the years.

Not near as dialed in as I used to be with connections, but I’ve heard a mix of both. However without Saliman this doesn’t even remotely come close to fruition. Grain of salt and all but here’s what I’ve been told from some bigger donors.

RG was allowed to run the search for the most part. He let Saliman know they were closing in on Mendenhall. The big fish donors caught wind and due to their distrust of RG, went straight to Saliman. Saliman in turn came back to RG and said “we aren’t hiring Bronco as our first option. What do you need to make an elite hire”

RG let him know they needed a bigger budget for not only the head guy but the assistants and the recruiting operations on top of a relaxation of transfer requirements.

I believe this unfolding of events because it lines up with us hearing mostly Mendenhall and nothing about big money or transfer requirements. Then randomly we start hearing about Prime and almost immediately after we heard about the transfer requirements and a massive financial investment.

sorry for mtn. We will all hear bits and pieces as time goes on but I’ve got no reason to doubt this information as it’s certainly not the first bits I’ve heard from them over the years.
This jives

Back