What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU-Oregon State Pregame/Game Thread

OSU was scoring like 33 points per game. They scored 27 in regulation, 34 total.

We have an average defense that gets to above average when Landman is healthy.

It's not our weakness. Our weakness was that our offense has been so far below average. It looked average against OSU, so if that holds we can compete these next 2 weeks. Our special teams may be a bit above average.
OSU followed up every score we made with a score of their own. They marched the length of the field at the end of the first half in, literally, seconds to score. When we went up 10-0 they marched down the field for a TD almost unabated. We kept their scoring down because our offense was able to maintain possession and/or put OSU field position fairly deep in their end. Their drives were starting at their 25. They rarely had a short field.

And there QB missed 3 wide open, probable TD passes.

Last edited:
Rezjohn and the fans in the southwest corner seemed to be having some fun. Anyone know what that was about? Rice was kind of owning him 😁

One question, do we any contact practices at all? I don't mean taking teammates to the ground, just the the technique, head placement, stuff like that. It doesn't look like it when I watch it. I learned it as a kid, but I have no idea when some of these guys started playing. I'm happy for them with the win. It just looked like some didn't have a damn clue how to tackle. If you watched it, I'm sure you know of the ones I'm talking about. I'm not going to put names on here.

One question, do we any contact practices at all? I don't mean taking teammates to the ground, just the the technique, head placement, stuff like that. It doesn't look like it when I watch it. I learned it as a kid, but I have no idea when some of these guys started playing. I'm happy for them with the win. It just looked like some didn't have a damn clue how to tackle. If you watched it, I'm sure you know of the ones I'm talking about. I'm not going to put names on here.
I think its not having any interest in tackling Or contact. One position group in particular.

Rezjohn and the fans in the southwest corner seemed to be having some fun. Anyone know what that was about? Rice was kind of owning him 😁
Rezjohn was committed & accepted by the program. Then admissions denied him so he had to find somewhere else. Same thing with their starting safety from that class who went down with an injury earlier this season. A big reason Tucker became disillusioned with CU and felt RG hadn't fulfilled the promises made when he was hired.

I made a comment about this somewhere earlier. It’s bad.

This is another area where poor recruiting shows up. When you have actual depth, Tuesday practices are as physical as a game with backups trying to earn PT that day. When you don't have depth, it's still a physically demanding practice but done in a way to make sure you avoid anyone getting dinged up.

This is another area where poor recruiting shows up. When you have actual depth, Tuesday practices are as physical as a game with backups trying to earn PT that day. When you don't have depth, it's still a physically demanding practice but done in a way to make sure you avoid anyone getting dinged up.
I noticed last night multiple times where our 3 CBs were Gonzo, Nikko Reed and Tyrin Taylor and when Gonzo left for a play Kaylin Moore came in. No idea where Blackmon was last night but it at least appears they have some young guys who can play

Not sure if this mentioned before but the blitz pickup by Fontenot on the TD pass to Arias was a thing of beauty. He absolutely locked up that DB. It ended up being a TD to a wide open WR but if Fontenot can’t handle that guy, it’s a sack or a broken play with Lewis scrambling. Just a fantastic job by Alex on that play.

SIAP but what the hell was with that delay of game penalty? Looked from the stands as though that was 100% on the official not allowing a snap.

SIAP but what the hell was with that delay of game penalty? Looked from the stands as though that was 100% on the official not allowing a snap.
Not sure if it’s the play you are referring to, but on one of those, the Buffs substituted really late. So the ref stepped in. The Beavers were really smart and sent in a sub, which the refs allowed, and in doing so, the play clock expired.

Love getting a W. It’s incredible that Rod was even more incompetent than we all thought. Lewis might actually be the QB we all hoped he was.

That being said, watching Dorrell’s post game “speech” in the locker room is depressing. How can anyone get fired up playing for him. This win can’t overshadow what needs to be done to get the program back on track.

Back