What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU vs Arizona game day thread

I honestly don't know why I watched this til the end.

As soon as we didn't score after UA tied it, I knew it was over.

ha ha... yes, that Clusterf*** style takes over with a helpless wounded duck forward lateral. Just great. CU manages to lose this a lot closer than I expected, 38-31. But maybe 31 points is a good sign of AZ's defense.

Mac and crew were completely out-coached from halfway in the third quarter onward. He is obviously gone. The only question is when.

And kudos to CDOT for having highway 36 down to one lane southbound for the end of the CU game!

Just finished watching the game. I haven't read this thread at all yet. But, IMHO, this loss falls squarely on the shoulders of the offensive play calling in the second half. Six drives in a row with barely a first down isn't acceptable. There is one play that Arizona showed it hadn't figured out how to stop and that was the Sefo off tackle. Both times it was run towards the end zones Sefo walked in. Why the hell not run that till they stop it? Oh and what they would need to do to stop it would have opened the passing game back up again...but nope....just ignore plays that work and don't go back to them. I mean only crappy offensive coaches like RichRod keep using the same play over and over till you stop it.

I really do not understand the clock management issues week to week. And please, can someone teach Sefo to not treat every down and distance (and quarter, lead, or deficit) as the same exact situation? Holy hell.

Getting more certain Mac is not the guy. I think the running plays are going to anger me more tomorrow than the punt did vs Oregon.

tumblr_mztvfutjVj1t4kinyo1_500.gif

So gratifying to watch Sefo hold on to the ball for a full ten seconds before taking an 18 yard sack at an absolutely critical point of the game in the 4th quarter.

I give up.

with at least 1 receiver wide open. Ugh.

Pretty sure Mac isn't the guy and I'd take away Lindgren's play calling duties because he sucks at it. I mean they made no sense at times.

ASU switched to another QB when their starter didn't prove effective enough in the second half.... What a concept.

I know it's not exactly the same situation (the guy who isn't solomon started while he was out), but I mean come on. MM must know his fate rides or dies with Sefo. He is the least decisive and least aware Qb ive ever seen at this level.

I'll make a guarantee: this team won't win a conference game this year. Take it to the bank.

Sefo's 18-yard sack was a big deal because he demonstrates his belief that only he can win with his Every Play. He hasn't learned strategic thinking back there. He panics and thinks "This is the only play left! I gotta win NOW." Down two scores, needs to avoid a sack and his panic delivers this "Gotta win NOW" mentality. This should have been coached out of him years ago.

When you look up "opposite of killer instinct" you will find CU football every time.
I love how we start every series off a turnover with a run. Why attempt a dagger into the end zone when momentum and a defense are off balance? Hhahahahaha

Sefo's 18-yard sack was a big deal because he demonstrates his belief that only he can win with his Every Play. He hasn't learned strategic thinking back there. He panics and thinks "This is the only play left! I gotta win NOW." Down two scores, needs to avoid a sack and his panic delivers this "Gotta win NOW" mentality. This should have been coached out of him years ago.
You clearly have an agenda or are completely stupid

So gratifying to watch Sefo hold on to the ball for a full ten seconds before taking an 18 yard sack at an absolutely critical point of the game in the 4th quarter.

I give up.

That play pretty much sums up his entire career.

Back