What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OFFICIAL CU vs. ASU game thread 10/7/23

Seriously? The door opens for word play about Mata and all we get is more sh*t about trees?! What is with this obsession with trees and how has it been something that has been popular here for at least a decade?!?! Do you people realize that puns don't have to be about motherfvcking trees?!?!?!

I clearly overestimata'd the content we'd be getting.

I'm stumped Nik. You're really out on a limb throwing shade at us like that. Don't bark at the lumbering fool until he leaves. He's just excited because Mata's leg is a treemendous limb.

The watch flex was the final word. It has me cackling. Watching them eat crow as Bucky asked “what happened?” = priceless.

No.

CU is America’s team. The NFL is watching.

The tree puns can stay. I have spoken.
Skiing Alpine GIF by U.S. Ski & Snowboard Team

Mata looks like he could become a matador because he could miss the bull's horns unlike FGs.

So, what we have learned thus far, is if you are a scrub from the losing team you can cheapshot CU players with impunity. Blackburn and Scrubaboo get a pass?

So, what we have learned thus far, is if you are a scrub from the losing team you can cheapshot CU players with impunity. Blackburn and Scrubaboo get a pass?
Two things. Scataboo is not a scrub. We were lucky that he was injured and held out of practice all week before our game and that he was still battling through that during the game and that limited his touches. I would love to have a RB that runs as hard as he does. I am curious about what he was thinking with that cheap shot. Second, I do think he gets a pass. Prime said he talked to Dillingham early on Sunday about this incident and Prime says he’s good. So I think the matter is closed as far as he’s concerned.

Two things. Scataboo is not a scrub. We were lucky that he was injured and held out of practice all week before our game and that he was still battling through that during the game and that limited his touches. I would love to have a RB that runs as hard as he does. I am curious about what he was thinking with that cheap shot. Second, I do think he gets a pass. Prime said he talked to Dillingham early on Sunday about this incident and Prime says he’s good. So I think the matter is closed as far as he’s concerned.
Sounds like we at least agree Blackburn is a scrub.

I am glad Prime is good with Dillyboy. The problem I see is if there is no public acknowledgement of a consequence for Scrubaboo or Blackburn, there seems to be little deterrent to that kind of bush league crap. It already cost CU arguably its best player for 3.5 games, and I would not care to see anything like that repeated.

Sounds like we at least agree Blackburn is a scrub.

I am glad Prime is good with Dillyboy. The problem I see is if there is no public acknowledgement of a consequence for Scrubaboo or Blackburn, there seems to be little deterrent to that kind of bush league crap. It already cost CU arguably its best player for 3.5 games, and I would not care to see anything like that repeated.
There's definitely a double standard. If CU had been on the other end of those things, I believe it would be national news controversy about the Buffs being a dirty team. I guess it comes with the territory that Hunter or Shedeur running some smack is a lightning rod for public outrage but cheap shots against our Buffs are much less relevant stories.

There's definitely a double standard. If CU had been on the other end of those things, I believe it would be national news controversy about the Buffs being a dirty team. I guess it comes with the territory that Hunter or Shedeur running some smack is a lightning rod for public outrage but cheap shots against our Buffs are much less relevant stories.
In this scenario, the word thug would be everywhere to describe Colorado’s players for some reason.

Also, 3.8 ypc is pretty much scrub territory. A hard running scrub to be sure, but a scrub nonetheless. Hankerson, who is roundly considered around here as merely adequate had 5.8 ypc. I'd take him every day of the week over Scrubaboo.

FWIW, my sister-in-law (ASU alum) was at the game with her boyfriend and said the ASU student section was, "absolutely foul" toward our players the whole game. She's no prude, but said she was pretty embarrassed.
I've been to a couple ASU games and they are absolutely the worst fans.

Back