What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU vs. UNC Game Thread

Big Bang kinda praised Lytle as a tackle, but then said he absolutely needs help or just move him back to guard. You tell me how this makes this any sense.
Sorry, my dryness isn’t coming through. The way you wrote your post I think had a typo but it makes it sound funny.

relatively well for a guard making his first start at tackle. Run blocking was good. On some occassions ,pass blocking was okay. But he was beat several times in pas coveage.

I don’t really recall what kind of pre snap motion Chev had going on against UNC. Have to remember to watch for that against aTm

I don’t really recall what kind of pre snap motion Chev had going on against UNC. Have to remember to watch for that against aTm

I was thinking the same thing. At the end of 2020, HKCD was saying that this was going to be a major emphasis for the offense in 2021. I don’t remember seeing much of it

Watching the game in person and focusing on Lewis when he dropped back, he often seemed anxious and uncertain in his reads. And he was reluctant to throw the ball deep. There was one play in the third quarter when Chase Penry run some sort of post rout and appeared to be wide open. Lewis held onto the ball and then found another open receiver for a shorter gain. Penry would have walded into the end zone.

On the flip side, his touchdown pass to Lemonious-Craig was wonderful in how it was led him perfectly.

Watching the game in person and focusing on Lewis when he dropped back, he often seemed anxious and uncertain in his reads. And he was reluctant to throw the ball deep. There was one play in the third quarter when Chase Penry run some sort of post rout and appeared to be wide open. Lewis held onto the ball and then found another open receiver for a shorter gain. Penry would have walded into the end zone.

On the flip side, his touchdown pass to Lemonious-Craig was wonderful in how it was led him perfectly.
This was my observation. He didn't see his receivers.

Ed's gotta be sh!tt!ng his pants with the way the rest of the Big Sky teams played this weekend. 2 wins. Maybe.

I'm not sure. If QB McCaffrey and that big WR from WSU can get on the same page, they will do some damage.

I feel bad for our receivers, especially Stanley, the dude has put in the work and would be filling up the box score at a school with an average OL and competent offensive play calling

Stanley will be fine. Right now, we have to get Lewis comfortable with the speed of the game and work in his progressions. If the primary was even a little bit covered, he’d bail. Unfortunately, the A&M defense is not the best place to get comfortable. The game won’t be slowing down for him this week. And the OL won’t be any better.

yeah cool, I'll sit here and pretend like it's cool that our featured receivers each had one catch against a former RMAC or whatever school

at least we'll be playing from behind against aTm and will need to pass, but then again, Chev is the OC so who knows

I think the following weeks will really say a lot more. Going run heavy to start for 12 straight weeks probably will not work.
It remains to be seen just how good the running game is/will be. Kent State had a lot of success on the ground last week, so I assume it will continue to be a major focus of KD's strategy and Chev's play calling, but yes, they will need to have a serviceable passing game for conference play.

They might want to get him more attempts ASAP.
Against A&M it will be critical. As much as I love me some smash mouth football, it’s going to be tough sledding against that front seven. Maybe that’s your point.

Back