What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU vs USC game day thread

Mac's coming back next year so no real point in even discussing that one.

Neinas and others need to go too. Shake things up, bring in some hungry guys and lets have a serious QB competition between Sefo, Apsay, and Montez.

This is clearly a better team, it's just a team that can't make mistakes and expect to win against a better squad.

Fumble, Blocked FG, penalty resulting in a TD vice FG (difference in the game btw).

I thought the offense did really well. Even when Sefo was still in there, he had time to go to secondary receivers and looked as good as he has all year. When Cade came in, I thought he demonstrated what a strong accurate arm can do. He just needs to learn to throw a ball away and not take those sacks. So disappointing that he was about 2 feet away from being a big time hero at the end. Damn good for your first extended play coming off the bench.

Just, damn.

I honestly cannot remember being more angry ever leaving a game. We ****ing collapsed and handed that over. Seriously, just ****.

Usually I'm depressed going home after games. Tonight I'm angry.

I felt that the most against Oregon this year since they were so one dimensional on both sides of the ball (no passing game and no secondary). But tonight may have been the worst 3rd quarter I've ever seen from a team that was controlling the game before that. That was probably hyperbole, but this one's fresh in my mind and it was such a bad response to the moment. Both this one and Oregon were examples of facing a talented and desperate team making their move coming out of the locker room and not being able to step up to match that intensity.

I thought the offensive play calling was much better. Aspay was 18-23, not bad. However, Powell had no business being in the game and coughing up the rock. He is the 5th best RB that is active on this roster. He is definitely not a 1st down back. Senior night or not, if that is Lindsay carrying the ball, Carr or Lee, USC doesn't get the fumble or the game!

I felt that the most against Oregon this year since they were so one dimensional on both sides of the ball (no passing game and no secondary). But tonight may have been the worst 3rd quarter I've ever seen from a team that was controlling the game before that. That was probably hyperbole, but this one's fresh in my mind and it was such a bad response to the moment. Both this one and Oregon were examples of facing a talented and desperate team making their move coming out of the locker room and not being able to step up to match that intensity.

I completely hear what you're saying about Oregon, but that game didn't have the same impact on me. Maybe it was the delay or the mist or something, but that loss felt inevitable. I, again, was just sad walking home that night.

Tonight was ours and we handed it over.

A low percentage prayer pass was there? Good point...
get over yourself dude, you are just commenting to bitch and moan about the coaching staff. How would you know if that was a good play or not, Aspay had immediate Blitz pressure right through the center of the OLine. Ross should have done more to catch the ball I think. That was his only viable pass and the fact it was OPEN was great, no matter the"percentage". Line screwed the pooch on that one.

I thought the offensive play calling was much better. Aspay was 18-23, not bad. However, Powell had no business being in the game and coughing up the rock. He is the 5th best RB that is active on this roster. He is definitely not a 1st down back. Senior night or not, if that is Lindsay carrying the ball, Carr or Lee, USC doesn't get the fumble or the game!

Are you so sure that was Powell's fault, and not a miscue on the part of a freshman QB that didn't put the ball in the right place for Powell to secure it? I'm not ... but then from the one replay I saw (from behind the exchange) I wasn't even sure Powell wasn't down before the ball came loose. But that's the only replay I saw ... did anyone else see a view from the front?

It was a fumble and looked to me like Powell lost it after the exchange, not during.

Are you so sure that was Powell's fault, and not a miscue on the part of a freshman QB that didn't put the ball in the right place for Powell to secure it? I'm not ... but then from the one replay I saw (from behind the exchange) I wasn't even sure Powell wasn't down before the ball came loose. But that's the only replay I saw ... did anyone else see a view from the front?

Not sure what you're saying here. On the one hand, you said that maybe it was the QB's fault on the exchange. Then, you say that you think he might have had control of the ball all the way to the ground. The latter visual negates the possibility of the former.

Personally, I never got a good view of it and don't know. I always remember coaches saying it was the QB's responsibility to get the handoff to the RB so exchange fumbles were always blamed on the QB. But the glance I got of the play when it happened appeared to me like Powell did receive the ball and fumbled after.

Personally, I never got a good view of it and don't know. I always remember coaches saying it was the QB's responsibility to get the handoff to the RB so exchange fumbles were always blamed on the QB. But the glance I got of the play when it happened appeared to me like Powell did receive the ball and fumbled after.

Ahhh .. there's the rub (the bolded). Neither did I. I was merely pointing out that from the view I had, I couldn't see the exchange in order to determine who may have been at fault, and that therefore it may be unfair to attribute the fault to Powell.

To me, it looked like he didn't fully control the ball - I don't recall Powell fumbling much in the past. New QB and all, these things can happen. Oh well.

Dammit.

Our D looked really good and physical, the O was adequate, but only scoring 24 will win you very few games in the PAC12. ST were better...if only slightly.

Aspay looks like a keeper...very accurate. His youth showed under pressure, and with our **** OL he'll have to do something differently, but that's coachable. His size worries me too...getting hit all the time will take its toll.

A few assistant/coordinator changes in the offseason and continued progress in S&C, with a bunch of juniors and seniors, a favorable schedule and we should be bowling next year...if not, Mac is a goner IMO.

get over yourself dude, you are just commenting to bitch and moan about the coaching staff. How would you know if that was a good play or not, Aspay had immediate Blitz pressure right through the center of the OLine. Ross should have done more to catch the ball I think. That was his only viable pass and the fact it was OPEN was great, no matter the"percentage". Line screwed the pooch on that one.

Correct

To me, it looked like he didn't fully control the ball - I don't recall Powell fumbling much in the past. New QB and all, these things can happen. Oh well.

Dammit.
Powell has fumbled a few times in last two years. He is 4th option and should not have been in. This isn't PeeWee. Play your best.

Impressed with Apsay. Shows there is some talent behind Sefo and it is fair to look at others this offseason. Sefo is not a great leader to me. Sad but true.

Need a RB coach though I like Adams. Should take TE/ST or TE/OL. Should need to also have new QB/OC and ST coordinator.

FG was recipe for disaster. Diego has not been good in PAC 12. Punt or go for it.

Looking forward to 2016 and hope to see two competitive games to end the season.

Apsay should start the rest of the games.

He throws a solid ball every time.

Much more accurate then sefo but much smaller and needs to learn to throw ball away. His passes have serious zip. Sefo ankle sprain will probably keep him out of wazzu game but pure speculation on my part.

Well, just read all 16 pages. Some random thoughts:

That was the first game in a while where I had to fight the crowd getting out of the stadium, haha.

At the game, listing to KOA, I LOVE GB in the booth. He is SO much more insightful than Larry Z. I also like Chad Brown. Those two guys know their football.

If Mac hadn't called time out just before the USC FG, we would have run the block back for a TD. Can't blame Mac for that though.

That offside on the 3rd down sack was maddening!! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!

When will our DB's EVER turn their heads back toward the damned ball?

I never want to see Powell cary the ball again! Not even in warm ups. NEVER!

I haven't seen the replay, but how the hell was SC not called for pass interference on the two passes to Spruce at the beginning of the game? Geez. It looked like they were trying to get piggy back rides on Spruce's back. After true second one, Mac was in a heated exchange, not out of control "heated", with the refs. I'm sick of being ****ed over by the officials.

I've lost my confidence in Diego. He looked pretty good until the last couple of games. That is why I'd have either punted or, possibly, gone for it. But not try a 51 yard FG on a cold night.

Apsay throws a nice ball. But, damn, he needs to be more aware and pick up the blitzes. Word on the radio was Sefo is done for the year. Has anyone heard anything else?

Why wasn't the attempt to slam dunk Apsay into the turf not a penalty?

We've played better than or equal to two top 25 teams in the last 3 weeks. We probably deserved a better outcome in at least one of those.

I at least have hope we can win one of these last two, though we'll be decided underdogs.

Mac stiffed KOA for the post game interview. Can't blame him. I'm sure he was busy encouraging the kids. They played their asses off and hearts out.

My biggest conplaint is still the OL. If they would have blocked better we would have won.

I don't know what the fix is but the coaches need to come up with something. Maybe a TE on the line and just go with extra blockers?

Ahhh .. there's the rub (the bolded). Neither did I. I was merely pointing out that from the view I had, I couldn't see the exchange in order to determine who may have been at fault, and that therefore it may be unfair to attribute the fault to Powell.

My thought was why is Powell even getting the ball when you have the other three. Even without the fumble his chances of making a play is not as great as the other backs.

I love this team. I miss Boulder. Props to Apsay. Thinking about the Powell fumble hurts. Glad Mac is getiting one more year. We really are close, and not at all in the phony Hawkins way.

Best Buff football I've seen in years (first half), just wish I hadn't lapsed into an old man coma on the couch for all of the 3rd and most of the 4th quarter, did I miss the ugly stuff? Apsay will be a gamer when he puts on a few pounds, saw him take a few hits he is tough.

Apsay was admirable and this is no reflection on him, but as much as we've ragged on Sefo, losing him hurt our chances. Apsay had a very tough time picking up and reacting to blitzes. But when he had time, he was very good. He had a couple of "WTF" passes, but went through his progressions and threw it well otherwise.

My thought was why is Powell even getting the ball when you have the other three. Even without the fumble his chances of making a play is not as great as the other backs.
I saw several replays, and it was a combination of a bad exchange and Nembot getting beaten like a rented mule. Blame can probably be pinned equally on Apsay, Powell and Nembot.

Back