What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official D coordinator search thread (DJ Eliot hired?)

LB coach seems like a stretch at this point too. A loooooong stretch.
I would agree on that too, just making a note about the idea of him as DC. I think Chad could do well as an LBs coach but there's so much more involved than just coaching that Chad has never done.

Chad doesn't have the experience to be a LB coach at this level. He had a great playing career. Never hire a position coach who hasn't coached at some level. He may hate it or he may just not be good at it. Time to act like a top 10 program and hire someone with an actual track record of successful COACHING.

The real narrative: After that whooping at the championship game, it's no wonder Coach Mac let JL go!

Shoulda done so sooner. Next man up!

{don't know how to do the sarcasm font}

Throwing darts, but I like these:

1.Golden-I don't know if he'd leave the NFL, but a good coach
2. Deruyter-perfect background in California, good timing
3. Dan McCarney
4 Bobby Wallace- UNA; I don't know if he'd leave a head coaching gig transitioning with UNA, but he's a good football mind...bit older
5. Gary Gibbs-he's been in the pros a while, but he was a damn good coordinator back in the day
6. Hankwitz-I'm sure many will roll their eyes, but he's pretty good at it.
7. Tommy Tuberville
8. Paul Rhoads
9. Mike Singletary
10. Bob Gregory-Washington

Last edited:
i hope we plays mother-****ing lights-out on defense against okie state. i think we will. that will probably lead to tumpkin getting the job and then i hope we bring in a badass ****ing recruiter on the staff.

How soon should cu act? I know they need to get the right candidate but how long can they wait without possibly losing recruits?

Agree on DeRuyter.

Two more-Peter Sirmon at Mississippi State. Makes 635k. Was in the conference at USC and Washington before so he knows the league. Runs a 3-4. Also held the Recruiting Coordinator title at USC, so he's a solid recruiter.

Next one is a little more pie in the sky, but I'd reach out to Pete Kwiatkowski from UW too. Makes 600k. Runs a defense that's looks very similar to us to me. More than anything, he's a major splash of a hire if he'd leave them.

How soon should cu act? I know they need to get the right candidate but how long can they wait without possibly losing recruits?
At least it's a dead period (which may not be invulnerable but still), it better not go past the dead period.

Chad doesn't have the experience to be a LB coach at this level. He had a great playing career. Never hire a position coach who hasn't coached at some level. He may hate it or he may just not be good at it. Time to act like a top 10 program and hire someone with an actual track record of successful COACHING.
He has interned at three different training camps the last three years.

Agree on DeRuyter.

Two more-Peter Sirmon at Mississippi State. Makes 635k. Was in the conference at USC and Washington before so he knows the league. Runs a 3-4. Also held the Recruiting Coordinator title at USC, so he's a solid recruiter.

Next one is a little more pie in the sky, but I'd reach out to Pete Kwiatkowski from UW too. Makes 600k. Runs a defense that's looks very similar to us to me. More than anything, he's a major splash of a hire if he'd leave them.

Sirmon has a P5 talent son that is a JR in high school now. Since CU likes coaches sons on the roster it could be a bonus.

Back