What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*OFFICIAL* Deion Sanders aka Coach Prime is the new CU Football Head Coach thread

It was always meant to be....

When we clinched our first opportunity (yes, we had two more games, but those were against Okie St and KState) to play for the National Championship.... we made an article in Sports Illustrated:

Any guesses what the cover was?

702288---toc-cover-image.webp

Growing up in West Virginia, I didn't know Colorado football until I started reading about Sal Aunese. I instantly became a CU fan. I have been with this team since I was 12, and I'm now 45. My son is now 19 years old. He, by following along with me, became a CU fan as well. It's been rough for us. He attends VMI now and still is all in on the Buffs. I actually gave him an out when he was 11 or 12, told him he could change his team once, because he didn't deserve to have to follow the path I was on. He refused, and stayed on the wagon. We have had quite a journey. We truly though we turned it around in '16. Slowly but surely, that faded. Hyped for Tucker, who ultimately screwed us. This time, I am ready. If we are used as a stepping stone, I am okay with it. It's a business. If he transforms the roster, and the support, I'm all in. Give me all you've got for whatever time you are here Coach. I'm pumped.

This moment..... the hiring of Coach Prime, has given me hope. It has been a very long time since I've felt like we truly have a chance at being back.
Sheldon—also in the Boffo Buffs article…
3F633361-9E0E-49E7-81B7-3E53E89D9E36.jpeg
A 35 year old suiting up…

Allbuffs judges, does that count as a Miami for Sheldon?

Seems legitimately excited and in awe which was surprising.

Anyone hear what was said when looking at uniform combos? Deion commented “oh we‘ll be adding that.”

Is imagine Prime isn't easy to impress.
He went to school at a time before the facility arms race began, both CFB and NFL. He hasn’t really been around major college football facilities as a coach, and the contrast between JSU and CU has to be crazy.

I liked when they walked into the IPF and were in awe

Someone on SM just corrected me for referring to our new HC as "Coach Sanders" saying he doesn't like to be called that. Is that true? Anyone got a link to Sanders saying he doesn't want to be called that?

Someone on SM just corrected me for referring to our new HC as "Coach Sanders" saying he doesn't like to be called that. Is that true? Anyone got a link to Sanders saying he doesn't want to be called that?

AFAIK the only thing he has specifically says is to not refer to him as Deion. I have never read anything about him reacting poorly to Coach Sanders.

Having said that, it seems apparent that he prefers Coach Prime.

Just one comment on Mel Tucker. Yes, I was pissed at that time, but when I got over that, I recognized it as a massive warning flag to the institutional barriers to success manifesting themselves in a massive way. That proved to be more true in the NIL and looser transfer portal era.

I don't even think I was pissed he left... I think what killed me was the horrendous timing of it all. It literally set us back 2 years. Everyone in all schools was already in place, no one was coming. It really left a bad taste with me, and at this point, Tucker can go 0-career and it will still not make me happy.

Seems legitimately excited and in awe which was surprising.

Anyone hear what was said when looking at uniform combos? Deion commented “oh we‘ll be adding that.”
I was wondering that myself. Listened back a couple of times but couldn’t make it out. My guess would be adding the chrome look based on JSU’s uniforms.

Back