What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread: COLORADO @ Nebraska --- 9/8 @ 1:30

yeah, i actually think our coaches called a really ****ing good game after it became clear how physical the fuskers were upfront. they scripted what we needed to do to steal that win: shorten the game, stay close, and take shots when you can. especially after the half, the adjustments were really good. i thought we were dead at the half-- watching us get mauled upfront on both sides of the ball. watching our guys miss tackles. watching montez get clobbered over and over. the Buffs did what they needed to do, in one of the most hostile environments in football, against a team that has been a nightmare for us.

that was a big ****ing win for mm, for the team, for program, and for us.
Offense - no.

Yes it can. CB should never be your primary edge defender. There should have been a LB or DL with outside contain responsibilities
He wasn’t they primary edge defender though, with a mobile quarterback you have to use an extra player to keep contain and it was a beautiful play call that should have resulted in a sack. If we can’t trust our big physical corners to make tackles on a dual threat qb then who can we trust?

He wasn’t they primary edge defender though, with a mobile quarterback you have to use an extra player to keep contain and it was a beautiful play call that should have resulted in a sack. If we can’t trust our big physical corners to make tackles on a dual threat qb then who can we trust?

Even if he can’t make s solo tackle he needs to contain enough to slow the runner. That was just a complete whif.

Even if he can’t make s solo tackle he needs to contain enough to slow the runner. That was just a complete whif.
Exactly. He can play it safe and hold him to a manageable pick up instead of going for the sack but that was a terrible play by him.

Typical nub no credit to CU, all about their mistakes.... hey dumb ass, we caused those mistakes.
What a douche

Landman should be P12 D player of the week again. Those 2 4 down stops and the INT were beyond huge.

At the end, MM ran and embraced a kind on shaggy haired guy with glasses, looked ready to cry. anyone know who that was?

Frost presser. LOL.

While they certainly won the LOS on both sides of the ball, they didn’t win the passing game, the turnover battle, the penalty battle, the 4th down battle, the Special Teams battle was pretty much even and they couldn’t contain the best player for either team on the field. As soon as all those other aspects aren’t part of the game, this presser will have validity. Until then, cry me a ****in river, Frost.

What’d he say?
Edit: nm didn’t see it was posted. I’ll watch it
I just thought he made a bunch of excuses and he didn’t give Colorado any credit other than one sentence. Maybe I am too used to Mac’s press conferences but it came off as having no class. Obviously he is mad and it’s right after the game but that’s why he gets paid 5 million a year, to deal with tough situations like that.

Still not buying it. That is a terrible matchup for 95% of corners.

Still not buying it. That is a terrible matchup for 95% of corners.
It’s not the best matchup but when you play a dual threat those are going to happen and I definitely expect a 6-3 cornerback to be able to atleast tackle a quarterback in the open field. I agree it isn’t the best matchup but a good play and bad execution nonetheless.

It’s not the best matchup but when you play a dual threat those are going to happen and I definitely expect a 6-3 cornerback to be able to atleast tackle a quarterback in the open field. I agree it isn’t the best matchup but a good play and bad execution nonetheless.

It also did not help that it was a bad attempt diving at the feet, it was not hard to avoid.

We can disagree about the scheme aspect, but I would never consider Abrams a big, physical corner. He’s tall, that’s for sure, but a pretty mediocre to bad tackler and not all that physical. Chido or Oliver are both players I wouldn’t mind being put in that situation, but nobody we have seen so far on this roster is good enough for that, IMO

We can disagree about the scheme aspect, but I would never consider Abrams a big, physical corner. He’s tall, that’s for sure, but a pretty mediocre to bad tackler and not all that physical. Chido or Oliver are both players I wouldn’t mind being put in that situation, but nobody we have seen so far on this roster is good enough for that, IMO
I actually think Abrams had been a lot more physical than I expected.. He doesn’t hit like a skinny dude and consistently plays bigger than he is. He definitely needs to work on his tackling form though as he doesn’t wrap up very well.

One of my favorite parts about postgame threads is complaining about officiating, even in wins. Every damn game.
Yep. Frost was alluding to his opinion that the unnecessary roughness call on 3rd and 24 (HA! HA!) was a bad call. It wasn't. Jay had pulled up and the defender leveled him with helmet to helmet contact. I'm okay with saying it wasn't intentional targeting, but it was absolutely a penalty.

Landman should be P12 D player of the week again. Those 2 4 down stops and the INT were beyond huge.

At the end, MM ran and embraced a kind on shaggy haired guy with glasses, looked ready to cry. anyone know who that was?
Someone said it’s ‘Pasta Jay’.

CU got dominated in the first half. If it weren't for the turnovers, we are hardly in the game half way through. But check out the second half stats.

CUNU
Score167
Turnovers01
Yards Gained265226
Missed FG21
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
We unquestionably won the second half. On the road. In front of 90,000 people and a FBS opponent.

Great adjustments by the staff and our emerging stars did their thing.

Scoreboard bitches!

Back