What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread - Colorado vs TCU: Sko Buffs!!!

I keep watching the play. Travis was covering a WR. If you look at the center of the defense, NO ONE picked up the RB. Somehow, Travis Hunter saw this and went after the RB. This is as elite-a-play as you can have in the NCAA. This is special.

Kelly needs to figure out WHY no one was covering RB. There were 4 WR and they all were covered.

I know Shedeur threw for over 500 yards.... but Hunter won us the game. I am splitting hairs here.

Send 2 Buffs to NY in December (maybe 3- Edwards).

Crazy that CU had 4 players over 100 yards receiving, and Javon Antonio didn’t record a reception. Really thought he was going to be a focal point
We killed TCU in the flat; screens and outs. Nebraska will probably try to emphasize setting the edge. Get McCaskill back next week, pound it up the gut, and maybe see Antonio eat it up in the middle.

There's a graphic (buried by now in a couple thousand posts) that shows how far off Hunter was as the ball was being released. Travis made up 5 yards while the ball was in the air! As I noted months ago after seeing a spring Well Off Video the dude is bouncy as ****.

Worst game I’ve ever heard Gus Johnson call. He repeatedly called the wrong player after plays, called the wrong yard line, called a touchback on our punt to the 1, called the incomplete missed TCU FG, criticized our RB for going out of bounds at the end of the game and was oblivious to the fact that he gained a first down and, therefore, ended the game…

Not only that, but both he and Klatt couldn't be bothered to know which players were new and which played last season. It was annoying to hear "everyone's a transfer," even after Woods grabbed a key interception.

This probably has already been posted, but I don't care. This block was one of my favorite plays of the game:

Two other blocks that were pivotal: Dylan Edwards picking up the blitz on (I think?) the 20 yard 3rd down conversion from Shedeur to Travis. And then Xavier Weaver with the downfield sustained block on the DB to help spring Dylan for the screen pass TD. Great stuff!

There's a graphic (buried by now in a couple thousand posts) that shows how far off Hunter was as the ball was being released. Travis made up 5 yards while the ball was in the air! As I noted months ago after seeing a spring Well Off Video the dude is bouncy as ****.
He could probably have a career at Cirque de Soleil after a long NFL career.

I keep watching the play. Travis was covering a WR. If you look at the center of the defense, NO ONE picked up the RB. Somehow, Travis Hunter saw this and went after the RB. This is as elite-a-play as you can have in the NCAA. This is special.

Kelly needs to figure out WHY no one was covering RB. There were 4 WR and they all were covered.

I know Shedeur threw for over 500 yards.... but Hunter won us the game. I am splitting hairs here.

Send 2 Buffs to NY in December (maybe 3- Edwards).
In the DNVR post game show, they said that Travis recognized that play from film work and practice and instantly dropped his guy to go back to the RB. Just a crazy, smart, outrageously athletic play. Can’t wait to see more of them!

Rick George has had many legacy accomplishments at CU, including completing the funding and construction of the Folsom improvements, and hiring Deion, while managing all the other sports. On a personal level, the guy has an uncanny ability to recognize and remember people (including me) that he randomly met months or years ago. He is going to retire in 3 years, but will leave the program better than he found it.
Oh for sure. This doesn't happen without him.

Prime is pissed off he's still being doubted. I'm expecting an absolute show against the Nubs. It's his first home game. He knows what wins over Nebraska mean to this fanbase.

That's what so damn funny about stirring them up (that's fun 365 days a year) during our game yesterday. They're gonna get embarrassed next week.

Last edited:
Not only that, but both he and Klatt couldn't be bothered to know which players were new and which played last season. It was annoying to hear "everyone's a transfer," even after Woods grabbed a key interception.
Why does that bother you? Who gives a **** which players were holdovers when there are only like 4-5 of them that are playing?

Why does that bother you? Who gives a **** which players were holdovers when there are only like 4-5 of them that are playing?

Good question. 1) it’s simply inaccurate and that makes me doubt information they provide about things on which I’m uninformed, 2) it’s their f*cking job to learn about the teams whose game they will call, and 3) it furthers a false narrative that Prime just cut holdovers without giving them a fair chance to compete.

Good question. 1) it’s simply inaccurate and that makes me doubt information they provide about things on which I’m uninformed, 2) it’s their f*cking job to learn about the teams whose game they will call, and 3) it furthers a false narrative that Prime just cut holdovers without giving them a fair chance to compete.
1. Had they specifically said Trevor Woods (or Marvin Ham, Tank, Wells, etc) was a transfer, I could see your point, but since that didn’t happen, I’m not sure what was said that inaccurate
2. Klatt knows what’s going on in the program more than just about anyone.
3. This point seems to be you drawing your own conclusions. At no point did they suggest that was the case. Regardless, though, does it really change the narrative if they mention 4-5 guys were holdovers?

My surreal observation is how well coached we looked. Other than the special teams, it is obvious that these guys know what they are doing
There were some questions on CP’s game time decision making, and someone specifically gave an example of if he would know when to call a timeout when he needed. HOLY CRAP, that time out he called when we were on D and totally overloaded to one side was the perfect example. Beautiful.

1. Had they specifically said Trevor Woods (or Marvin Ham, Tank, Wells, etc) was a transfer, I could see your point, but since that didn’t happen, I’m not sure what was said that inaccurate
2. Klatt knows what’s going on in the program more than just about anyone.
3. This point seems to be you drawing your own conclusions. At no point did they suggest that was the case. Regardless, though, does it really change the narrative if they mention 4-5 guys were holdovers?
They said Hankerson was a transfer.

Fact is, we went into the opponent’s home, as a 20.5 point underdog, with a team not really fully assembled until a few short months ago and with a coaching staff of which several hadn’t coached a team together, and beat the No. 17 team in the nation who played in the National Championship game 8 moths ago.
The heat. You forgot about the heat.

Good morning from Texas. in addition to bragodoccio ass hat drugstore cowboys, the state appears to be also filled with 24 hour diners serving deep fried death on a plate.

mimosa going down smooth and i bask in contentment, surrounded by shocked and dismayed enemy fans. life is quite good.

also, it was very very kind of their oc to stop running the ball at the end of the game. we will probably not be granted that kind of gift going forward but hopefully we aren't always locked into a grass basketball score fest.

today is good.

Would have been a shame if this game had been stuck on Apple+.
I'm so glad CU is Big12 bound. Buffs going to be on several national broadcasts the next several years.
Any way to stay off the P12N the entire tree so I don’t have to get Sling or some ****?

Any way to stay off the P12N the entire tree so I don’t have to get Sling or some ****?
Speaking of the P12N, was watching P12 After Dark re-cast this morning and those idots don't believe.
The "analysts" were doing their Top 6 and some doofus from Wazzu named Bumpus didn't have CU in his Top 6 saying "I still need to see more." WTFO? GTFO! Jackass who maybe had a cup of coffee in the NFL coming with that take? C'mon.
Shane Vereen at least had the Buffs at 6, but then I'm like "Wait, you 'believe' yet the Buffs were THE ONLY TEAM in the P12 to beat a ranked team?!?" Go back to the Bay.
Bottom Line: I'm so glad we're leaving that joke of a conference and their shiit ass network w/third and fourth rate "analysts."

How about the way we went straight down the ****ing field after giving up the lead for the first time yesterday?

Every Buffs team since Barnett would have folded in that situation, but we thrived yesterday.

And it could be that TCU gives up a bunch of points this year, and things aren't as easy for Shedeur the rest of the year (except against CSU ‐ god they looked awful).

But what I am absolutely loving even more today than yesterday was how we COMPETED. God damn I have missed that fire and fight in a CU team.

They just ran a replay of the game on FS1 and I caught most of the 4th quarter. Who was the guy who hugged Prime and appeared to by crying after TCU called timeout on 2nd down on our last drive?

I'm sure this has also been mentioned too but what a tackle by Slusher on the 4th down play. And after he has missed on a tackle on 3rd and long earlier in the drive.

They just ran a replay of the game on FS1 and I caught most of the 4th quarter. Who was the guy who hugged Prime and appeared to by crying after TCU called timeout on 2nd down on our last drive?

I'm sure this has also been mentioned too but what a tackle by Slusher on the 4th down play. And after he has missed on a tackle on 3rd and long earlier in the drive.
Coach Nick Williams, I believe.

Back