What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread: CU Buffs host Washington State

Some of that is the teams are not usually as good at the Top 4 or so. Also, the Pac's OOC strength of schedule is frankly embarrassing. Some schools like Colorado and Arizona have scheduled great opponents, but most of the conference really doesn't

Looking at teams' schedules individually, Oregon State and Utah seem to be the most egregious. Pretty much everyone else at least have a couple big OOC games

The Pac-12 Log Jam is a yearly thing. For some reason the Big-10 gets praised for it, and the Pac-12 gets chastised. We have a lot of good teams in the conference.

A lot of good teams, but fact of the matter is perception will always take a hit amongst the *average fan* if you've got one top 25 team no matter how many are top 50. Media is raving about the ACC still when the reality is it has 8 teams that are dog**** and frankly their bubble teams like Clemson would be no higher than 7th in the Pac, IMO. Based on RPI Clemson would be 7 (just ahead of Washington and well below the Cal, ASU, Oregon, Stanford cluster.

A lot of good teams, but fact of the matter is perception will always take a hit amongst the *average fan* if you've got one top 25 team no matter how many are top 50. Media is raving about the ACC still when the reality is it has 8 teams that are dog**** and frankly their bubble teams like Clemson would be no higher than 7th in the Pac, IMO. Based on RPI Clemson would be 7 (just ahead of Washington and well below the Cal, ASU, Oregon, Stanford cluster.

P12 was clearly bad just a few years ago. Will always be an uphill climb for the west. Just inherent, but even harder when it has to recover from where it was

Looking at teams' schedules individually, Oregon State and Utah seem to be the most egregious. Pretty much everyone else at least have a couple big OOC games

Oregon State and Utah (as do USC, Washington, ASU, Washington State) certainly bring down the conference based on how they schedule in the OOC. But still, the OOC SOS is 12th Nationally, and when you have one ranked team, there's going to be a lot of critics

P12 was clearly bad just a few years ago. Will always be an uphill climb for the west. Just inherent, but even harder when it has to recover from where it was

And it was a logjam back then too, but from spots 1st to 6th. So if you're an average fan out of the region it can take the form of looking like Arizona has stepped up but everyone else remains mediocre unless you really delve into the numbers and see how many top 50 teams we have. As roland mentions, much of the Pac refuses to step up and play solid OOC schedules. It's one thing for teams like Wazzu and Utah to schedule down (although Utah went overboard), but there is no excuse for teams like ASU that went into this season expecting to dance. Meanwhile programs like FSU and Minnesota schedule masterfully OOC and thus get the benefit of the doubt. Our perception as a league is going to rise from what we do OOC, not from cannibalizing each other.

Welcome back to #TadBall. Build a big lead early in the 2nd half, then hold on for dear life.

Why does Tad refuse to use his timeouts! Had 4 At the end of the first half. Could have taken one set up a good play up the lead. Instead he lets them play it out someone takes an absurd shot with 10 seconds left and WSU gets a shot up and almost hits it to tie.

Then as as the game is winding down he just allows the free fall and hopes for the best and finishes the game with a few timeouts. Take one! Calm things down and Coach! Use them.

Good game, much better defensive performance except we are still allowing one guy to shoot lights out on us. How can Boyle fix that? I don't know. Its seems like a recurring theme to each game no matter the opponent.

With his no layups philosophy, Boyle would rather get beat by a team hitting shots deep than shots at the rim.

Also, props to Gordon, Ski and XJ. All three guys are the main reason we won. Gorodn for his defense, blocks, and rebounding. Ski for his all around game. He has really improved and become much more patient since Dinwiddie went down. XJ played engaged throughout. If we can get those type of performances from each of those guys and Josh returns to form, I like our chances to get to 20-21 wins by the end of the regular season.

Good game, much better defensive performance except we are still allowing one guy to shoot lights out on us. How can Boyle fix that? I don't know. Its seems like a recurring theme to each game no matter the opponent.

Early in the 1st half when Lacy had 10 points I said we need to guard him better. I believe he had 13 by half and then picked up another 21 in the 2nd half. We don't seem to make adjustments to hot shooters during games. XT was giving up at least 2 inches to him and Lacy was getting off good shots over him or clean looks off of screens. I would have preferred to have Hopkins on him with the extra height to at least get a hand in his face when he shot. Maybe they should also switch on screens more with the hot shooter. Seems like hot shooters on the opposing teams have too many career nights on us.

A win is a win, honestly, I wasn't really concerned about Wazzu coming back even though they made it much closer than I would've thought. I really was confident we were winning that game. Now let's beat U-Dub.

What did he do? Booker looked intense after that dunk and was staring at their bench or into the stands.
Isn't he the guy that hit the game-tying shot to send it to OT in Spokane? And I was second row in the student section by the WSU bench he stared at the bench for a split second but was mostly to the crowd.

Isn't he the guy that hit the game-tying shot to send it to OT in Spokane? And I was second row in the student section by the WSU bench he stared at the bench for a split second but was mostly to the crowd.
I sit behind the visiting team bench and wasn't sure who he was staring at. I am guessing one of the players who was occupying the bench must have said something to him and he was making a point. Not a good guy to get angry at home. He was starting to look like he was going to turn into the Hulk for a while there.

I sit behind the visiting team bench and wasn't sure who he was staring at. I am guessing one of the players who was occupying the bench must have said something to him and he was making a point. Not a good guy to get angry at home. He was starting to look like he was going to turn into the Hulk for a while there.

XJ is the hulk, you don't want to see him angry

Back