What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*****official game thread***** cu @ ku

NBA experience or not, top 150 recruits don't want to come play in an offense where Richard Roby takes 12 shots a game as a senior. we went down that road once with Tom Friggin Miller. Tom was a decent guy who tried hard, knew X and O, but was running an O that barely acknowledged the shot clock or the newfangled 3 point line when Norm Stewart, Larry Brown, Johnny Orr, and Billy Tubbs are averaging 90 points a game.

Totally agree. At the time we lost Bzdelik, I thought it was a big loss. Not so much any more. We look overmatched at most positions on the floor.

I also tend to agree with your assessment that the academic progress can mostly be attributed to a change in the AD culture as a whole, not to Bzdelik.

Enough of my soap-box. Today's game pissed me off. Did we NOT know KU will rain 3's on us if we aren't quick on switches and sag too much inside? Brady Morningstar should be Bill Self's ball cleaner - he's nothing special, except when we give him 10 minutes to set up for a shot.

I think their game plan was relativly solid for this game. Double/Triple team down low and make them make their 3 pt shots. We would have to rely on the luck of them not being able to make their 3's, and hopefuly shut down the morris brothers down low, and possibly score efficiently.

But what happened was they made their 3's, and beat us pretty bad.

If we would have focused on the guys outside, we would have left their big men open down low (or in one-on-one situations). They would have just clobered us from there. Even though they couldnt miss from beyond 3pt line, it is much more likely they could have a bad game from out there, then making layups/dunks all day long.

End of the day, Kansas has 5 players on the floor that are legit scoring threats, and when you have to double down on one of them, you are going to leave someone wide open. We chose to see if they can make their shots, and they could.

At least the Buffs didn't get blown up as bad as okie lite did. Not a lot of happiness right now in cowpoke land.

I have to say after Kansas lost to KSU, they look pretty pissed off, and I dont see too many teams being able to beat them the way they are playing now. Granted that level of focus will probably disapear come NCAA time, and they will lose in the second round again.

I heard last night that there was a team meeting called after the KSU abortion. The Morris brothers got vocal for the first time and said they are going to start dominating.

Bad luck for us with the timing.

Back