What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread: CU vs Notre Dame - Monday, 5pm, ESPN2

Think we'll ever see Peters over Fortune in the starting lineup?
I was thinking the exact same thing. Peters may bring more energy to start the game. I'd like to see it.

On another note I really like our freshmen. They are not scared, that is for sure.

Once this team gels a bit more we will be fine. The talent is there. Amazing to me that White is so good. We are a legit team, 10 deep, so maximum effort should be spent on the defensive end. Once they figure that out it's Sweet 16.

I went to the game yesterday. The game was lost by the Buffs lack of defensive intensity in the first half. Even in the second half, the ND point guard was dribbling for layups past whoever was guarding him. Pretty sure Tad put Peters in just to see if he could keep up with the guy.

Anyway, unlike the NIT a few seasons ago, there was a full bar at Barclays, so that was good.

Best heckle from a CU fan to a ND player: "go back to church!"

Did a CU player air ball a free throw in the 2nd half?

That's what I thought I saw while watching on my phone.

Yikes. What an ugly moment in an ugly game.

Xavier Johnson put together a decent second half individual effort to close the gap. Team chemistry isn't there yet.

I guess that dose of reality served as a learning opportunity.

The final score was much closer than the impression that CU left with the casual observer. Hope members of the selection committee weren't tuned in. Some aspects of that game are hard to unsee.

yeah D White had an airball. they also called a lane violation on the same play i believe
To me it looked like White saw the lane violation called and then purposefully shot the ball with extra arc out of frustration knowing it wouldn't count. It didn't look like he airballed it with sincere intent of making it.

To me it looked like White saw the lane violation called and then purposefully shot the ball with extra arc out of frustration knowing it wouldn't count. It didn't look like he airballed it with sincere intent of making it.

Yeah. It was not a normal free throw. I thought someone even swatted at it.

I was sitting 5th or 6th row and this is definitely what happened. King stepped on the 3 pt line and the ref called the violation. White, pissed off, just flipped the ball up. He wasn't trying to really shoot.

King had a few space cadet moments in this game. Definitely lacked focus. Fortune and Wes were also pretty much non-factors. Thought White and XJ played pretty good games, but I think White needs to just takeover like Dinwiddie used to do down the stretch. He definitely has the capabilities. Yaz looked way out of control most of the game and needs to chill a bit and make better decisions. Loved how Peters played down the stretch. He's a baller and I'd have no problem with him starting over Fortune.

We lost this game because defense was piss poor in the first half and we missed SO MANY point blank shots and put backs. Need to finish at the hoop!

Did a CU player air ball a free throw in the 2nd half?

That's what I thought I saw while watching on my phone.

Yeah, that was ****ing weird. I was deep into my 3rd or 4th beer, so I wasn't sure what happened. I thought maybe he was trying to hit off the front rim for the RB, but it was the front half of a one and one.

Few things, maybe more:

I was commenting the whole 2nd half that ND didn't seem to miss from the FT line. They were 27-29. Then looked at the box score and saw the Buffs were 18-19. XJ had the only miss. Hopefully that is a trend we can look forward to. I don't think ND had any misses from the line the last 10 minutes of the game.

While King had 17 points, he also had only 1 assist against 4 turnovers. Needs to improve that. The pleasant surprise is his 13 rebounds. He was definitely tough on the boards last night. The bad part is he had almost twice as many rebounds as Wes(4) and Miller(3) put together.

White with 20 points and 9 assists. Damn. This was against the first high level competition he's seen.

King and White combined for 37 points, but they also had 9 turnovers between them. The Buffs had 10 for the game, and I believe only 3 in the 2nd half.

Very excited about the freshman. They can ball.

I missed the first half, so I only have one observation to share. This team didn't back down and they continued to scrap and claw through the end.

This tourney experience will be very valuable as the season progresses, and I have a feeling Sir Tad will get things fixed before the conference slate.

Derrick White is the only player in the Tad Boyle era to put up a 20 pts/ 9 assist game. 2nd most assists in 1 game for Tad's Buffs. Considering how poorly we shot the ball, this is extremely encouraging.

The only game that's similar is Ski putting up a 16/12 game in that post-Dinwiddie February where Ski decided he'd make plays for others for 1 month only.

Dinwiddie's career high in assists was 7 which he reached 4 times. Full list here

Last edited:
Very telling that Peters was left in the game in crunch time. As everyone has said, gonna make some freshman mistakes, but both he and Brown have high motors. Brown made a couple nice cut-offs on defense, and Peters played hard on those switches. Saw him extremely mismatched underneath after a switch, and just bodied the dude up. Certainly no fear.

Mark Johnson asked Tad if this game would provide a teaching opportunity. Tad seemed pissed (not at MJ). He said we should not need teaching moments. We have 4 seniors and a junior. They shouldn't have to learn from mistakes anymore. Methinks Tad had some choice words for the team after the game.

4 seniors who have not played together. XJ played with Wes but Fortune/White were transferring in.
Fortune and Wes played but White/XJ out. 4 games in chemistry still in development stage. Takes time. Patience required

4 seniors who have not played together. XJ played with Wes but Fortune/White were transferring in.
Fortune and Wes played but White/XJ out. 4 games in chemistry still in development stage. Takes time. Patience required
Yeah. I think most of us get that.

True. But how many Power Conference teams have 4 5th year seniors and a 4th year junior on the court (2 if you count Miller with the prep school year)? They should be beyond what they showed in the 1st half and way too mature for that kind of weak ass effort.

True. But how many Power Conference teams have 4 5th year seniors and a 4th year junior on the court (2 if you count Miller with the prep school year)? They should be beyond what they showed in the 1st half and way too mature for that kind of weak ass effort.
Fortunately, Tad agrees.

Back