What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread: MBB vs Western Michigan in Puerto Rico

There must have been a fricken oil slick on the court with how long they spend scrubbing it.

Alright Buffs up 72-71, 2:36 remaining. Let's get Stainbrook fouled the **** out. I just knew he'd abuse us

Agree, gotta get Stainbrook out. I like Tad's management of Andre with these fouls.

Love Ski's energy. He will try and block any shot. Even if he is 6 inches shorter.

Typical Nate right there. Lucky it wasn't a turnover and a fast break for WMU.

At least Nate didn't give it up. He should've escaped the trap but we did have two time outs. I understand going the safe route.

Buffs win 81-76. I'll take it! Wasn't pretty with Roberson's foul troubles, but this was an absolute must-win. Something to build on, for sure

Had we beat Maryland I'm pretty sure we would have lost to Iona anyways. 1-2 was probably our destiny all along.

Good on them for pulling out the win, but the rebounding and defense have got to improve, and soon.

didn't catch it this morning, going to watch the replay on espn3 this afternoon. but it does appear we rebounded better, especially on the offensive end, carlon finally got involved and got a few boards as well. dufault appears to have had another nice game, good start to the season for him.

Here are some game stats:

FT%: 81.5% (huge improvement. this team needs to be over 70% every game to have a chance.)
Rebounds: 38-30 Buffs (another huge improvement. this team needs to be even or better to have a chance.)

From an individual standpoint, we finally saw some things we'll need if we want to be playing in the post-season this year:

Nate had 4 assists, 0 turnovers, 2 steals and made 3/7 3 point shots & 4/3 FTs to score 12 points. Perfect stat line for Nate.

With Dre in foul trouble, both Austin and Shane each stepped up with 8 rebounds. They also had 16 and 8 pts, respectively. They need to be at 60% instead of 50% on 2 pt shots, though.

Ski had another quality game despite being off from outside. 3/8 from the field (0-2 from 3pt) and 5/6 on FTs. Best sign for his development was 4 assists against 1 turnover.

Spencer's still trying to find his shot, but he stepped up in other ways. 4 rebounds, 2 assists and 0 turnovers. He also went 2/2 from the charity stripe. His 3pt shooting continues to be pretty good (1/2 today), but he's still not finding his rhythm from the field.

Last but far from least, Carlon took over. 8/14 shooting (7/10 2pt & 1/4 3pt) to go with 6/6 FTs, 6 rebounds and 4 assists. 3 turnovers is my only complaint there, but I can certainly live with that if he's being aggressive.

Back