What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Late Signing Day Thread:

I don't see much difference between a class with a average composite recruit ranking of 86.19 (ASU) and 85.08 (CU). What makes you believe Herm out-recruited MM?

Don't think that's the point, MM has been at CU for 5 years, he shouldn't be neck and neck with herm, especially this year no?

The 'spread' of 5-stars is amazing. Only 10 schools total and 3 of them get 1 each, 2 had 2 each. 7 to Georgia is unreal

I think the bigger thing to point out about the Pac-12 is the big drop from the #4 class to the #5 class.

Don't think that's the point, MM has been at CU for 5 years, he shouldn't be neck and neck with herm, especially this year no?
Four 4*. Late start. Lost coordinators. Jokester hire. Does understand recruiting. Transition year. And he still does as well (better I think) than MM who is in year 6. That shouldn’t happen.
I am in full agreement that we need to recruit better and should have been able to put together a better class than ASU. I don’t see it as a class that is worse than ASUs.

Excellent deep dive analysis. Getting the RB was a real win for the Huskers today. if I was Herm Edwards I would have let him play RB in order to get him to sign there. Bad recruiting from a way over his head coach right now. It is going to take a lot to get that roster flipped over. As much as Frost has going for him, the rest of the country pays attention to college football a lot more than they did in the 70's and 90's. No more dominating Kansas and Iowa State every year. I want to beat their butts so freaking bad!

Herm was up late last night setting up his draft board.

According to 247, Alabama had the #1 class from 2011-2017. They dropped to #7 this year. Might we finally be seeing *****s in the Saban dynasty and a changing of the guard?

Last edited:
According to 247, Alabama had the #1 class from 2011-2017. They dropped to #7 this year. Might we finally be seeing *****s in the Saban dynasty and a changing of the guard?
Ha! Seriously? *****s is edited out?

Yes, yes, it apparently is. Can I say honky?

Yep - in today's world, it is perfectly PC to call the white man names, but you can't use a word with two different connotations.

Yep - in today's world, it is perfectly PC to call the white man names, but you can't use a word with two different connotations.[/QUOTE/QUOTE]

**Off topic but Tom Segura's new netflix special addresses this topic exactly

Until 1980, the Pekin Illinois HS teams were called The *****s.

No joke

http://www.ccamuseum.org/index.php/...*s-high-school-team-becomes-the-pekin-dragons

Last edited:

Yep - in today's world, it is perfectly PC to call the white man names, but you can't use a word with two different connotations.
Would it make you happy if we censored "honky"?

It sucks when censored words have other connotations. The Cal board had a hell of a time figuring out how to allow people to talk about their head coach when it was Sonny Dykes. I had a hell of a time with links not working and trying to do the profile thread the year we were recruiting Aziz ****tu.

It sucks when censored words have other connotations. The Cal board had a hell of a time figuring out how to allow people to talk about their head coach when it was Sonny Dykes. I had a hell of a time with links not working and trying to do the profile thread the year we were recruiting Aziz ****tu.
I'm not actually bitching at the mods - I assumed this was something related to acceptable words by Google, etc.

More just a general comment on our current society and having a bit of fun - didn't mean it to be taken any other way.

Not that I really care, but maybe words that have other commonly intended meanings like ***** shouldn't be censored, and instead, if anyone is actually using it in the derogatory manner the censors are intended for, moderation actually takes place on that post or with that poster.

Not that I really care, but maybe words that have other commonly intended meanings like ***** shouldn't be censored, and instead, if anyone is actually using it in the derogatory manner the censors are intended for, moderation actually takes place on that post or with that poster.
Sure. That's how we'd be likely to run things if we could do that without being considered an adult site by google. None of the mods give a single **** about someone using cuss words. All of us think it's ridiculous when you can't type the name of a coach, player or the South Carolina mascot on a football message board because it mirrors a bad word if used in a different context. All we really care about is making sure people can enjoy Allbuffs from work (some of the restrictions we'd put on images) and that no one is ever subjected to hate speech on here. Frankly, if someone can't handle seeing a slang word for penis or intercourse in print, I really don't want to hang out with that person anyway. But our hands are tied based on search engine considerations and ad rate considerations.

Sure. That's how we'd be likely to run things if we could do that without being considered an adult site by google. None of the mods give a single **** about someone using cuss words. All of us think it's ridiculous when you can't type the name of a coach, player or the South Carolina mascot on a football message board because it mirrors a bad word if used in a different context. All we really care about is making sure people can enjoy Allbuffs from work (some of the restrictions we'd put on images) and that no one is ever subjected to hate speech on here. Frankly, if someone can't handle seeing a slang word for penis or intercourse in print, I really don't want to hang out with that person anyway. But our hands are tied based on search engine considerations and ad rate considerations.
****in A

Also, some of the racial words are on a "list" that determines got censored. For example, we can't reference the long-standing and respected college fund for African Americans or the old professional baseball league by name. A lot of this stuff is so stupid it makes my teeth hurt.

Edit: United ***** College Fund :confused: How stupid is that?

I don’t subscribe to Rivals or any of those recruiting sites. A coworker told me Rivals gave Mac an A+ for this class. That can’t be true. Can it be?

I don’t subscribe to Rivals or any of those recruiting sites. A coworker told me Rivals gave Mac an A+ for this class. That can’t be true. Can it be?
I didn't see it. Doesn't matter.

It's an improvement. CU held off a ton of late competition for half the class. Looks as though it's a class that's more likely to over-achieve its rank than to under-achieve it. We got better in general. Much better in certain areas of need. This class would rank a lot higher if it weren't for the fact that 1/3 of the signees are for 2 or 3 years instead of for 4 or 5 years due to the heavy JUCO concentration.

I didn't see it. Doesn't matter.

It's an improvement. CU held off a ton of late competition for half the class. Looks as though it's a class that's more likely to over-achieve its rank than to under-achieve it. We got better in general. Much better in certain areas of need. This class would rank a lot higher if it weren't for the fact that 1/3 of the signees are for 2 or 3 years instead of for 4 or 5 years due to the heavy JUCO concentration.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN “IT DOESNT MATTER?” IT FRIGGING MATTERS TO ME!! Sort of.

Back