What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Michigan State/Mel Tucker Hate Thread

Safe to say that Mel Tucker is not going quietly into the night. I suspect that MSU will pay Tucker a substantial sum of money to make him go away. And then they will pay Ms. Tracy a substantial amount of money to make her go away. And then they will pay a substantial amount of money to a new football coach in hopes of making all the losses go away.
Ms. Tracy may find herself much better off financially than she was.

I'm not sure yet that Mel Tucker is going to get paid a lot in this process. It may turn out that the best deal he can get is to be allowed to resign rather than be fired for cause and get an assurance that Ms Tracy isn't going to go after him in court.

This would at a minimum allow him in time to rehabilitate himself and have some future coaching opportunities. If he is fired for cause it hard to imagine any school or even pro team being willing to touch him with a 10 foot pole.

His admission that he made the phone call and did the sexual act on that phone call without anything to support his contention that it was consensual leaves him in a very precarious situation. One that could even end with him in the legal system if a DA wanted to push it.

OC Sean Lewis will get offers. We know he voluntarily left a head coaching gig because of competitive limitations (at least that’s widely speculated). I think he will be selective. Michigan State can pay a lot, but it likely won’t be a great situation to enter into, with a depleted roster and tremendous competition from OSU, Michigan, Penn State, USC, etc. A $50 million lotto ticket is hard for anyone to turn down, though.
Wouldn’t hold it against him but, damn, that would hurt.

Ms. Tracy may find herself much better off financially than she was.

I'm not sure yet that Mel Tucker is going to get paid a lot in this process. It may turn out that the best deal he can get is to be allowed to resign rather than be fired for cause and get an assurance that Ms Tracy isn't going to go after him in court.

This would at a minimum allow him in time to rehabilitate himself and have some future coaching opportunities. If he is fired for cause it hard to imagine any school or even pro team being willing to touch him with a 10 foot pole.

His admission that he made the phone call and did the sexual act on that phone call without anything to support his contention that it was consensual leaves him in a very precarious situation. One that could even end with him in the legal system if a DA wanted to push it.
Tucker knows he is done as a head coach forever. He is laying the groundwork for a settlement.

Safe to say that Mel Tucker is not going quietly into the night. I suspect that MSU will pay Tucker a substantial sum of money to make him go away. And then they will pay Ms. Tracy a substantial amount of money to make her go away. And then they will pay a substantial amount of money to a new football coach in hopes of making all the losses go away.
MT is a POS

Tucker knows he is done as a head coach forever. He is laying the groundwork for a settlement.
Of course he is. His problem is that groundwork so far appears to be a pile of slippery mud.

He will come to a settlement with the school, mainly because the school coming off the damage of the Nasser situation has no interest in this thing being drawn out in court or the media.

I just think that the final settlement is going to be much less lucrative for Mel than he or others might be assuming. They aren't going to make him rich.

36 minutes

family guy pointing GIF

Let it play out, folks.

Suspension for extreme inappropriateness, misconduct on university policies, and allegations of civil & legal violations under investigation warrants the actions Sparty has taken.

Speculating on claimant's credibility is never going to lead to anything good on a message board. It's pretty much impossible to go there without appearing to be slandering a victim. Conversely, rushing to judgment for anything unproven at this time isn't a good look either. I know it's boring and not the way sports fan boards work, but in this case we're best served by not coming hard with a hot take of personal opinions based on speculation and whatever biases we carry with us to these conversations.
Yeah, but it's Mel Tucker so F him. A large number of institutions would not have waited for title IX to remove him outright. They interviewed him, he admitted to masturbating on a campus phone and having sexual relations with a consultant of the university. That in itself violates the moral clause in his contract. Bobby Petrino was fired for failing to disclose his relationship with a former Arkansas volleyball player whom he hired. There is merit and plenty of examples where it cost a coach their job and cash, without waiting for a Title IX investigation. Quite frankly, of all the schools who should be in front of this and removing him asap, it would be MSU.

Even if everything Mel said in that response is true, he still deserves to be fired with cause imo. He just doesn’t get it on any level; his complete lack of understanding about power dynamics would make him a liability to be employed anywhere. Outside all the personal harm, he’s readily admitting that he’s conducting university business with the woman while having a romantic relationship with her and then claiming it has nothing to do with the university.

This one's a powder keg of issues. Gender, race, wealth, sexual morality, power dynamics, cronyism.

Then stack on that this is after Nasser and other issues at MSU, so the reaction to allegations is different than if none of that had happened.

We're going to see a lot of agendas at play in this one.

This one's a powder keg of issues. Gender, race, wealth, sexual morality, power dynamics, cronyism.

Then stack on that this is after Nasser and other issues at MSU, so the reaction to allegations is different than if none of that had happened.

We're going to see a lot of agendas at play in this one.
Yup..I'm gonna enjoy sitting back and watching the **** show

A little bit of apples to oranges but reminds me of Chris Beard's firing in the spring. Don't need to violate any unviersity rules, polices, etc. As long as his contract contains cause for firing that includes 'conduct that reflects poorly on the university' etc. Admitting to the conduct doesn't help his case IMO

You can evaluate a man’s qualifications. It’s a lot harder to evaluate his character.

You can evaluate a man’s qualifications. It’s a lot harder to evaluate his character.
Yep. Few can do such a thing off of intuition and first impressions. To bring it back to us... Prime is one of those rare people who I believe can fairly accurately evaluate character from just his intuition alone. This trait alone is why our turnaround is happening so quickly. Not just getting talent here but the right humans (players/coaches/supporting staff). He is uniquely gifted for this role.

OC Sean Lewis will get offers. We know he voluntarily left a head coaching gig because of competitive limitations (at least that’s widely speculated). I think he will be selective. Michigan State can pay a lot, but it likely won’t be a great situation to enter into, with a depleted roster and tremendous competition from OSU, Michigan, Penn State, USC, etc. A $50 million lotto ticket is hard for anyone to turn down, though.
Other than money, why would any sane person go there?

Back