What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Michigan State/Mel Tucker Hate Thread

I think you can see for yourself from some of the responses and questions in this thread. The victim blaming is astounding.

Sexual assault victims should not have to expect to be re-victimized after reporting. It takes an extremely brave woman to report and assist in an investigation when her veracity is going to be constantly questioned and when people are going to ask ridiculous questions like why didn’t you hang up by people who can’t even fathom what a victim of sexual assault goes through every single day of her life.
I have no intent to blame the victim. I have questions. That’s all.

Tuck lost out on 80mil to not even get passed 2nd base.

As I always say, pussy is undefeated
Most true statement. I always say being an elite recruiter in life regardless of profession usually translates in terms of relationships but it's clearly not the case with Deebo Jr aka Mel Tucker. He clearly didn't read the room and thought this was more than what she felt it was.

80 million down the drain and he's not Petrino, it's not guaranteed he's going to get a life boat like Bobby did.

Seems like this discussion is becoming divisive. I’d suggest we cool it and wait for this to run its course. Of course no one will listen to me!! :)
It's sad. We have more access than ever to one another and we can't communicate because I don't like your viewpoint and you don't like mines. That's tragic. We should be able to communicate our points respectfully. No one here is wrong. We are all entitled to ask questions and give opinions. It's sad when we can't do that with one another.

Here is the thing for those upset at her on account of wanting a sugar daddy: if you want a sugar daddy, you are free to go find one.

It does not entitle you to character assassinate someone who wants that in their life, or discredit her for what she had to endure.

This is not about “she was in until she wasn’t.” That betrays a thought that acceptance of a certain boundary means all future boundaries are meaningless.

Clearly he did not get her consent for that. Bad call. He does not own her. He does not even own his wife. He needs consent for every overture in that direction, why would any other woman have to deal with less?

Here:
Erroneous reports Sunday initially stated that Tucker was fired by Michigan State. Rather, the Title IX investigation will continue as scheduled before the university makes a decision on his future leading the Spartans program.”

Reactions: DBT
Thats your opinion. One I don't share.

Please respect my opinion as my take and don't call it ignorant because you don't agree. Respect my wishes and I'll respect yours.
Sorry, I respect most opinions, but this is one I don’t respect at all.

Also to be clear, this is not how Petrino got fired. He was fired for failing to disclose a relationship with someone he gave a job to and giving several gifts including one of $20k - to my knowledge the woman in that episode acknowledged the consensual sexual relationship and never accused Petrino of SH. If my facts are wrong there, I’m happy to be corrected.

It's sad. We have more access than ever to one another and we can't communicate because I don't like your viewpoint and you don't like mines. That's tragic. We should be able to communicate our points respectfully. No one here is wrong. We are all entitled to ask questions and give opinions. It's sad when we can't do that with one another.
Are you talking about Allbuffs? Go spend a week in the political forum!! :LOL:

Sorry, I respect most opinions, but this is one I don’t respect at all.

Also to be clear, this is not how Petrino got fired. He was fired for failing to disclose a relationship with someone he gave a job to and giving several gifts including one of $20k - to my knowledge the woman in that episode acknowledged the consensual sexual relationship and never accused Petrino of SH. If my facts are wrong there, I’m happy to be corrected.
That's sad to hear my friend. Why don't you respect it?

That's similar my brother. That's a business relationship that became assumed personal. It's not the same exact situation but it's the same male/female relationship dynamic in what was a business setting.

She participated in a “non-consensual” sexual phone call without termination.
Perhaps a few of your other questions are valid but no man gets to question a rape survivor on how they react during a situation like this. Terminate the call, not terminate the call...makes NO difference and isn't a legitimate 'question' in any way shape or form. It's 100% wrong.

For the record, many women are taught to let harrassers 'hang themselves' in situations like these. Collect as much evidence as possible to ensure people can't blame the victim. Seeing as this is her field, odds are she was doing just that.

That's sad to hear my friend. Why don't you respect it?

That's similar my brother. That's a business relationship that became assumed personal. It's not the same exact situation but it's the same male/female relationship dynamic in what was a business setting.
To the second part - the lack of an accusation of sexual harassment is a pretty big difference no? For all of Petrino’s slimyness it was apparently consensual, Tucker not so. I’ve seen no reports that Tracy acknowledged any sort of consensual sexual relationship with Tucker (another biiiig difference from the Petrino affair).

To the first, you’re taking a position about this woman’s intent and how she felt about the relationship that you have absolutely no way of knowing for the purpose of, what? She claims it was harassing behavior and your questioning her role in this serves only to paint her as a liar, opportunist, or vengeful and I’m not sure why that is your instinct here. It’s particularly troubling to me because this attitude discourages women from reporting these type of things which is tragic.

To the second part - the lack of an accusation of sexual harassment is a pretty big difference no? For all of Petrino’s slimyness it was apparently consensual, Tucker not so.

To the first, you’re taking a position about this woman’s intent and how she felt about the relationship that you have absolutely no way of knowing for the purpose of, what? She claims it was harassing behavior and your questioning her role in this serves only to paint her as a liar, opportunist, or vengeful and I’m not sure why that is your instinct here. It’s particularly troubling to me because this attitude discourages women from reporting these type of things which is tragic.
I don't believe I took that position that you assumed I did.

He's getting fired due to misconduct. Not sexual harassment. They can't fire him for something he's hasn't been proven guilty of yet. He's getting fired for similar reasons to Bobby Petrino

Here is the thing for those upset at her on account of wanting a sugar daddy: if you want a sugar daddy, you are free to go find one.

It does not entitle you to character assassinate someone who wants that in their life, or discredit her for what she had to endure.

This is not about “she was in until she wasn’t.” That betrays a thought that acceptance of a certain boundary means all future boundaries are meaningless.

Clearly he did not get her consent for that. Bad call. He does not own her. He does not even own his wife. He needs consent for every overture in that direction, why would any other woman have to deal with less?
Who here is upset for her wanting a sugar daddy? Are you talking to me?

Perhaps a few of your other questions are valid but no man gets to question a rape survivor on how they react during a situation like this. Terminate the call, not terminate the call...makes NO difference and isn't a legitimate 'question' in any way shape or form. It's 100% wrong.

For the record, many women are taught to let harrassers 'hang themselves' in situations like these. Collect as much evidence as possible to ensure people can't blame the victim. Seeing as this is her field, odds are she was doing just that.
I agree. That was wrong and insensitive on my part. I should have said “allegedly” non consensual. As discussed above, the issue of consent is open. I don’t know if it was or if it wasn’t. And I was wrong to assume.

Mel Tugger is a better nickname than Midnight Mel. And some of y'all need to be less in a rush to have a firm opinion on everything.

Listen to Darth. Humans and human interactions can be unbelievably strange and surprising. Just because someone or something looks to you like something you've experienced a thousand times, doesn't mean it's the same person or situation. The acknowledged facts here should cost Coach Tugger his job. There's no need, but more importantly, no basis to speculate about the other sordid and contentious details.

Last edited:
They are both pieces of sh!t. Tucker had no business trying to hit on her, and she had many opportunities to stop his advances. They deserve each other, and it wouldn’t surprise me if she were a paid honey trap by MSU.
James Earl Jones Reaction GIF

Listen to Darth. Humans and human interactions can be unbelievably strange and surprising. Just because someone or something looks to you like something you've experienced a thousand times, doesn't mean it the same person or situation. The acknowledged facts here should cost Coach Tugger his job. There's no need, but more importantly, no basis to speculate about the other sordid and contentious details.
Extremely difficult. Shouldn't be but can be and that's a fact.

I don't believe I took that position that you assumed I did.

He's getting fired due to misconduct. Not sexual harassment. They can't fire him for something he's hasn't been proven guilty of yet. He's getting fired for similar reasons to Bobby Petrino
No, he’s suspended and could be fired today for misconduct, but they’re waiting until an independent investigator renders a report. If they find he violated Title IX he’ll be fired for cause for that. Again Petrino was never accused of sexual harassment yet you seem to gloss over that important distinction.

No, he’s suspended and could be fired today for misconduct, but they’re waiting until an independent investigator renders a report. If they find he violated Title IX he’ll be fired for cause for that. Again Petrino was never accused of sexual harassment yet you seem to gloss over that important distinction.
I didn't gloss over it. I just don't have proof yet. Neither do you. At some point, we both will when the investigation is completed.

I believe you misjudged me on this topic. I don't see where we disagree. The stance you said I've claimed is not accurate. If anything, we are having a culture difference issue in regard to some terminology. Other than that. I don't see where I am guilty of what you are accusing of where you said you have no respect for. I don't have respect for what you are claiming you don't respect either.

I didn't gloss over it. I just don't have proof yet. Neither do you. At some point, we both will when the investigation is completed.

I believe you misjudged me on this topic. I don't see where we disagree. The stance you said I've claimed is not accurate. If anything, we are having a culture difference issue in regard to some terminology. Other than that. I don't see where I am guilty of what you are accusing of where you said you have no respect for. I don't have respect for what you are claiming you don't respect either.
Dude, the woman in the Petrino affair acknowledged a consensual, sexual relationship with Petrino and never accused him of any form of harassment. Neither of those things are true in this Tucker episode. Big difference.

Back