What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official New Hampshire Game Thread

The mistake is not letting Noyer get his confidence back.
Actually Noyer threw a pick 6 and was fortunate he didn’t throw another.
Considering we hear about bowl games and the extra practices they bring, the second half today was a wasted extra practice.

In the two games a year where CU is winning/losing by enough to have backups in the game, they need to show competence. Period. If it were me, I would have pulled Noter after that and given Lytle a chance to run the offense. I agree that MM needs to allow backups do their thing, but no coach is just going to allow the same backup to keep slinging it around after throwing a pick 6 to an FCS team.
I wonder if MM is so nice because he was beat up at SJSU that first year? So he won’t hammer the little teams. Seems really bad for your teams backups motivation to not turn them loose when they finally get to play.

Honestly, I figured Stemstrom was going to get to play some late in the 4th. If not today, when? Wasted chance to use the new rule.

I definitely wasn't impressed with the offensive line's effort today, but otherwise, the starters were fine. I thought they came out a little like they expected UNH to lie down, but the defense was pretty good the entire first half and in most the second, Montez looked good for only throwing a few balls, and McMillain stepped up.

I agree with the general consensus that the 2nd half game plan left much to be desired, but whatever. Heal up during the bye and get ready for conference play.

Watching the game like I was analyzing game film, yes, lackadaisical, uninspired, frustrating at times. But watching the ticker for the rest of the night - seeing the score and the stats compared to other P5 teams that should have blown up their FCS competition and their stats - I think we’re alright.
Ask Georgia, Clemson, Stanford, ND, Penn State (2 weeks ago) how they felt about their games.

Last edited:
I wonder if MM is so nice because he was beat up at SJSU that first year? So he won’t hammer the little teams. Seems really bad for your teams backups motivation to not turn them loose when they finally get to play.

Honestly, I figured Stemstrom was going to get to play some late in the 4th. If not today, when? Wasted chance to use the new rule.
I’m sure that plays into it, but it’s also just not in MM’s DNA to embarrass other programs/coaches/players, IMO. Similar to how he’s known to be a little soft and forgiving with coaches and players (not firing coaches and keeping players on scholarship who will never contribute).

As for Stenstrom, he’s 4th in the depth chart. There just aren’t enough reps in the 2nd half to get him in the game, IMO. There’s barely enough reps to get both Noyer and Lytle meaningful time. Plus, we have no idea how Stenstrom has picked up the playbook or what he’s shown in practice.

At the end of the day, I agree that they should be doing everything possible to develop depth and get guys experience. I just know the way most coaches think, and the vast majority of them are going to get gun shy when their backups make big time mistakes that directly lead to the other team scoring.

I'm re-watching the game right now. The CU offense didn't get on track until we committed to running right at them in the 2nd quarter.

Defense was sneakily solid. We held them to 120 yards and no offensive points until the score was 38-7 and we had mostly backups in.

I'm re-watching the game right now. The CU offense didn't get on track until we committed to running right at them in the 2nd quarter.

Defense was sneakily solid. We held them to 120 yards and no offensive points until the score was 38-7 and we had mostly backups in.
That's Gamboa. Sneakily solid. Not as speedy, but super cerebral. Makes me wonder how much silent influence Gamboa has on the field.

That's Gamboa. Sneakily solid. Not as speedy, but super cerebral. Makes me wonder how much silent influence Gamboa has on the field.
True. I'd say that Landman is just as cerebral and happens to be a better athlete too. He reads, diagnoses plays quickly. It's not an accident he's where he needs to be about 95% of the time. Gamboa is a solid football player as well.

True. I'd say that Landman is just as cerebral and happens to be a better athlete too. He reads, diagnoses plays quickly. It's not an accident he's where he needs to be about 95% of the time. Gamboa is a solid football player as well.

Shows my age but Landman running around out there in the #53 reminds me a lot of watching Randy Gradishar play. Very efficient in him movement, always seems to take a direct route to the play, when he gets there the play gets made.

Watching the game like I was analyzing game film, yes, lackadaisical, uninspired, frustrating at times. But watching the ticker for the rest of the night - seeing the score and the stats compared to other P5 teams that should have blown up their FCS competition and their stats - I think we’re alright.
Ask Georgia, Clemson, Stanford, ND, Penn State (2 weeks ago) how they felt about their games.
So true. CU looked kind of like crap and still totally dominated. This team is good and can be quite good if they keep up the hard work and focus.

Back