What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Oregon State Game Thread

as GB mentioned, you have to give osu a lot of credit. a 1-win team, down so far in the 3rd. tremendous heart. if we'd played with 1/2 as much we would have hung on. mm certainly was not able to rally his troops
In a very weak and pointless defense of Buff coaches, >99% of the time a team down 31-3 on the road in the second half will either roll over and give up, or be incapable of even attempting a comeback. Having stated this weak and pointless defense, it is the coaches’ job to make sure the door is shut and locked until it is theoretically impossible for the opponent to recover. Maybe a 21-point lead with 4 minutes left, and the opponent going nowhere on its last 4 offensive possessions would be safe enough for backups.

I’m too lazy to look back through posts but I believe some AB posters were suggesting it was time to remove Montez and give backup QBs some playing time, early in the second half - ?

In a very weak and pointless defense of Buff coaches, >99% of the time a team down 31-3 on the road in the second half will either roll over and give up, or be incapable of even attempting a comeback. Having stated this weak and pointless defense, it is the coaches’ job to make sure the door is shut and locked until it is theoretically impossible for the opponent to recover. Maybe a 21-point lead with 4 minutes left, and the opponent going nowhere on its last 4 offensive possessions would be safe enough for backups.

I’m too lazy to look back through posts but I believe some AB posters were suggesting it was time to remove Montez and give backup QBs some playing time, early in the second half - ?

I suggested playing Lytle when it got to be 31-3. My thinking was that that was a safe lead. The OSU backup QB was the difference.

I suggested playing Lytle when it got to be 31-3. My thinking was that that was a safe lead. The OSU backup QB was the difference.
Sure seemed like a safe lead. Should have been. If that QB hadn’t been on fire the main complaint on this board would be that the starters should have been pulled sooner. It’s 31-3 over Oregon State, after all, no risk there.

Is it bad that I am annoyed af that a certain WR is posting his own stats and acting like CU just won right now. STFU..L

If this was just an aberant game, I’d still be on the bandwagon - loud as ever. I’ve tried to find the silver lining in every twist and turn of this team and coaching staff.

I do love the improvement in the front 7 on D.

But, you cannot be a Power 5 program that cannot block - re completely whiff over and over - simple twist stunts from DLs game after game. That is as basic as gets. Truly, all you have to do in many cases is get a hand on someone and slow them down just a bit! But we completely whiff over and over.

You can’t be a Power 5 program if you can’t push forward for ONE yard on multiple tries, again and again.

What the ***** is going on with the OL?

I can understand Chev’s difficulty calling good plays, to an extent, when you can’t block ANYTHING you call!

Venting. Venting. Venting.

So many frustrating things ... Hodgins had 6 total catches in his previous 4 games. He had 11 today. God, our DBs are hot garbage.

Luton had the game of his life ... threw multiple laser beams into pretty decent coverage on the last 3 drives. The fact is, OSU played perfect after Travon's long run, and our coaches got soft.

I turned off the game at 31-3 because we weree having a Halloween party.

How the **** did we lose that game? What happened? We didn't even have a turnover. What the **** happened?

c5fec95bbcd82e9c3d23cdcf181a0aee.jpg

Back