What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Oregon State Game Thread

Dbacks
OL
Offensive play calling
(Dropped balls didn’t help, but we still could have won)

That’s it.

If CU loses out, there is zero chance MM keeps his job. Spare me the “CU doesn’t care about football enough” retorts. Starting 5-0 and finishing 5-7, would be about as embarrassing as it gets and there’s no way RG allows him to stick around because of $9m. He’ll find the money to buy him out and hire his first revenue generating HC.

If CU loses out, there is zero chance MM keeps his job. Spare me the “CU doesn’t care about football enough” retorts. Starting 5-0 and finishing 5-7, would be about as embarrassing as it gets and there’s no way RG allows him to stick around because of $9m. He’ll find the money to buy him out and hire his first revenue generating HC.
^This. No doubt. Applies also to losing 6/7 to finish 6-6.

^This. No doubt. Applies also to losing 6/7 to finish 6-6.

Yeah, but sucking is the baseline for the regents. Apart from a couple, they would rather get rid of athletics than do what needs to be done. And maybe they are right to think so/.

Rick George's standards are higher than that. It's convincing all the other higher ups that it's the right move.
He has advanced this programs fundraising so far beyond what it was when he got here. He will make sure he gets the money needed to get it done. Macs been here for 6 years with one bowl season. Any P5 program would fire him in this scenario. I think people are overreacting to the idea of the administration thing.

He has advanced this programs fundraising so far beyond what it was when he got here. He will make sure he gets the money needed to get it done. Macs been here for 6 years with one bowl season. Any P5 program would fire him in this scenario. I think people are overreacting to the idea of the administration thing.
A good comparable is Mark Stoops, also in year 6 at UK. Good foundation. Program is rolling.

It stinks. MM doesn’t have a killer instinct, and it flows downhill to his team and coaches. Up 31-3, OK let’s coast on in for the win. Wouldn’t want to make the other team feel bad. We have a 6 play offense that every opponent knows what is coming. At the beginning of the season the play calling was pretty good, and then they figured out shenault was a superstar so they built everything around him. Now we have sporadic big plays but no real offense. It’s pretty sad because I don’t believe our talent is this bad.

It stinks. MM doesn’t have a killer instinct, and it flows downhill to his team and coaches. Up 31-3, OK let’s coast on in for the win. Wouldn’t want to make the other team feel bad. We have a 6 play offense that every opponent knows what is coming. At the beginning of the season the play calling was pretty good, and then they figured out shenault was a superstar so they built everything around him. Now we have sporadic big plays but no real offense. It’s pretty sad because I don’t believe our talent is this bad.
The talent is actually pretty damn good. There's a lot of all conference, and several NFL guys on this roster. Chev's offense doesn't utilize enough principles though, and as other's have stated he refuses to use the middle of the field.

We have talent, the problem is that we’re also incredibly weak at certain positions and our coaches don’t seem to have a way to make up for it.

I guess in your world no conferences and no teams are good. Thanks for the hot takes
There really aren't any strong conferences this year. Alabama will lay waist to everyone in the SEC. The Big Ten is hot garbage. The ACC is Clemson and a bunch of average to hot garbage. The Big XII is garbage outside OU and Texas. The Pac is a whole bunch of average surrounded by more average. It's not a good year in CFB in general.

One doesn't have to look real hard at teams like Florida or LSU in the SEC to see those are not top tier teams. CSU outgained Florida for god's sakes. Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, and LSU are all where they are just because of preseason rankings and pre-existing opinions about the strength of the conference because when you watch them play, they aren't special.

Has he? I just don't see anything special about that program going forward or in the current time.

What has MM done though? Outside of 2016, which is looking more and more like an accident, what has he done?

Are we better than when he arrived? Yes. Are we good enough to justify his current employment? Debatable.

Back