What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Pre-Game Thread: CU @ Nebraska, September 8, 2018 @ 1:30 MT

Nothing I see says CU has an O that will own the clock. Those days are gone.

Up-tempo no huddle at a hyper speed seems more likely. Don’t give NU much time to get in position, diagnose plays, substitute players.

Catching NU’s D off guard the way CSU was kept off balance makes sense for NU’s opener. Speed kills.

Line is down to 3.5.

I'm surprised at the direction it is moving. At +5 people were expecting kNU fans to hammer that line up. The degree and direction of movement suggests significant sharp money coming in for CU.

Line is down to 3.5.

+5 was an awful number. I am not a market mover, but have a decent chunk there. I know some really strong bettors whom I respect greatly crushed this number for five figure wagers. +5 moved to +4.5 and still got a lot of CU action. Line keeps moving.

At this point, I think books are starting to hope for a big bug eeter win.

Nebraska boards are all saying their lines are too big for us and they'll push us all over the field.
I don't think them bugeaters are eatin' the right bugs.

Nebraska boards are all saying their lines are too big for us and they'll push us all over the field.

That's like Donald Trump tweeting he's the best president ever-When I see the AP picking CU to win and CBS recommending NOT betting this game (essentially what bet at your own risk means-I don't bet on our games), that tells me what I need to know.

NU undoubtedly has better athletes in the trenches than the CSU Rams. Whether the lines are uniformly better than CU’s is up for debate.

One of the criticisms of CU is a lack of depth and an absence of high rated recruits up front. We’ll find out on Saturday how NU stacks up.

It’s not just an issue of being biggest. Technique, fitness, execution, nastiness, and depth factor in there too.

CU’s ability to protect Montez and open holes for the tailbacks is a legit story line. So is the ability of our DL to put pressure on Martinez and contain the Husker ground game.

NU’s D line is experienced, but weren’t very good last year. Not sure what to expect from NU’s O-line vs CU’s front seven.

You got to feel better about the speed & depth from the OLBs & Buff Backs this year compared to last year. That might make a big difference in this game.

I can't figure out why anyone on either side expects a blowout.

Because NU has a new coach with unproven green QB. And CU has proven they are able to march down the field and score quickly.

So, my wife comes walking back into the bedroom this morning wearing... red. I don't like to give ultimatums (so I didn't), but she simply refuses to listen to logic and reason. What the hell? She dismissed my concerns with, "I don't even really care." Then don't wear any more red this week! Sheesh. Time for drastic measures.

Because some of us are more optimistic/confident in this Buffs team than others.
Hey! Duff is secretly an enthusiastic optimist who just puts on a show so for Karma's sake.

Or not.

I don’t have a clue on this one. I don’t know if the strong running last week was demonstration that we had depth beyond Lindsey, or if it just showed that CSU was really bad. I don’t know anything about Nebraska as a team. Frost was a good enough player to warrant my disdain, but I don’t know one kid on their roster.
I do know I will be watching the replay and hoping the Buffs boat race them and create tears In the stands.

That’s the second half strategy when CU has a comfortable lead.

Getting out fast and competing in a shoot-out against a true frosh [RUNNING]QB is also viable. The team that makes fewest mistakes/turnovers wins this one. Martinez being green vs Montez’s experience is key.
This might be one of those games where if we end up outscoring them we could come away with the victory.

If the game was in Folsom, I would be very confident.
I get the idea that playing on the road is tough, but I also believe all the other factors that have been discussed (Frost's first game, True Frosh QB, changing schemes on both sides, all new coaching staff, first game of the year for them, etc) give CU a far bigger advantage than the homefield advantage Nebraska gets.

I get the idea that playing on the road is tough, but I also believe all the other factors that have been discussed (Frost's first game, True Frosh QB, changing schemes on both sides, all new coaching staff, first game of the year for them, etc) give CU a far bigger advantage than the homefield advantage Nebraska gets.

I know I am in the minority, but I do not see the true freshman at QB as a big negative. I would actually be less concerned with an experienced QB trying to adjust to new coaches a new system.

Hard to imagine Nebraska setting up a more attractive scenario to feast upon.

If CU can’t take advantage of what you just laid out, then that says a lot about our coaching staff’s ability to really RISE.

I know I am in the minority, but I do not see the true freshman at QB as a big negative. I would actually be less concerned with an experienced QB trying to adjust to new coaches a new system.
My mother-in-law is a diehard Red Sox fan, doesn't miss a game. When we watch a game together it never fails, if the game is close in the 9th inning and there's a key at bat, I lean in and get ready- while she gets up and leaves the room. When she returns I ask her how on Earth she could leave the room during that critical time and she replies, " I don't understand how you could sit there and watch it".

You remind me of my mother-in-law, and not in a bad way. My point is that there are many different kinds of fans out there who all have their own way of rooting for their teams and that is a huge reason why sports are so ****ing great. Duff- don't ever change!

Last edited:
Back