What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official realignment thread - SEC formally invites OU and Texas to join the conference in 2025

Not really, did you just ignore the euro cup numbers I posted? Those are amazing numbers for a tournament the US isn’t even involved in. For reference those games were getting better ratings than quite a few college football games on Saturdays. Again that was also during a period of terrible tv ratings for every league in the US.
Yes, the few big tournaments a year or every four years will garner big ratings. None of that has led to the sport truly becoming more popular in the states, though

Yes, the few big tournaments a year or every four years will garner big ratings. None of that has led to the sport truly becoming more popular in the states, though
It’s not just a couple tournaments every other year though. That’s the point. And you have men’s and women’s numbers that are actually pretty amazing when looking at the sport in general. And the biggest point is that it is growing unlike baseball and hockey that have been declining or stagnant for years.

Reminds me of the fairly racist old saying in the UK that "football [soccer] is a gentleman's sport played by hooligans, and rugby is a hooligan's sport played by gentlemen."
It’s not just said in the UK. I heard it from a driver from France as well.

It’s not just a couple tournaments every other year though. That’s the point. And you have men’s and women’s numbers that are actually pretty amazing when looking at the sport in general. And the biggest point is that it is growing unlike baseball and hockey that have been declining or stagnant for years.
You need to stop - you’re wrong. It’s great that a women’s World Cup game a few years ago had a lot of viewers, or the Euro final (which comes around every 4 years), but that’s not typical. It’s like saying women’s gymnastics is a really good draw because a lot of people watch the Olympics every 4 years.

You said that European soccer already draws more viewers than baseball and hockey which is unequivocally false.
Disney-owned network averaging 1.58m viewers for primetime baseball broadcasts.
During the 2020/21 season, the Premier League average 414 thousand viewers on the NBC Sports networks, down 10 percent of the previous season's figure.

You need to stop - you’re wrong. It’s great that a women’s World Cup game a few years ago had a lot of viewers, or the Euro final (which comes around every 4 years), but that’s not typical. It’s like saying women’s gymnastics is a really good draw because a lot of people watch the Olympics every 4 years.

You said that European soccer already draws more viewers than baseball and hockey which is unequivocally false.
See! He made us do it. He made US search the interweb to (dis)prove false statements. He wins.

Soccer Player GIF

Nuance
Ah, I could that **** flop all day. What a hilarious moron.🤣

Gawdamit, I can’t believe I did this. You started by saying soccer viewership already surpasses baseball (Previous post a few pages earlier).
Then you linked this article with this quote to prove your point.
Euro 2020 final Sunday was the most-viewed Euro match in U.S. history with 6.49 million viewers”
I asked for a comparison. YOU didn’t do that, apparently too much work (but wanted me to do it…so I did).
Turns out the LOWEST EVER viewed World Series game in history, Game 2 2020 (in a covid season) - 8.950 M (2020)
Ive admitted I’m not good at math, but 8.950 > 6.49.
Stop with the soccer.

Also that 6.49 was for only the ESPN (English language) broadcast and if you added the Spanish-language Univision (Spanish language US rights), that brings the Euro Final in the US alone to at least 9.39. There was no mention of the Spanish language numbers for baseball. Very impressive numbers for something that is not happening here in the US...something you really need to keep in mind here.

Just wait until the 2026 World Cup which will be here in Canada, US, and Mexico. The 1992 WC spawned the MLS and the 2026 WC will also be the first 48 team World Cup. That is not mentioning that the MLS & Mexico La Liga MX will be having a tournament with eight teams from each league. There's also that talk of a merger between those two to form a North America soccer Super League. Soccer is on an upward trend here in the US and it will likely pass baseball perhaps by 2026 if it hasn't done so by now.

Well. Ken Starr is out. Buddy Jones is no longer a regent. We severed our ties to the southern Baptist convention in the late 80s and further distanced ourselves from the BGCT (Baptist General Convention of Texas) in the late 90s.
I have some personal reasons to root for the buffs. But thanks for the warm welcome.
Welcome to Allbuffs. If you can get past this ****ery you’ll do just fine. 🤣

Two things for the new **** bailer guy:

1. He should spend some time reading this thread:

2. I suggest we give him a new avatar that will help him understand what we think of that program:
1628694910306.png

Well it definitely does for Hockey. Actually the MLS is almost at the same level at the NHL. You are also comparing baseball and hockey numbers to some terrible start times for a lot of European Soccer games.

Having a large tournament that brings in the numbers it did, like this summer, every two years shows everyone how popular the sports actually is but if people want to ignore that I don't really care. There are a bunch of leagues in the states and abroad. Women's professional soccer just had its best year every in 2020 numbers wise averaging almost 400,000 viewers a game.

The MLB averages something like 1.8 million viewers across the entire country during the regular season so hardly some huge number to surpass.

Also that 6.49 was for only the ESPN (English language) broadcast and if you added the Spanish-language Univision (Spanish language US rights), that brings the Euro Final in the US alone to at least 9.39. There was no mention of the Spanish language numbers for baseball. Very impressive numbers for something that is not happening here in the US...something you really need to keep in mind here.

Just wait until the 2026 World Cup which will be here in Canada, US, and Mexico. The 1992 WC spawned the MLS and the 2026 WC will also be the first 48 team World Cup. That is not mentioning that the MLS & Mexico La Liga MX will be having a tournament with eight teams from each league. There's also that talk of a merger between those two to form a North America soccer Super League. Soccer is on an upward trend here in the US and it will likely pass baseball perhaps by 2026 if it hasn't done so by now.
OMG, this needs to ****ing stop!
Original statement, soccer viewership has passed that of baseball. I asked for a link or source that proves that. I was told to go **** myself and look it up myself. I did, turns out that statement was false. Now we keep “but but but”ing. Fine, here:
Game 4
9.332 M (2020)
Game 5
10.059 M (2020)
Game 6
12.627 M (2020)
Game 7
23.013 M (2019)
These are for the LOWEST viewed World Series of ALL TIME. Game 4 is close. 5, 6, 7 blow the MOST VIEWED ****ing euro game game, English/Spanish/Esperanto/whatever to pieces.
stop with the ****ing soccer.

Well it definitely does for Hockey. Actually the MLS is almost at the same level at the NHL. You are also comparing baseball and hockey numbers to some terrible start times for a lot of European Soccer games.

Having a large tournament that brings in the numbers it did, like this summer, every two years shows everyone how popular the sports actually is but if people want to ignore that I don't really care. There are a bunch of leagues in the states and abroad. Women's professional soccer just had its best year every in 2020 numbers wise averaging almost 400,000 viewers a game.

The MLB averages something like 1.8 million viewers across the entire country during the regular season so hardly some huge number to surpass.
I don’t care about hockey - hockey has been the weakest “major” sport in the US forever. You said European soccer already draws better than baseball which is false. It’s one thing to be wrong, but doubling down with “do you know how to use the internet” is pretty douchey.

Soccer has been “about to surpass” other sports in the US for decades. Wake me when it happens.

Guy flopping around on a soccer pitch agonizing in fake pain vs lack of institutional control leading to rape and murder. Hope that clears up where I stand.
It clears up the fact that you have no sense of humor and aren’t willing to play along with an obvious joke.
I would think that comparing bailer to soccer would be the worst form of insult- to both parties.

Back