What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Signing Day Thread

People have mentioned that "1 or 2" more highly rated recruits/transfers may commit. When would we hear? Same question on Seaton - is there a time he's said he'd sign? Is there going to be any news on anything today? Enquiring minds want to know

People have mentioned that "1 or 2" more highly rated recruits/transfers may commit. When would we hear? Same question on Seaton - is there a time he's said he'd sign? Is there going to be any news on anything today? Enquiring minds want to know
As an EE, Seaton has until Friday. Portal guys have a long time.

As an EE, Seaton has until Friday. Portal guys have a long time.
also, signing paperwork means nothing other than the portal guys like us enough to lock in their spot with us. They can go anywhere they want until they start classes. and then they can leave again as soon as the semester is over. What a world

I would love to see us recruiting a full class of HS kids, bringing them in and developing them for a couple of years then having them win for us while the next generation of young guys are making up our 2-4 teams and developing.

That isn't the world of modern college football. Guys who are good enough to be impact players don't want to sit, they play or they move on. Guys who are the early impact players want to play right away then move on to the league.

It also does you zero good to bring in developmental guys when you aren't winning games. Recruits want to win because winning means attention and a potential future career. You aren't going to recruit HS kids for 3-4 years and get the quality you need if you aren't winning right now.

What Prime is doing is exactly what he needs to do to turn this program into a winner now, not later. We were the worst P5 team in the nation 2 years ago, close to the worst BCS level team in the nation. We wouldn't have won a game if Cal didn't decide to not show up and played one of their worst games of the year against us. Opponents laughed at us as their deep depth guys and walk-ons had to be restrained by their coaches from dropping the hammer on us.

Last season we won 4 games, we were competitive in most of the others. We had units of the team that were solid P5 quality but others got exposed and ended up costing us a potential bowl game.

In order to keep the momentum going in improvement Prime needs to fix the weak areas now, not later. That means bringing in guys who are ready to play and compete now, transfers.

Once we are at a level where we can be seen as a winner, where at trip to a bowl is a given and the playoff is the realistic target then Prime can worry about bringing in guys who can develop instead of playing right now.

In college football though the way it is now I don't know that we will ever see CU bringing in 20-25 HS kids in a class again. That will be something for the G5 and FCS programs to do while we skim the top players off them after they have given them a year or two of seasoning and development.

For the "WTF is Dion doing?!?!" crowd when they look at the number of prep signings -- HE FVCKING TOLD YOU AND THEN DELIVERED!

My dad sent me a text that spelled Prime's name that way, and I replied, "Dion was a singer when you were in high school, not a football coach. Best just use Prime so as not to repeat that mistake."

The middle finger emoji he sent back might have been for me reprimanding him on the spelling, or for me insinuating that he was in high school when Dion made it big.

Two for one? I’ll bet he is Seaton’s best buddy

Whatever it takes!

Edit: with that name he should become a professional pool player.
1703278105967.png
Coach Finstock: There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Not sure where this goes, but what became of Omar White? I know he’s facing trouble, but it still seemed he would sign, although there very little info on him…

I think that's pretty questionable. Every report I read at the time stated the shootings happened at 2 different locations.
That's not what I've heard. Hell there were reports that he shot Brantley. That definitely isn't what happened.

Back