What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Spring Practice Thread

Right off the start don't see how he favors the sheep and then favors the corn by double digits.

He may have his numbers but his numbers don't make sense.

If they are close then M2 should be fired in season but I don't see it happening that way.

This is put up or shut up year for MM!
I am on record that if he loses to CSU and/or NEB he should be fired, but I would go with the fired after Washington if we are 1-6 or 2-5.
I like this team a lot, and am stunned at how the rest of the country thinks we are a nothing burger.
Do any of these tools even go and visit or research the actual team? Our receivers this year, while not very well known have the potential to be out of this world and you could see us switch to WR-U from CB-U.
The ESPN brilliant research says that CAL is our 3rd hardest game, and that our game at NEB is their 2nd easiest game!!!

I don't understand why you think he should be fired if we lose to Nebraska. CU will not be favored in that game - it is on the road where CU has not done well. And the cornhusker fans will be out in force for their returning hero. I just think it is extreme to put that type of expectation on a game CU will not be favored.

Have we found new donors who’d be willing to buy out Mac & help pay the bigger salaries of the next staff? I thought that piece was still unresolved.

Have we found new donors who’d be willing to buy out Mac & help pay the bigger salaries of the next staff? I thought that piece was still unresolved.
Yeah everyone acts like he is easily gone when RG has to get 10 million just for mac, his assistants are one contracts now too so it wouldn’t be pretty.

I don't understand why you think he should be fired if we lose to Nebraska. CU will not be favored in that game - it is on the road where CU has not done well. And the cornhusker fans will be out in force for their returning hero. I just think it is extreme to put that type of expectation on a game CU will not be favored.

Yes. Bet-wise, the CU/Corn game will be a gimme. I'd like our chances a lot if it was in Boulder....

Yes. Bet-wise, the CU/Corn game will be a gimme. I'd like our chances a lot if it was in Boulder....
I like our chances much better this year than in 2019. Nebraska has nowhere near the kind of players needed for Frost's system and it will be his 2nd game there. A veteran laden CU team should be able to take care of business, IMO, even though as others have said, they won't be favored.

I like our chances much better this year than in 2019. Nebraska has nowhere near the kind of players needed for Frost's system and it will be his 2nd game there. A veteran laden CU team should be able to take care of business, IMO, even though as others have said, they won't be favored.

If after 6 years of coaching this PAC 12 program, MAC and his $3 million dollars cannot take his 2nd most talented team with a RS-JR QB, dynamic receivers, and a more experienced defense into a rival's stadium with a new coach, helter-skelter roster, new system, and brand new likely freshman QB starter and not win the game, then he is not the guy! I will bet you that Chev and Hagan will be jacked up for that game and better get these boys fired up. Frost may be an amazing coach, but his team will only be playing their second game, and first against an equally if not more talented team. I like our chances both games, and if the spread is as large as it sounds like it might be, then I just might have to bet heavy on the Buffs. Yes the Huskers fans will be excited, but we need to shut them up. We will not be surprised by his offense, it looks a lot like Arizona and Utah!!!

not even worth commenting about
giphy.gif

Hopefully we can keep the spring practice thread alive until the summer. Consider this post as me doing my part.

I agree with everyone who says that we will probably be underdogs going in and it's likely a loss. That fact pisses me off. We are in the sixth year of rebuilding and we're supposed to be past this. Nebraska fired their coach last year and allowed 50+ points to their last three opponents. 50+ points in the Big10?!? At this point, it's really depressing that we still consider that situation a loss.

I guess we've been beaten down to accepting this as normal.

The ESPN brilliant research says that CAL is our 3rd hardest game, and that our game at NEB is their 2nd easiest game!!!

I don't think ESPN is off with that...that is why I'm expecting the Buffs to win in Lincoln this season. The Cornheads will be good again just not this season.

Back