What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Texas State Game Thread

I believe the tendency we have as fans is once a level of success has been obtained the expectation of continued success becomes the norm and we forget hence we came. Rose colored glasses become a thing of the past and we assume player's growth one year to the next will continue. It becomes an issue of the little things done well one year and drops off the next because of player attrition. The hilarity of it is we've wanted the Buffs to succeed for so long we have difficulty accepting success because it may not be what we envisioned it would be.
I think, for many of us long time Buff fans, we want to rise to a perrenial power program. Not just a 6 or 7 win, minor bowl team. I, for one, don't see any reason that The University of Colorado can't be a premier program. And I want to see us build on last year's success and not regress. That's why seeing us struggling a bit the first two weeks is concerning. To me anyway.

I'll throw this out, for everything that I've read about Winfree am I the only person who thinks he isn't being utilized correctly? To see him on TV you can tell he's bigger than most DBs, why not have 2 speedsters with Winfree on the field at the same time creating difficult coverage situation? The receivers we have in different sets can create so much havoc it's mind boggling..sprinkle in the TE and we've got a monster.
What's a "TE?"

Asking for a, um, coaching staff.

What's a "TE?"

Asking for a, um, coaching staff.
I think Irwin plays a role here. When he returns and we're in league, I will be surprised if he doesn't get a few looks. Of course I thought the same thing last year until it became apparent our TE was not gifted with good hands.

Anyone notice how we looked much better in the second half when Lynot went to center after Huckins was dinged?

Just watched the replay on PAC-12. You guys covered all the big points, but I was super impressed with Terriek Roberts' size and Nate Landman plays really downhill. Granted, it was garbage time against a garbage team, but I love the potential of this D

This game had the reduced running time rules right? It felt faster to me, not sure if it really was. Any thoughts? I definitely like the idea for non con cream puff games

This game had the reduced running time rules right? It felt faster to me, not sure if it really was. Any thoughts? I definitely like the idea for non con cream puff games
No the TSU game did not have the experimental rules. The UNC game will.
I was going to say, it certainly didn't feel like in the stadium - and I know halftime was 20 minutes not 15.

I was going to say, it certainly didn't feel like in the stadium - and I know halftime was 20 minutes not 15.

I know they got their commercials in. For some reason this game the ad breaks seemed to drag more than normal.

It's a bad sign when you already hate most of the commercials on the p12n cause you know you will be seeing them all season

That was not quite the intent, since he didn't know of the passing at the time. Not to be a crusty old man, but I like QBs that aren't thinking of their frat during a game.

“I had been telling the frat guys, ‘Yeah, I’m gonna throw it up, for sure, first rushing touchdown I got it’s for you.’ So it kind of just happened like that out of coincidence,” Montez explained. “I didn’t know before the game that Eric had passed away but it was kind of just one of those things. It sort of felt special afterward like wow that was really relevant to the situation.”
It was after the game that Montez had found out about his brother’s passing. It’s not every day that a college student hears about the death of one of his friends.

THAT was Michael Westbrook? Looks skinny and I never would have recognized him him with the dreads.

That was not quite the intent, since he didn't know of the passing at the time. Not to be a crusty old man, but I like QBs that aren't thinking of their frat during a game.

“I had been telling the frat guys, ‘Yeah, I’m gonna throw it up, for sure, first rushing touchdown I got it’s for you.’ So it kind of just happened like that out of coincidence,” Montez explained. “I didn’t know before the game that Eric had passed away but it was kind of just one of those things. It sort of felt special afterward like wow that was really relevant to the situation.”
It was after the game that Montez had found out about his brother’s passing. It’s not every day that a college student hears about the death of one of his friends.
I think you are being a bit harsh. At the very least he was aware his friend was close to death. Death is an emotional concept for young people. Us crusty old men are more experienced with it.

I think you are being a bit harsh. At the very least he was aware his friend was close to death. Death is an emotional concept for young people. Us crusty old men are more experienced with it.

I hope he didn't know he was going to die of a drug overdose.

I agree. At their age a lot of kids have not even experienced a death. I was almost 30 before a co worker was killed in a car accident, that was my first death experience. Of course within about 2 years of that all my grandparents died.

I agree. At their age a lot of kids have not even experienced a death. I was almost 30 before a co worker was killed in a car accident, that was my first death experience. Of course within about 2 years of that all my grandparents died.
I'd say you would be very much in the minority in that regard.

Back