What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Okay, a list of DT's and DE's, any info?

I'd like to see 2 this class and 2-3 in the 2012 class. This is a position that has been neglected and I think embree,tui and mcghee will change that.

Really? I did not think you gave a rat's ass about the D-Line...:lol::wtf:

I'd like to see 2 this class and 2-3 in the 2012 class. This is a position that has been neglected and I think embree,tui and mcghee will change that.

I think you will like what you see in the 2012 class. The coaches will have time to develop rapport with some recruits. I think Embree and the staff are going to put a heavy emphasis on both lines. Would not surprise me if we sign 5-6 DL.

Obviously, it depends on what type of defense the coaches implement, but what do you think is the "ideal" number of scholarship DT's and DE's to have?

6 DT and 6 DE seems OK to me, if they are "spaced out" well.

The problem with our DT's right now is that Goree and Obi haven't made much of an impact and we have 3 guys in the same class.

For 2012, we have 3 DT's right now (1 SR, 1 JR, 1 SO) not bad spacing but would be better balanced to have another upper-classmen of course.

Signing 2 DT's this cycle and 2 next cycle would keep us that number, and allow for future spacing to be pretty good. Now, who those 2 could possibly be (which I believe is your main point) is the real question.

Keep an eye on the situation at USC. The outlook on their appeal is murky and if they have to trim players after signing day, DL could be the place. They currently have commits from 6-7 players along the DL.

According to scout uncommited Cali DT David Moala has an offer from us. I could be going crazy but I dont remember him showing up on the offer list a couple days ago so perhaps he is a new target. Either way it may be a mute pont, its the last recruting weekend before signing day and he is visiting ASU.

According to scout uncommited Cali DT David Moala has an offer from us. I could be going crazy but I dont remember him showing up on the offer list a couple days ago so perhaps he is a new target. Either way it may be a mute pont, its the last recruting weekend before signing day and he is visiting ASU.

He's all Cal.

Maybe this is why we haven't heard anything....

Keep an eye on the situation at USC. The outlook on their appeal is murky and if they have to trim players after signing day, DL could be the place. They currently have commits from 6-7 players along the DL.

Great year to hold back a scholarship for the last minute to see what develops, sort of P-Rich like.

Here's some numbers to consider:

• There's 69 BCS conference schools in 2011. (I think this is right, 6 conf's, including recent expansion + Notre Dame)
  • Each team is limited to 85 scholarships maximum.
  • The bulk of those 85 will come from 5 recruiting classes.
  • Accounting for attrition, it's a fair swag to say each school will bring in 22 players per year on average, that may be a little high, but it helps the math.
  • There are 22 positions - so that works out nice. For equal depth at all positions, on average, each school will bring in 1 player for each position per year.
  • There are two DT's in that above 22.
  • Each BCS school, with need for 2 DTs per year, means 138 DTs per year for BCS schools
  • There are 142 DTs in the Rivals database showing at least one BCS offer.
  • All but a handful are committed and almost all of the rest are taking their trips.

Syko, I'd like to apologize for going off on you over your frustration at the lack of defensive linemen in this recruiting class. I understand it, and I'm sorry. This would be a pm but your box is still full.

Juda is a Buff lock imo. But he looks like he will be the only DL we take this year

Pardon the ignorance....but since there has been a lot of discussion about the lack of depth at DT, could someone please update me as to what the outlook is for these guys:

92 West, Forrest DE 6-1 260 So.
97 Poole, Dakota DL 6-5 250 Fr.
91 Poston, Kirk DL 6-1 260 Fr.
94 Bonsu, Nate DT 6-1 290 So.

I only include West on the list because it was suggested on another thread that he might be able to play DT. More curious about Poole, Poston and Bonsu...as I would think that Poole and Poston, might be able to bulk up and Play inside.

Honest question, as I was trying to get an accurate picture of what our DT depth might actually look like.

West stays at DE imo. Poole has a couple years to go... has the physical tools tho. Not sure on Poston, but in this case no news isn't necessarily good news. Haven't heard much if anything re: him since he stepped on campus. Bonsu would start if healthy imo

yes, but both are unproven talent etc.... We need some elite DL players or CU will never get to the next level.

Not sure on Poston, but in this case no news isn't necessarily good news. Haven't heard much if anything re: him since he stepped on campus.

Have heard GLOWING reports on Poston. We also know Bonsu can play. Still need more depth.

Interestingly, Tui did not have a class lined up at UofA either. He had zero DT's committed (he didn't handle DE's there either). He was in on 1 highly rated guy that was in state.

Couldn't we just beef up some other guys like we did with The Goldfish and Will P?

I really wish it were that easy.

We need numbers/quality in a big way in the 2012 class. Not sold on Poston just yet, and I still do not understand why we took Poole in the first place.

yes, but both are unproven talent etc.... We need some elite DL players or CU will never get to the next level.

This^^^^^^^^^when the heck are we going to recruit DT's and quit converting DE's into the position? Need to recruit a real NT for a change.

Back