1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OL stats

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffarino, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

When I was looking for Dizon's tackle stats, I came upon the OL stats.

Since this has always been one of my favorite OL stats, here are the ratios of pancake blocks/play for the OL so far:

Maiava - 1 pancake every 5.44 plays
    Miller - 1 every 7.16 plays
    Sanders - 1 every 9.18 plays
    Harrison - 1 every 10.53 plays
    Polumbus - 1 every 11.59 plays
    Palazzi - 1 every 12.88 plays
    Head - 1 every 14.20 plays

In addition, Maiva and Miller have had their best games against the best teams CU has played. Maiva had 12 pancakes against OU. Miller had 8 last week against KjSU. Miller's highest game grade was against OU. Maiava has 3 games with 10+ pancakes. He has only played in 4 games total.

These two seem to be on a whole nother level than the rest of the OL. Miller has made some freshman mistakes (2 QB pressures, 1 sack allowed, 2 penalties), but on the whole they are definitely an upgrade to the OL. Miller is just a mountain out there and Maiava plays with an intensity not seen on the OL for quite a long time. Let's keep our fingers crossed that Tau is there with him. Bring the pissed off attitude back!

I'm excited to see the direction the OL is going. When you have a dominant OL and DL, the rest of the game gets a lot easier.

2. Bienemy4life

Bienemy4life Member

Good stuff, for sure. I like the fact the run game took off after Maiava and Miller came in.

3. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I think the second week of Miller starting will be much better than last week. Tough place to play on the road last week and Miller made a few freshman mistakes. I think the OL is going to be the key to winning on Sat. I also, believe if we run the ball like we did last week, we will win the game.

4. ladyblaise

ladyblaise Club Member Club Member

huzzah for our true frosh!

5. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Oops, double post

6. Buffarino

I'll be very surprised if they can't run effectively against KU. Ever since the second half against OU, they've run the ball well against OU, Baylor and KjSU. The key to this game, IMO, is Cody and the defense. Cody has got to learn to look off DBs to take his game past where it is now. He makes lots of good throws now, but he also forces the ball way too much. I think he usually has his mind made up where he's throwing before the ball is snapped.

7. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Damn freshmen. It's all their fault.

8. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Miller needs to work on his lateral movement. He got beat by the ksu ends alot last week. But he will only improve with all of the pt he is recieving.

9. 71buffz

71buffz Guest

that's my favorite OL stat as well cuz it shows toughness and guts. But surprisingly the most impressive stat is Maiava having NO PENALTIES or SACKS in three and a half games. That is unbelievable from a true freshman and from a team that had like 20 penalties in the last two games. He and Miller play with an attitude that has been lacking since the days of Naeole.

Highflyer likes this.
  10. Buffarino

That's why I showed it. A guy who has a lot of pancakes is a guy who finishes his blocks, and it's usually a guy who plays with attitude and goes 100 mph. Maiava definitely seems to be a bit ahead of Miller when it comes to his progress, although that's to be expected since Columbine almost never passes the ball, so Miller's having to learn how to pass block a few years after everyone else.

11. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

There's that and pass blocking from the tackle spot is more difficult than from a guard spot - which is why it's so rare to see true frosh tackles.