What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

On outgoing transfers

Following Wilner's tweets, looks like his ranking is like this.
1) Arizona
2) UCLA
3) Colorado
4) Stanford

Has USC as his surprise team.

1) Arizona
2) UCLA
3) Colorado
4) Stanford

3rd!! thats just too much pressure to over perform. Put us back to 10th please.

1) Arizona
2) UCLA
3) Colorado
4) Stanford

This I can go with. Washington is losing a bunch of talent this year. It'll be interesting to see how they cope.

I don't understand the love I've seen for USC and Cal. I agree that USC's a good surprise pick, particularly with the incoming transfers, but they're a complete unknown. The talent may or may not mesh and that's a team that consistently underachieves. They don't deserve a top-6 pre-season conference ranking. As for Cal, I think most of us like Wallace, but he's pretty much the extent of their recruiting class, and there's no way he replaces Gutierrez next year, who was their leader and best defender. They're VERY thin too, so any injuries would really kill their season, particularly up front.

Also, they won't be as big. Didn't that big, bearded white dude graduate?
I believe this will help as we won't spend as much time helping, but they just learned how to make three pointers against us(and not miss). A lot of times they were contested three pointers. It was awful to watch.

I believe this will help as we won't spend as much time helping, but they just learned how to make three pointers against us(and not miss). A lot of times they were contested three pointers. It was awful to watch.

In Boulder they threw up several prayers(both 2 and 3) that just went in. It was just their night. Helped we played terrible as well.

I like how you guys all chastise larger programs for over signing and forcing players out of a scholarship (SEC), but hey when it comes to you guys you're all for it. Boot Sharpe and Mills or whoever the two who "transferred" so you can get better players in their place.

The hypocrisy on this board is great. Keep it comin

I like how you guys all chastise larger programs for over signing and forcing players out of a scholarship (SEC), but hey when it comes to you guys you're all for it. Boot Sharpe and Mills or whoever the two who "transferred" so you can get better players in their place.

How are they being forced out?

Nobody has been forced out. If they stay (in Mills case) or leave (Sharpe's case) it is up to them. They would not lose the scholly if they stayed. See Mills.

Why don't you go back to lambnation and take your weak smack with you. It becomes pretty easy to understand why you went to CSewe.

Boyle has already stated that if they want to stay they can

Oh look, a false statement informing your opinion. Shocking.

Boyle has already stated that if they want to stay they can

exactly.... Boyles attitude and belief is if the coaches make a mistake in recruiting, its not the student athlete's fault and hence should not lose their scholarship... but if they choose to leave, that's their decision... quite different from what OMFgasm is putting out there... and as fans of the CU program, some would like sharpe and mills to stay and some would like them to move on.... no one is forcing anyone to do anything....get a life on some other forum

What's even greater is you took time out of trying to convince us CSU's on-campus stadium is really gonna happen to make this post. :thumbsup:

This is just my opinion, but I would prefer them to both stay. I think that they build a family type atmosphere, look at who everyone says are the biggest characters on the team, Mills and Sharpe. Building a winning team isnt just about skills, its also about building relationships and a atmosphere where people feel they can win. When you are in the middle of a season, and things are getting tough, guys like them are key. It would be/is a shame that either of them are leaving.

With that said, I do think they will be able to suceed on the basketball court (playing time, etc) with a different team. Either way, I wish them the best.

This is just my opinion, but I would prefer them to both stay. I think that they build a family type atmosphere, look at who everyone says are the biggest characters on the team, Mills and Sharpe. Building a winning team isnt just about skills, its also about building relationships and a atmosphere where people feel they can win. When you are in the middle of a season, and things are getting tough, guys like them are key. It would be/is a shame that either of them are leaving.

With that said, I do think they will be able to suceed on the basketball court (playing time, etc) with a different team. Either way, I wish them the best.

Agree in that I have never heard a negative thing about either kid. They have been good, positive members of the team and given it a good attitude and effort.

That said if they want to be basketball players both would be better of elsewhere. Sharpe unfortunately had a severe injury and has never come back to a point where he can compete athletically at the PAC level in Tad's system. He is however still good enough that going to a team in a league without PAC level athletes and with a system that doesn't rely so much on athleticism he could get significant playing time and be a contributor on the court. If he is going to put in the work he deserves the reward and he isn't going to get that here.

Mills is similar except without the injury. He certainly has some skills and you can't teach seven feet tall. He just got caught up in a situation where the team became a movement based team and he isn't a good fit. He also hasn't developed the bulk to battle in the paint so his ability to contribute here is very limited. Again, on a different team with a different system he could earn significant playing time and be a contributor.

I have no doubt that Tad would give both a ringing endorsement to prospective future schools. They should have no problem finding the situations that best suit their abilities and where they can have the best possible experience.

I recall a couple of years ago the ringing endorsements of sharpe and his ability to jump out of the gym. Mills was an excellent player at the previous level and you cant coach a kid to grow to seven feet. I wish them both the best in their decisions to stay or go. If they want to log minutes, maybe they go. If they want to conribute in other ways then they stay. Maybe Tad has developed such a good, tight team chemistry that they want to be part of it, play or not. Lets remember though that it is Tads job to find players each year that can challenge for playing time, and so far thats exactly what he is doing.

Neither of them has been cut or will get cut, and if they stay they'll keep their scholarships, as Boyle has said. But keep making stuff up to hide your jealousy about that fact that CU could actually recruit 4 star (or perhaps 5 star) players to take their place and be a better team contributing to the domination over CSU that Tad Boyle's time at CU will create and that CSU is lucky to get a 2 star to throw his career away playing for the lambs and would KILL for a single recruit Tad pulled in this last class.

By the way, new to the board everyone, just wanted to say hi. Thought I'd start off ^this way.

Back