1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On stage .... UCLA

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Jul 26, 2011.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

By Ted Miller

[​IMG]Quick hits from Pac-12 media day in Los Angeles.

[​IMG]UCLA: Coach Rick Neuheisel.
    • Neuheisel opener: "As a coach on the proverbial hotsteat, I guess you're happy to be anywhere."
    • Neuheisel: "I think in this business, we are all on some sort of hotsteat at all times."
    • Neuheisel: "If we can play well at the quarterback position -- and we can protect the quarterback -- and put that together with the same running game we had last year... I think there is reason for great optimism."
    • Neuheisel: "For the first time, we are two-deep on defense, with the possible exception of corner."
    • Neuheisel on how to get fans excited: "Beat Houston ... it doesn't take long to win back your constituency."
    • Neuheisel said he hasn't noted much difference in recruiting with USC under NCAA sanctions.
    • Neuheisel on Colorado joining the Pac-12: "I think it was the right move for Colorado." He noted California recruiting. Neuheisel a former Colorado coach.
    • Neuheisel said touted freshman quarterback Brett Hundley has torn a meniscus, will have surgery Wednesday and miss three to four weeks.
    • He added that quarterback Kevin Prince has recovered from his knee surgery and said Prince will get the first snaps of fall camp. "But Richard [Brehaut] will be right there."
    • Neuheisel: "I have a real stake in this. It's not only my job, it's my alma mater."

Originally posted by ESPN.com - Pac-10 Blog
    Click here to view the article.