1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One easy way to judge success this season (including tomorrow)

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Duff Man, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Winning on the road. If we go winless on the road this season, any positive impact/momentum of the Utah win pretty much evaporates IMO. If that happens, one of the few objectively positive marks of the Embree era is mitigated. These next two weeks are pretty important.

2. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

Agree completely and I think that given the 0-2 start, the team probably has a better chance to respond or bounce back being on the road than at home whereby there could be a large amount of empty seats (especially from the students) and boos/negativity from our own fans

Can they respond or find some sort of inspiration to make a road statement....will know tomorrow

3. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

Sadly, a road win at Fresno would really be a huge win for this program. However, at this point, I will settle for major blocking and tackling improvement, and improved quarterback play. I just want to see some nasty attitudes and proof that we are not weaker than D2 teams.

4. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Not least of which is that I want to be there for a road win next week. Tired of road losses/blowouts. Hope Polk is back by then :huh:

5. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Am I the only one who thinks any positive impact/momentum from the Utah game last year evaporated in the 4th quarter of the CSU game? What good is winning on the road when you can't beat Sacramento State at home?

Daaah likes this.
  6. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

IDK if anybody watched Fresno/Oregon last week. I caught a little of it. Fresno played a very respectable game against a ranked opponent. DeRuyter looks to have a solid team, and they seem to be grasping the schemes fairly well. IMO, that doesn't bode well for CU.

7. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

One easy way to judge failure: lose to a fcs team

8. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

I couln't think of an easier way to judge the season than a loss the Sac State.

9. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

We've taken a step back on expectations and worrying about a road win seems a bit much. Unfortunately, I'm back to just wanting to see signs of improvement from the players and coaches.

10. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

really sad, isn't it??

11. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

It's easier to point out failures than successes at this point. Objectively, breaking the road losing streak is the biggest accomplishment of the Embree era. If that win proves to be an aberration, the arguments for keeping him quickly slide into subjectivity (better culture, better talent, better technique, etc.) and I just don't want to read that anymore.:lol:

It would also be pretty damn depressing if the next coach is having to deal with a new road losing streak.

12. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

My judging for the season is complete. If we can't beat a bad MWC and a bad FCS team at home, then we can't beat Fresneck or any Pac-12 school at home or on the road.

13. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

But not nearly as depressing as the next coach dealing with an overall losing streak that's in double-digits.

I accept that it's going to be a rough year and there are many reasons for that. So, I'm content to stop bitching about how we got here and who's fault it is. Now I just want to see better play and better coaching. On the road or at home, I don't really care.

14. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

We shouldn't beat anyone else on the schedule, but I am holding onto a shred of hope that some team will lay an egg on a day when we happen to be playing better and we luck into a win.
    Hard season to be a buff fan.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  15. wip

wip Club Member Club Member

I agree with this. Especially blocking on the O-line. I really hope Wood plays well when he's in there. It would be great to see a quarterback actually make a play. Also need to see this team not lay down after the first quarter.

16. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

+1

I will pull for them weekly and subject myself to the pain of losing because I do not see a win on this schedule.

17. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Fresno and Wazzu are the two best chances for a W. After that, it gets ugly. Utah woul dotherwise be a nice possibility, but there is the very real chance the Buffs could be 0-11 at that point, and I doubt there would be much life left....