1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Open Practices?

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by GoBuffs!!, Oct 1, 2014.

1. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

So practices start this Friday, does anyone know if anything will be open? It would be fun to watch a little basketball before the football game.

2. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

Tad has typically had a pretty open practice policy that consists fo calling the basketball operations office at least a day before and requesting to attend. I dont know if that has changed but I would give them a call.

3. jsmilkst

jsmilkst Club Member Club Member

Will they try some Buff Madness again, or did we blow it?

4. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Blew it. Tad's in the school of thought that if you're gonna do it, you have to DO IT. And we're not there as a program yet.

5. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

:nod:

He's not going to waste a practice like that ever again.

Pack the house for the tipoff marathon game vs Auburn and it will start to open his mind about the possibility.

6. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I will say that at the midnight madness or whatever they had a couple years ago that I was able to find our three season tickets and buy them right then and there. It was pretty easy. Of course, with season tickets sold out, there's no need for that anymore.

7. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

The event was phenomenal in that regard. They had signs for men's basketball, women's basketball and volleyball. I know they sold a lot of season tickets that night (hell, I bought two volleyball ones after watching the game prior to Buffs Madness). But they can just as easily do an open house that doesn't use up one of our practices for that. Until we get big time, Buffs Madness is probably done.

8. sackman

I get it and I'm totally fine with it. I was kind of disappointed in the whole thing to begin with. I just wanted to point out that it did have a side benefit.

9. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

After that night added volleyball, women's basketball and soccer. I have had them since.

The power of Tad

10. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

I put a portion of the dispointment on the School, its better now under George but I did a **** ton of work to get Buffsmadeness off the ground and while the school consented to do it the AD half-assed it focusing a ton of attention on the McCartney stampede with the buffs event for all the blue hairs. Had the come close to evenly splitting resources and time as well as actually making a decision quickly and running with it rather than dawdling around for a couple weeks on it then it would have been a better event.

Same story with the basketball open house they had last year, what it was announced and promoted for 2 weeks before it happened?

11. sackman

Yeah. I remember that. The whole thing was put together in like a week. Very haphazard, with no commitment to making it a great event. It was more like "well, I suppose if you want to do this, fine. Don't expect much from us, though."

12. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

What time of day do basketball practices occur?