1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Osborne response to Pelinis being idots...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by HotRack, Nov 23, 2010.

1. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

Came from a recent update to the ESPiN article talking about Carl Pelini's behavior after the aTm game.

Ahhh, good ol' Dr. Tom - can always count on him to gloss over the issue at hand.

2. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

This seems less like a glossing over, and more like a shot across Pelini's bow. Like, "Don't ever do that again."

3. BIGREDIOWAN

BIGREDIOWAN Well-Known Member

I think behind the scenes Pearlman and Osborne are extremely disappointed in his behavior. We all knew Pelini was a hot head, but I don't think we thought he'd go off the deep end like he did last Saturday. I seriously thought he was gonna punch someone. If you wanna yell at me fine, but if you start poking me in the chest, I'm probably gonna come unglued.

4. BeachBronco

BeachBronco Active Member

I would be more concerned about Carl, I think they both feed off of one another and Carl has already gone after a camera guy and didn't he have some incident last season with a female? I would probably want to encourage Carl to look for another gig after the bowl season.

5. Dunken

Dunken Member

CU beats NU....:popcorn:......could get real interesting on the nu side

6. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

Not like it is a surprise... to anyone.

30 Sep 2008
    http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/530/lunchtime-links-pelini-s-temper-tantrums-a-concern
    4 Nov 2008
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3682639
    24 Mar 2009
    http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/1759/pelini-has-learned-but-hasn-t-mellowed-in-2nd-season

Tractor likes this.
  7. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

I hope they leave them alone. They remind me of John Madden...always enjoyed watching him on the sidelines. Pure entertainment! Only reason I would have to watch the corn after this year.

8. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

If he's that bad in front of 80,000 people and tons of national television cameras, think how bad he probably gets at practice when no one is around to witness it...

9. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

i agree. it's pretty controlled statement and the more he talks up Bo's "accomplishments" the more serious it is. all the uptalk sets up the conditional statement that is....."while this may not have been your actual behavior all the time and it's what Huskers need to believe because that's how i'm perceived.....and that's how "we do" at NU......it's a reminder/threat in the guise of praise. these things i'm saying about you, this is what you haven't been more than once....

i think Bo's already 2008 infraction against the NU myth was strike one. this is strike two.

10. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Bo would be smart to settle down. Dr. Tom has guns in his office. They're not his, of course, but guns nonetheless.

11. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

:rofl:

12. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Maybe that message was more like "Don't ever do that again. Or if you do, keep winning."

13. canuck_buff

canuck_buff Active Member

OH this is going to end well in the Corn Land Lmfao. Seriously Bo's done after next season for sure lol in the Big 10.

14. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Bo has lost the respect of the refs. He is losing respect of some of his players, and in the future he will lose the respect of fans and other coaches. I'm surprised he hasn't lost the respect of NU fans after he disrespected them.

15. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

So the chancellor, et.al., look at the misgivings of the a-dept, talk to tommy, and then helps him to sweep the dirt under the rug. Tommy sees the crap being dished by the flying 'blini brothers, talks to them, and then helps them to sweep the dirt under the carpet.

So, what happens when the players do something wrong?

16. BIGREDIOWAN

BIGREDIOWAN Well-Known Member

Oh, he lost some respect with his comments about the fans. Guess he needs to put a better product on the field offensively and that begins with getting rid of Watson's ass. Memorial Stadium isn't the stadium it was several years ago, it's not intimidating to play in most of the time. It can be loud at times, but it's very inconsistent noise wise. Sure we show up for every game and sell it out, but when 3/4 of those people sit on their hands and don't stand up and get loud it doesn't help the situation.

17. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

1, welcome to the group who want nothing to do with ShortBus.

2, about the noise and energy levels in MemSta -- I think it'll be ramped up on Friday.

18. rynobuff

rynobuff Club Member Club Member

Ruin that program yet again???

19. kalbuff

kalbuff New Member

Giving Pelini credit for improving the players' academic standing only means that the Pelinis' have upped the pressure on any prof with a football player in class.

20. ruffemupbuff

ruffemupbuff New Member

Tried to go to http://texags.com/ The site of the dude who Carl Pelini assaulted. The site is no longer available. The guy has legal rights to charge Carl with assault, given the photo evidence he has. Something strange is going on. It stinks of Red.

21. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

Dr. Tom's gun hiding thugs again...

22. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

The site is working for me. And this is the statement http://v4.texags.com/Stories/796

23. ruffemupbuff

ruffemupbuff New Member