What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games 10/10 - 10/14

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
Posting early because we have

Football, football, all week long.

This week's college schedule begins on Tuesday just down the road from the country music capital of Nashville and ends on Saturday day in the warm breezes of Hawaii with stops everywhere in between.

They say that charity begins at home. Mario Cristobal took that to heart when he gave away a game that was won to Georgia Tech in front of a home crowd in Miami.

Not to be outdone in the generosity department, our local CSU Shams gave up 37 unanswered points to a Utah State team that was missing multiple key players after leading 17-0 on the way to a 44-24 defeat. I would call it a devastating defeat but in the long, putrid history of the CSU football program this one barely registers among the embarrassing losses. Fortunately for them most of their fans stop paying attention after they lose to CU.

Tuesday starts us off with three games involving schools that many fans don’t even know have teams. The only one that means anything is Liberty (5-0) at Jacksonville State (5-1) with the winner getting to sit on top of the CUSA standings.

Wednesday night is worse with two meaningless games including UTEP (1-5) at Florida International (3-3) and Sam Houston State (0-5) at New Mexico State (3-3) with all four teams worse than their records if that is possible.

Thursday we finally get what should be a decent game. West Virginia (4-1) at Houston (2-3) is expected to be close despite the differences in records. WVU has struggled some on offense.

Friday night we have the Buffs but we also get Tulane (4-1) at Memphis (4-1.) Both teams have easily beaten everybody on their schedules except one quality P5 opponent, and those games were competitive.

Saturday might be a good day to sleep in a little as the early games don’t offer much reason for anticipation.

Syracuse (4-2) has lost two in a row and likely can’t hang with (4) Florida State.

Since losing Coach Mel (She consented without saying it on the phone) Tucker Michigan State (2-3) has taken a nosedive. Rutgers (4-2) has had an easy schedule so far, this one shouldn’t be much of a challenge either.

Indiana (2-3) hasn’t beaten a P5 team this year and won’t this week either as (2) Michigan uses them as a punching bag.

When people hear Purdue (2-4) do they think Boilermakers or processed chicken. The second may be more apt this weekend as (3) Ohio State comes in to chop them up and fry them on the scoreboard.

Not to be outdone in the easy conference foes department (1) Georgia is at Vanderbilt (2-5).

Midday the PAC12 has the biggest game of the week. (8) Oregon is at (7) Washington with each looking to move up into playoff position.

(16) Utah who suffered their first loss of the season last week host Cal (3-3) who has been surprisingly competitive this year in an important game for each.

If you like blowouts this week what is probably the nation's worst D1? Team UMass is at (6) Penn State. I was tempted to make a reference to Pedo States past activities but UMass has already taken more than enough abuse.

In the same time slot (23) Kansas, yes that Kansas, is 5-1 and can become bowl eligible by beating Oklahoma State (3-2.) What kind of world do we live in when Kansas has already won 5 games and Nebraska hasn’t been to a bowl in over 5 years and aren’t likely to go this year either?

The schedule continues to get stronger as the day goes on.

Early evening games include a couple of redemption games.

(25) Miami is at (12) North Carolina after blowing a sure win last week. Coach Cristobal is pretty safe there but if they lose on another coaching blunder the cockroaches won’t be the only ones scurrying for cover in Miami.

Auburn (3-2) has had a week to prepare after giving Georgia all they wanted. They would love to knock (22) LSU out of the rankings at Baton Rouge.

National attention will be on (10) USC at (21) Notre Dame. Neither has been impressive lately but they are big name programs.

Another school looking to slip into the rankings North Carolina State (4-2) is at (17) Duke.

The PAC12 has another big game in the evening. (18) UCLA is at (15) Oregon State. The Beavers would love to give the Bruins a nice loss as a parting gift from the conference while gaining bowl eligibility.

The other PAC game of the day has Arizona (3-3) at (19) Washington State.

With the teams we love to hate Nebraska is off preparing for the rest of their season. They likely have to win the next 3 in a row for a bowl since their final 3 opponents are currently a combined 14-3.

Baylor is also off this week which isn’t good. That often means they are off looking for someone to rape or even kill.

Closer to home a huge game in Colorado Springs as Wyoming (5-1) is at Air Force (5-0.)

Expect thousands of fans dressed as empty seats in Fort Collins and CSU (2-3) welcomes in Boise State (3-3.) Can they somehow be worse than what they showed last week?

Northern Colorado (0-5) should be well rested after a week off. Won’t matter as Sacramento State (4-1) comes to Greeley to administer this week's beat down.

Small colleges continue to battle towards the playoffs.

Black Hills State (4-2, 3-1) is at Western Colorado (6-0, 4-0)
South Dakota Mines (3-3, 2-2) is at Colorado Mines (6-0, 4-0) Shouldn’t this game have some kind of mining pick trophy attached to it?
CSU Pueblo (3-3, 2-2) is at New Mexico Highlands (2-4, 1-3)
After losing 52-0 at home to Colorado Mines last week Mesa (2-4, 1-3) gets a break traveling to Fort Lewis (0-6, 0-4)

Mtn already mentioned WVU-UH and KU-OSU.

WVU looks like they could make a bowl game but it ain't looking good for Houston.

KU should make a bowl game this season but I don't think they will win in Stillwater and the Cowboys could have a good finish to this season.

Other Big 12 games:

Iowa State @ Cincinnati

I'm thinking Cincy doesn't get their first Big 12 win this weekend. Iowa State would want to win this one before traveling to Baylor then hosting Kansas. Cincy hosts Baylor next followed by a trip to Stillwater then host UCF. Last three games are: @UH, @WVU, and KU.

BYU @ TCU

Pivotal game for both teams. BYU could continue their decent Big 12 start with a win over TCU but TCU could keep their season alive with a win over the blue Cougars. This is a must win game for BYU since they host TT, travel to Austin, travel to Morgantown (ASU's AD is a wimp), host ISU & OU before ending the season with a road trip to Stillwater. Looking at TCU's schedule, I think the frogs might be cooked for the season with @KSU, @TT, UT, Baylor (rivalry game), and @OU.

KSU @ TT

A win in Lubbock would do wonders for KSU as they host TCU & UH before traveling to Austin. Tech would want to win this one before going to BYU then host TCU. TT's games after TCU: @KU, UCF, and @UT.

A bit more on CSU - their collapse coincided with the loss of their best players on offense and defense, respectively. Horton was one of the guys who killed us on offense, he's definitely out for a while.

Kamara is their only defensive difference maker, but he's a legitimately great college player. When he's in there, CSU is passable on defense. When he's not, they're downright awful. It was the end of the game, but his ejection from our game was probably the nail CSU's coffin. If he's out for this weekend's game against Boise, it's gonna be ugly.

I'm pretty low on hate for the Rams, and it's actually annoying that they took us to OT and are turning out to be gawd awful. I thought their QB would make them respectable, but they're gonna finish near the bottom of their very ****ty league.

A bit more on CSU - their collapse coincided with the loss of their best players on offense and defense, respectively. Horton was one of the guys who killed us on offense, he's definitely out for a while.

Kamara is their only defensive difference maker, but he's a legitimately great college player. When he's in there, CSU is passable on defense. When he's not, they're downright awful. It was the end of the game, but his ejection from our game was probably the nail CSU's coffin. If he's out for this weekend's game against Boise, it's gonna be ugly.

I'm pretty low on hate for the Rams, and it's actually annoying that they took us to OT and are turning out to be gawd awful. I thought their QB would make them respectable, but they're gonna finish near the bottom of their very ****ty league.
Losing those guys is huge for them but they have a culture problem.

The years they play us that game is their season. Win and they are legends, lose and the season is over.

The years they play us that game is their season. Win and they are legends, lose and the season is over.

True that.

The series is a net negative for them, except financially.

Come on Mtn, how did you miss Coastal at App tonight?? Should be a good one in Boone
Should be a fun game but I just try to highlight the games that look most interesting or most important to me.

Coastal has already lost 2 games in conference so I listed the game with 1 loss between the teams.

Way to make the thread all about you.
Why thank you very much.

Actually should have worded it better.

Look for the games that either have an interest for Buffs fans (kNU, MSU, PAC12, etc.) or the games that look most important on the weeks slate for conference standings or the polls. Also try to throw a little humor in each week (sometimes very little humor) and certain games or teams lend themselves to that.

And yes the selection of the games is entirely unscientific so sometimes on Saturday I am wondering why I didn't include a particular game or why I did if it is especially boring.

Anyone seen Oregon State's schedule the last half of the season?

Talk about brutal.

They have UCLA this weekend, which won't be a picnic, though I think it's strength on strength and DJ's experience plus it being in Corvallis helps.
After a bye, they have Arizona in Tucson, us here, then kind of a breather in Stanford at home, before playing UW at home and the Civil War in Eugene.

If they are able to somehow find their way into the CCG after that stretch, they'll have earned it.

Watched the 2H of Liberty @ JSU. JSU's starting QB appears to have gone down again and Liberty wore down JSU's D in the 4Q enroute to a win for the Flames.

The Office Thats GIF

Randomly watching MacIntyre’s FIU team. Losing to UTEP at home

On the staff are
JayMac
Mac’s other son
George Frazier
Aaron Haigler
Nate Taye

"Raise your hand if you want to go to the championship!"

Bought tickets for that game at AFA Saturday. Figured we played Friday. That game could have huge NY6 implications.

"Raise your hand if you want to go to the championship!"

Bought tickets for that game at AFA Saturday. Figured we played Friday. That game could have huge NY6 implications.
Even when they aren't good the experience of going to a game at the academy is worth it. Seeing the cadet wing march in, the traditions, the falcon flying, the fly overs, and all the rest.

It's also a stadium with good sight lines. The way Air Force runs that option you really don't see how well they do it on TV.

Hopefully you do it on a nice day though because the stadium sits up against the mountains and on a cold day the wind just rips through there and rotates and the only place that is warm is the bathroom.

Even when they aren't good the experience of going to a game at the academy is worth it. Seeing the cadet wing march in, the traditions, the falcon flying, the fly overs, and all the rest.

It's also a stadium with good sight lines. The way Air Force runs that option you really don't see how well they do it on TV.

Hopefully you do it on a nice day though because the stadium sits up against the mountains and on a cold day the wind just rips through there and rotates and the only place that is warm is the bathroom.
Air Force is a ton of fun to watch when you're not on the other sideline. Forecast looks promising.....high 40s/low 50s with very little wind.

We missed all of that last year because the weather was that ****ing bad down there.

Also the most family friendly CFB stadium I've attended

lanning was a bit of a little bitch about CU, but he's built a team that can play for it al and he continues to recruit lights out.

i think they are going to roll uw. when the season is over, uo is going to be clearly the best team we played.

usc haș flaws and oregon is further along.

our 10-2 record won't look too bad however.

heh.

Back